Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Anyone on UPC experiecing super high pings late at night? Probably serves me right for playing fro midnight to 3am but it's completely unplayable and I'm on the UPC 120mb package..

Fine for me, I'm on 150mb line, North Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭vex

I am on upc 50meg and since the 4.12 patch , I have been getting high ping spikes / dc every second or so normal game and lag/ high ping on every round of ARAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Playing on THREE's 4G out here in the sticks [16MB download speeds] and I'm getting a ping of 28ms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

:( I miss the undo button.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

vex wrote: »
    I am on upc 50meg and since the 4.12 patch , I have been getting high ping spikes / dc every second or so normal game and lag/ high ping on every round of ARAM.

Same as myself, it flies up and down constantly from less that 20ms to close to 400ms at random. Can't play properly at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Same as myself, it flies up and down constantly from less that 20ms to close to 400ms at random. Can't play properly at all.

This sounds like something similar to what i had, although it wasn't just in LoL but everything on the internet. I fixed it by going into the device manager and disabling and then re-enabling my network adapter every time i booted up the PC. Sounds more like a PC issue than an issue with UPC/Router but it worked for me. Give it a try?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Essence Reaver on Jayce, yay or nay?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

GNAR! Can't wait to give him a go, looks like he'll be quite fun at turning engages!

Orizio wrote: »

I've started trialing it out. My initial reaction is "undecided".

I was running most a tear rush, into brutaliser, muramana and then last whisper.

A friend said that Essence Reaver first could be a good thing, so I've been giving it a try, I'm not entirely sure which I prefer. The components of Reaver are better during the build, vamp scepter giving damage and sustain obviously, but tear provided that bit of mana to allow you poke down your lane.

I've not noticed too many problems though as I'm good switching stances to gain mana back in melee form.

I can see the benefit of going Reaver early. To be honest the passive on it, is an early-mid game thing. You don't need the mana regen late game, but having it early game and mid isn't half bad. The buff to it now to have 80 dmg is also pretty nice, and CDR is always welcome on Jayce.

I've been going Vamp scepter into brutaliser, then BF sword and finish Reaver. I think it's too big an item gap to simply build Reaver first off at a rush. Once completed I move into Last whisper, then finish with Black Cleaver and get myself a defensive item. I've been buidling muramana as a last item.

Again can't say for sure. I notice the best Korean Jayces are still sticking with Tear rush and into muramana, but there is such a mix going on as people try figure out it's place, if any, in Jayces build.

Slugs wrote: »

Ain't it just temporarily disabled til they fixed some exploit ?
    Orizio wrote: »

Fun little build if you're against a mostly AD team, try out this build on Mana Hungry spammer champs like Jayce / GP / Urgot:

[Not in build order, final build]

-- Mercs or Tabi boots with Speed enchant + movement speed quinns
    -- Muramana
    -- Ice Gauntlets
    -- Frozen Heart
    -- Trinity
    -- Whatever MR item if they've got an AP champ, like Banshee or Spirit Visage, or Randuin, or another AD with Lifesteal item.

All that mana stacking from them items, you got a fair chunk of damage with Muramana while remaining tanky with high armor and being speedy with high CDR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Same. Bought 2 BFs last night by mistake.

Hell to selling it for a loss of 500. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Splinter wrote: »
    GNAR! Can't wait to give him a go, looks like he'll be quite fun at turning engages!

Dont know why they make champs with more than 4 abilities, it always makes them incredibly difficult to balance, they are either trash or op i.e. Nidalee, Jayce, Elise etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Playboy wrote: »
    Dont know why they make champs with more than 4 abilities, it always makes them incredibly difficult to balance, they are either trash or op i.e. Nidalee, Jayce, Elise etc

Only through the eyes of a high level Diamond or Challenger player though...

Elise is a solid all around but she isn't exactly god tier outside of the top 1-5%. Jayce isn't trash in any skill group, not really gragas level but certainly better off than a bunch of other toplaners. Nid is like Elise in that she is good, but not really a #1 priority in any division.

Magill wrote: »
    Only through the eyes of a high level Diamond or Challenger player though...

Elise is a solid all around but she isn't exactly god tier outside of the top 1-5%. Jayce isn't trash in any skill group, not really gragas level but certainly better off than a bunch of other toplaners. Nid is like Elise in that she is good, but not really a #1 priority in any division.

I was gonna type something else but lucky enough i read your post again and didn't make a fool of myself.

Lee, Elise and Rengar/Eve are pretty much the best jungler's in the game at the moment, that's assuming you have the mechanical skill to use them to their full potential. Can't say much about Jayce as he is a very rare pick but Nidalee since her rework has only gotten stronger. I don't play her at all but when i lane against her or she is on the enemy team she is so ****ing annoying. Giving her the ult form at level 1 was a wrong move imho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I was gonna type something else but lucky enough i read your post again and didn't make a fool of myself.

Lee, Elise and Rengar/Eve are pretty much the best jungler's in the game at the moment, that's assuming you have the mechanical skill to use them to their full potential. Can't say much about Jayce as he is a very rare pick but Nidalee since her rework has only gotten stronger. I don't play her at all but when i lane against her or she is on the enemy team she is so ****ing annoying. Giving her the ult form at level 1 was a wrong move imho

ha, yeah everyone seems to agree those 4 are the best. But like you said, Lee and Elise are pretty damn hard to play to a high level.. they are still pretty decent at lower levels too but not on another level to some other junglers for us lesser mechanically skilled players. Eve is a really great champ at all levels though imo, shes such an easy champ to help your lanes smash it.
    Rengar is probably the easiest to hard carry with i'd say.

Anyone else feeling the pain of the Lee nerfs? I'm finding I can't Level 2 trade/counter jungle as I used to... I know they want to bring more diversity to the champ pool before worlds but Jesus Christ, could they leave the early game champs alone, Lee's nerfed (not useless but I can feel the difference), Riven is practically unplayable except at god tier Elo's and Elise has been chopped :(

Anyone else feeling the pain of the Lee nerfs? I'm finding I can't Level 2 trade/counter jungle as I used to... I know they want to bring more diversity to the champ pool before worlds but Jesus Christ, could they leave the early game champs alone, Lee's nerfed (not useless but I can feel the difference), Riven is practically unplayable except at god tier Elo's and Elise has been chopped :(

Haven't played Riven since the nerfs but she does seem to have dropped off the face of the rift. I welcome the Lee nerfs. I don't play him at all but i feel like he will still be a top pick in pro games. Pre-nerf I would in almost all cases take yellow trinket when i face a jungle Lee, now i won't be as scared to take my own creep camps :P Plus as an Aatrox top main the AS debuff removal from Lee is the biggest buff my Aatrox has got in some time :rolleyes:

Elise feels very much the same.

As for the buffed champs:

I played a jungle Olaf yesterday for the first time. Didn't go to well, much rather play him top. Vel'koz on the other hand i'm enjoying. I didn't play him much before the buffs but i'm 5-1 this week with 3 games mid and 2 as supp. Very fun champ to play

The problem with Lee and Elise is that their kits provide so much utility, that they constantly survive through so many nerfs. This isn't the first time Elise or Lee has been nerfed, or Eve, but they constantly remain in top tier picks because of their kit.

At low ELO levels I don't agree in terms of them not being as good. While there are obviously less high level plays coming out of them, their utility is so strong, that even without mad plays they can still carry a game from the jungle.

When you see how poor warding is, it makes these junglers life SO much easier.

I've actually contemplated learning the jungle role, as it looks so influential at the moment. Toplane loosing it's carry appeal, in that I'm too frequently having feeding bot lanes where an ADC runs rampant in the midgame. As a jungler atleast I can assist that situation and stop it from happening.

TheDoc wrote: »
    I've actually contemplated learning the jungle role, as it looks so influential at the moment. Toplane loosing it's carry appeal, in that I'm too frequently having feeding bot lanes where an ADC runs rampant in the midgame. As a jungler atleast I can assist that situation and stop it from happening.
    It's either a feast or a famine.

Problem with the latter: NME bot gets a double, you go down to camp the situation. Top proceeds to feed. Now what do you do? Mid starts to feed! You're trapped in no man's land!! ''Report jungler'' ''afk jungler'' when it's these little $hits who have fed the enemy.

Jungler role is great for a giggle alright :D

These days i mostly fiddle. You can be miles behind and still ACE the enemy with a well timed ult.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    It's either a feast or a famine.

Problem with the latter: NME bot gets a double, you go down to camp the situation. Top proceeds to feed. Now what do you do? Mid starts to feed! You're trapped in no man's land!! ''Report jungler'' ''afk jungler'' when it's these little $hits who have fed the enemy.

Jungler role is great for a giggle alright :D

These days i mostly fiddle. You can be miles behind and still ACE the enemy with a well timed ult.

These kind of games are the worst situation to be in as a jungler. When every lane is losing you feel so stretched . You need to help everyone but who needs the help most. Especially if you're playing a jungler that needs to gank in order to get ahead. Hell

• Advertisement

These kind of games are the worst situation to be in as a jungler. When every lane is losing you feel so stretched . You need to help everyone but who needs the help most. Especially if you're playing a jungler that needs to tank in order to get ahead. Hell

By far, the worst situation is team-mates who are unaware of jungler limitations - e.g. Ult dependent ganks, item dependant etc. One of the worst I've seen is where I counter jungled and ganked hard against a Malphite Jungle as Lee, and his team started berating him horribly in all chat, despite the fact they were overextending, not warding and trading too often and poorly - something you shouldn't be doing anyway, but certainly not when your Jungler needs to rush 6.

I love playing jungle, but you are subject to more abuse from teammates than other lanes

If you die to a counter jungle or attempting to counter jungle, you're **** and reported
    If a lane gets camped and feeds, you're **** and reported
    If a lane overextends and gets caught OOP, you're **** and reported
    In fact if a lane feeds at all, they blame you, say you're **** and reported

But I still love Level 7 WW solo drake steals - Makes it all worthwhile :P *^_^*

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

after patch 4.09 I stopped playing top lane and switched to support. MMR took a bit of a bashing while I got up to speed but now Im starting to get near the top of gold hopefully make the breakthrough to plat soon. Really find support is the best role to carry from at the moment given the nature of late scalling ad carries. As a support you need to win the first 20 mins of the lane so the ADC can win the last 10 and the game.

The thing is I find that I do a lot of game changing things at the moment that will go completely un-noticed by the majority of players. For example really close game a couple of days ago. I was playing thresh and there was a massive 5 v 5 team fight at baron for the game. Mid fight I threw an over the wall lantern to shield syndra and keep her alive while flashing across the teamfight to get in range to throw a face of the mountain shield on trist. Both survived with less than 100 hp and we went on to win the game after the ace. I really like support you get a **** tonne of abuse if you have a bad game and never get credit for godlike plays but I still feel its the easiest role to carry from right now

I imagine support from Gold+ is a fantastic way to Elo climb given the calibre of ADC's. Bronze/Silver, most don't know how to get to late game, let alone CS properly...

Mate of mine gave me a fantastic quote for the support role... 1:11

• Registered Users Posts: 16 alexander11

Mod Snip: No discussion of selling of accounts.

All I can say is:

"al;dnasl;dasjl;dnaj;dnal;dnasl;dkad;lakdj;ldna;dlaij;igopwiur5topwetplgkd;gms;ldkfgnml;sdfgn;soe496ujyserta'eroti093i59j3[46j3[636j363[6j3[jpsjadfj;p"

Horrid losing streak game after game after game, going from P2 all the way down to rock bottom of P5, regardless of how well I've personally been doing! :(

BeerWolf wrote: »
    All I can say is:

"al;dnasl;dasjl;dnaj;dnal;dnasl;dkad;lakdj;ldna;dlaij;igopwiur5topwetplgkd;gms;ldkfgnml;sdfgn;soe496ujyserta'eroti093i59j3[46j3[636j363[6j3[jpsjadfj;p"

Horrid losing streak game after game after game, going from P2 all the way down to rock bottom of P5, regardless of how well I've personally been doing! :(

I know that feel, but that indeed is a big drop. On the bright side i on the other hand have been on a tear from Gold 5 right up to Gold 1 over the last week or so. :D

Also how about that ultimate skin? I have played Veigar once and i was bored to tears with his farm style game flow. Kinda hope he doesn't get the skin, but most likely it is for him

I know that feel, but that indeed is a big drop. On the bright side i on the other hand have been on a tear from Gold 5 right up to Gold 1 over the last week or so. :D

Also how about that ultimate skin? I have played Veigar once and i was bored to tears with his farm style game flow. Kinda hope he doesn't get the skin, but most likely it is for him
    Veigar is the great underwhelming nuker. 0-100 nearly anyone.

Walk in stun, smash keyboard, walk away laughing. - Great fun :pac:

Turns out Veigar's skin is gonna be a legendary! Still hope alive for Karma Ultimate skin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Riot Nasus and Riot Graves available now. Didnt think they were going to go on sale again! Sweet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Nothing better than playing with a 20-2 Fizz during your promos. :D

Advertisement