Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby - Spoilers inside

• 07-05-2014 3:12pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, these were confirmed :D So damn excited! Out this November, 3DS (naturally).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

3DS-It-Prints-Money.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Oh god yes <3

I'll also hopefully be in japan in November so it'd be awesome to be at the pokemon centre for launch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm just so damn excited!

R/S/E is my favorite generation so yep, definitely waiting with bated breath.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Kinda looks like those could be Megas for Groudon and Kyogre (Kyogre doesn't have that design on its head normally anyway), and I'd say the starters of this gen could possibly be getting mega-evolutions too. Still, all speculation for now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

The Return of HM B.itch zigzagoon :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Shít, now I need a 3DS...

Also, the most important question of all that the games will need to answer: Does Ruby keep his hat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I completely missed this generation! Delighted to have the 2nd chance to play it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Shít, now I need a 3DS...

Also, the most important question of all that the games will need to answer: Does Ruby keep his hat?
    I haven't got high hopes for these. I fully expect Game Freak to ruin the whole game by making it very obvious that he's wearing a hat and isn't suffering from Werner's hair syndrome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭OiOshawott

I actually cannot wait for these. Never got the chance to play Ruby/Sapphire

• Advertisement

"Davidius wrote: »
    I fully expect Game Freak to ruin the whole game by making it very obvious that he's wearing a hat and isn't suffering from Werner's hair syndrome.

I've got news for you, the manga already ruined it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I never got to play R/S/E, I started with Diamond. I'll be buying them in a flash once they're released.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I started my foray into Pokemon games with Ruby when I was 9 years old. There were many frustrating moments when I kept getting my arse handed to me by May...:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I found this interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I have said I was bored of Pokemon and it lost its spark, but I might actually get excited now. Loved Generation III, never understood all the hatred for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I can understand the appeal for those who haven't played this before, but since I bought Ruby when it originally came out I don't get why I should be excited for this. Enhanced graphics? :confused:

I can understand the appeal for those who haven't played this before, but since I bought Ruby when it originally came out I don't get why I should be excited for this. Enhanced graphics? :confused:

More Pokémon, likely to have an expanded storyline, likely to have some of the bells and whistles that come with the later games? FireRed\LeafGreen and HeartGold\SoulSilver were both like that, it's not a simple case of graphic improvement.

Also, won't have to deal with the annoying fact of moves being special or physical cause of type not the move that gen 3 had. Blaze Kick not being physical was just silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Meh, was never a fan of this generation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

titan18 wrote: »
    Meh, was never a fan of this generation.

Boo.

It's also the first remakes where you can, however roundaboutly, import the 'mon from its original incarnation.

Well, assuming, of course, that they don't make it incompatible with other gen 6 games. That'd be silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Hopefully there'll be a nod to that in-game, where a Pokémon showing up in the post-E4 game with the original ribbons (assuming the Bank doesn't open till you beat the game), or beating the E4 to win the ribbon a second time triggers some kind of event. Given that the player character tends to be the greatest trainer of all time for the intents and purposes of the story, the arrival my old team from Emerald should be the second coming of christ and his favourite apostles.

I wonder will they leave Pokémon Bank integration out of it until after you're champ? On the one hand it's better for balancing play, but on the other it's a premium service rather than a convenience (which, arguably, the various transfer systems pre-Gen 6 were) so what right do they have now to block it?

If only I didn't give my copy of Emerald to my brother...*le sigh*

So, seeing as the Latios/Latias mega evolutions probably won't be released until these games are out, are there any pokémon you'd like to get megas that haven't gotten one yet? I'd kinda like to see a mega for Nidoking, just cause it's one of my favourite pokémon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Angron wrote: »
    So, seeing as the Latios/Latias mega evolutions probably won't be released until these games are out, are there any pokémon you'd like to get megas that haven't gotten one yet? I'd kinda like to see a mega for Nidoking, just cause it's one of my favourite pokémon.

I'd rather they dont go giving everyone a mega evolution. I thought X and Y had too many in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

SO the two starters, legendaries and diance are getting mega evos

Yup. The starters doesn't surprise me seeing as Blaziken had one from XY, and I thought the legendaries would get one (the box art kinda looked like they're megas)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

November 28th release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MartinTWD_

November 21st for Japan, Australia/NZ, and US.
    November 28th for Europe.

avoiding spoilers for a week. nice...

• Advertisement

MartinTWD_ wrote: »
    November 21st for Japan, Australia/NZ, and US.
    November 28th for Europe.

avoiding spoilers for a week. nice...

Weren't X and Y released globally on the same day? Wonder why they changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MartinTWD_

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Weren't X and Y released globally on the same day? Wonder why they changed.

Yeah, it was a global release for X and Y. if I remember correct, the first trailer said worldwide release, no idea why they changed it.

Absolutely fúcking retarded delayed release bullshít.

Ah feck, I was hoping to be in japan for the release but I think I'll be coming back on the 18th.

Can only think the issue with the Bank scared them off doing something like that again. Bit crap if everyone else gets it a week earlier though, fair enough if it was a staggered release again.

hoennmap.jpg

New Hoenn map from Serebii......which is the same as the old one, I'm guessing. They're keeping my one harboured resentment with gen III, that being the over-reliance on sea-routes. Yes, I get it's meant to make sense based on the Japanese region it's based on, but even then, my high-enjoyment of Emerald always had that slight cloud of dread when getting to the sea-portions; they just go on a bit long, regardless of having the odd nice idea involved, like the abandoned ship, or the underwater routes.

The clouds are concealing some new tasties, I guess/hope. If I'm not mistaken/informed wrong, they're obscuring the Battle Frontier as it is.

• Advertisement

One of my big problems with XY was how they blocked off routes. With all those water routes it's going to be a tonne of unnatural obstacles.

Wonder what that nasty looking dungeon-thing is on the North of the pic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Mega Sableye. Looks interesting!

http://youtu.be/GhBSCthYTLE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'm sure you've probably all seen the craic with the Primal evolutions/de-evolutions of Groudon and Kyogre by now, but if you haven't, HERE you go.

Seen on reddit that it's only 151 days to release, which means 158 for us. That's a lot sooner than I thought. While I'm not thrilled about a remake, I'll still get Sapphire (it's what I got first when the originals came out, my brother got Ruby) because of how much I liked X and Y.

• Advertisement

I'm still annoyed about us getting in 7 days later than the rest of the world.

Secret bases are confirmed for the remake, though that's not really surprising.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/9/5883203/pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-secret-bases-street-pass-feature

Interesting description of what's gonna be in there.

Such a waste of time. Never got why they were so popular.

They'll be slightly more useful now with streetpass features, before they were kinda just a thing that was there.

One thing I loved about secret bases in RSE was that their owners were inside with their team ready to battle - handy for XP if you pass by someone who's beaten the game!

I didn't really have any friends that were still into pokémon at that stage, so I never got to experience that :P

Having a brother with another GameBoy and having all three RSE games helped. :o

Everyone I knew hated the originals and stopped playing.

Yeah, we've been over that one before :P

Angron wrote: »
    Yeah, we've been over that one before :P

I still finished them :p

Nobody I knew was bothered, that was how much they hated it. One of them started playing again recently with X, but I dont think anybody else has.

• Advertisement
Advertisement