Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,957 ✭✭✭Doge

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    To back up the above post.

Humour.
    Most important.
    Just as vital is for all posters here to have a sense of same.
    So lets not take things too personally, or retort with too much acid here.
    We have a happy family, mostly, here and rarely is anything mentioned with cruelty at heart.
    Please keep things cordial at all times.
    If an argument is sought, there are better places than here to do it.

Like the ruddy Games Forum!
    Pack of wasters!

316743.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hmm,
    Not sure if you're getting this whole moderator /poster relationship down.
    And I certainly don't think I overstep the mark.
    Certainly there's enough mods from other forums, as well as cat mods, to bring it up if I do.

Using bold type just makes it instantly known that it's Cidey the mod speaking instead of Cidey the waster.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You know you're in launch window when the two biggest games are a Beta and a game most people played 6 months ago. Still not even tempted at all to get a PS4. Hopefully something pops up in the Christmas rush but it might be E3 before we see anything truly mind blowing.

Hmm,
    Not sure if you're getting this whole moderator /poster relationship down.
    And I certainly don't think I overstep the mark.
    Certainly there's enough mods from other forums, as well as cat mods, to bring it up if I do.

Using bold type just makes it instantly known that it's Cidey the mod speaking instead of Cidey the waster.

I don't think you're getting the humor intended in that pic down! ;)

You don't overstep the mark at all, I was purely poking fun at the bold font. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Still not even tempted at all to get a PS4.

I don't want one yet, but when the new Batman game comes out, I'm not sure how much I'll be able to restrain myself...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

waveform wrote: »
    I was purely poking fun at the bold font. :D

I've seen posters banned for less :P

Myrddin wrote: »
    h97A49856

Ah but you see, cidey is a top bloke and doesn't abuse his power like some other mods over the years. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,533 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ah but you see, cidey is a top bloke and doesn't abuse his power like some other mods over the years. ;)

I banned that girl because she was a troll, not because she wouldn't go out with me.

>_>

<_<

Anyone in particular that's directed at?

Anyone in particular that's directed at?

I can't remember any usernames in particular but there was people getting banned for the most silly things a good few years back,
    mainly in the likes of the After Hours, sports forums and all those other waster forums! :P

Interestingly, down here in bandit country, theres a lot of extreme contempt for boards.ie mods on a cork forum called ThePeoplesRepublicOfCork:

http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/forums/search.php?searchid=5879671

It's a virtually unmoderated forum where you can harass other posters and curse away to your hearts content.

The only thing that will get you banned on that forum is posting a users personal details, which has happened many a time!
    And the only thread moderation they do is move a thread to a more relevant forum, no snips unless it contains personal details.

How there hasn't been a court case yet is beyond me! It literally is a virtual bandit country!
    So when some of them try to act like that on boards, they behave like brat children when they get banned and have a good rant about it on there.

If you ever have time to spare or are interested in human pyschology, it's worth looking at The Langers Forum and watch all the crazies lay into each other!

cOiSwFi.gif

I'm actually embarrassed to be from Cork with the things that go on there! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,533 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That forum is living proof as to why Dublin is the capital and Cork is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I remember having to ban people because they were getting super aggressive and personal in a thread about gender politics in Transformers. It was at that point I had to question what was I doing with my life.

I can't remember any usernames in particular but there was people getting banned for the most silly things a good few years back,
    mainly in the likes of the After Hours, sports forums and all those other waster forums! :P

Ah I see, I thought it was a dig at the fine caliber of modding in the Games category :P In all fairness, any mod abusing their position generally won't last pissing time, as Cidey said, there's co-mods, cmods & admin there to listen to any complaints.
    Interestingly, down here in bandit country, theres a lot of extreme contempt for boards.ie mods on a cork forum called ThePeoplesRepublicOfCork:p

Aye I've heard of it, never been on it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Ah I see, I thought it was a dig at the fine caliber of modding in the Games category :P In all fairness, any mod abusing their position generally won't last pissing time, as Cidey said, there's co-mods, cmods & admin there to listen to any complaints.

I'm just glad that enternow guy is gone...

No sense of humour at all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

2cy0j0l.jpg

Sera wrote: »
    2cy0j0l.jpg

If its a popcorn moment you're after you need to check out that Langer's Forum gurlllllll.

Drive on beure!

Wow, the gameboy console's box art is amazing, i may have seen it as a kid but havent seen it in years, love the tron look...

gameboy_game_boy_box_shot_for_game_boy_gamefaqs_AALeYn6E.sized.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

I remember that image from when it appeared in the Argos catalogue for the first time. A kid at school that smelled of stale bread and pastrami that had gone off about 3 days ago got one for Christmas.

90 lads crowding round the school rich kid* in the playground to get a glimpse of this new wonder handheld from Nintendo.

Those were the days... :(

*said rich kid was also the first at middle school to get Nike Air Huarache's... that lasted about a week until he got them nicked by a big lad**, that ate nothing but cheese sandwiches and Tangy Toms, during a cycling proficiency lesson near the local swimming pool.

**The big lad had a younger brother who everyone said was well hard (no not like that). They transferred from another school (that had a rep), and along with their stale, sweaty selves, they brought with them the gift of 0800 'adult conversation telephone hotlines'. Every telephone box within a 5 mile radius of the school grounds was packed out for weeks as the news spread.

I've no idea what other contribution that lad went on to make in society, but that achievement still carries with it a tonne of merit some decades later. :)

I appear to have strayed somewhat... sorry. Amazing what a solitary image of a Gameboy can do... :o

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    I remember that image from when it appeared in the Argos catalogue for the first time. A kid at school that smelled of stale bread and pastrami that had gone off about 3 days ago got one for Christmas.

90 lads crowding round the school rich kid* in the playground to get a glimpse of this new wonder handheld from Nintendo.

Those were the days... :(

*said rich kid was also the first at middle school to get Nike Air Huarache's... that lasted about a week until he got them nicked by a big lad**, that ate nothing but cheese sandwiches and Tangy Toms, during a cycling proficiency lesson near the local swimming pool.

**The big lad had a younger brother who everyone said was well hard (no not like that). They transferred from another school (that had a rep), and along with their stale, sweaty selves, they brought with them the gift of 0800 'adult conversation telephone hotlines'. Every telephone box within a 5 mile radius of the school grounds was packed out for weeks as the news spread.

I've no idea what other contribution that lad went on to make in society, but that achievement still carries with it a tonne of merit some decades later. :)

I appear to have strayed somewhat... sorry. Amazing what a solitary image of a Gameboy can do... :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That's the one I bought myself back in the day.
    I was a student nurse and, unlike other students, we got wages!
    Bought a Gameboy!
    Feck me but they were bigger than jebus!
    Loved Tetris, Super Mario Land and Lemmings on it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

That's the one I bought myself back in the day.
    I was a student nurse and, unlike other students, we got wages!
    Bought a Gameboy!
    Feck me but they were bigger than jebus!
    Loved Tetris, Super Mario Land and Lemmings on it.

Mad to think it's a quarter of a century old now. Was a fabulous machine. Tetris, Super Mario and Batman were my favourite games on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Never had an original game boy, but loved playing Batman on my friends one! Great game.
    MMust see if I can get my hands on it for my super game boy!

Playing Pokemon Yellow on the GB Everdrive via the Super GB 2 recently got me hooked on Pokemon games. Dangerously addictive.

ZAS is an incredible technical feat too. Shame about the price though...

Never had an original game boy, but loved playing Batman on my friends one! Great game.
    MMust see if I can get my hands on it for my super game boy!

Any excuse to post some pics. :o

AihBhzK.jpg

Forget your 1080p 60fps modern shenanigans, check out those Dot Matrix pixels! :pac:

qIpjCA6.jpg

Actually forgot there was a shmup level in it too. Super game.

4EK0P7X.jpg

Original hardware folks, sometimes, you just can't beat it! ;)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Actually forgot there was a shmup level in it

It does? Going to have a shot on it at some point then! :)

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    It does? Going to have a shot on it at some point then! :)

Aye it's a hori level iirc. Been two decades at least since I've played it so don't remember it too well. Was a nice change of gameplay. Like the shmup levels in Turrican 2, great they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Donatron

The design of the gameboy has really held up. Although it's pretty huge by today's standard, it still looks pretty damn good! Like a fine wine..

waveform is no more?

Wow!
    Such change!
    So new!
    Much subscription!

waveform is no more?

Wow!
    Such change!
    So new!
    Much subscription!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91546702#post91546702

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I shall never reply or comment on or with this strange "Doge" person :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement