Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

time trial in North County Dublin

Options
  • 13-04-2014 8:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭

All, any Time Trials around North Co. Dublin open for triathletes in May?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Tom__JNR wrote: »
    All, any Time Trials around North Co. Dublin open for triathletes in May?

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Apply in writing to Fingal and the Gards, post it to the North Pole and await your permission from the tooth fairy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

North Dublin is closed to everyone for everything. Except the Tour De Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

The Geero De Telliyeh is open to beginner triathletes on the 11th?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Tom__JNR

Co. Meath perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Tom, have your ever heard the story about the boy who cried amature road race in North Dublin / South Meath?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Raam wrote: »
    Apply in writing to Fingal and the Gards, post it to the North Pole and await your permission from the tooth fairy.

The tooth fairy lives with Santa? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

ill run one if their is any interest.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,308 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

ill run one if their is any interest.
    To be clear anything anyone wishes to "put on" would be akin to the Boards TTs we have run. Basically everyone does so at their own risk and would have to consider any insurance issues themselves

Given the attitude clearly shown by the Gardai in the county I would suggest anyone arranging such an event gives serious consideration to how the Gardai may react to them as "organisers".

Now I do not believe TTs fall under s74 of the 1993 Roads Act if all relevant laws are observed. However I would certainly not want to become a test case on interpretation of the law, and it's clear that other organisations in the county (Triathlon and Road clubs) have attempted (in many cases unsuccessfully) to arrange races and/or TTs with the support of both local authority and the Gardai

without goin into the whole thing again i dont belive a tt comes under the act . May be a local club might come on board i have the clock :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

What if ya ran it without coming across any or as few as possible roundabouts and major intersecctions.
    Say for eg Balrothery Tennis courts to say Corduff National school or the turn for Boughil.
    Only 1 roundabout to contend with and straight as can be.

bcmf wrote: »
    What if ya ran it without coming across any or as few as possible roundabouts and major intersecctions.
    Say for eg Balrothery Tennis courts to say Corduff National school or the turn for Boughil.
    Only 1 roundabout to contend with and straight as can be.

Well riding up a hill one at a time in bellewstown has seemingly now annoyed someone enough that we can't do it, so I am at a loss.

But stamullen were able to let me race with 100 others in A4 through Naul village with Garda support today.....I agree it's confusing.

Inquitus wrote: »
    But stamullen were able to let me race with 100 others in A4 through Naul village with Garda support today.....I agree it's confusing.

That's why...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

07Lapierre wrote: »
    That's why...

But why did Stamullen get it and not others?

That's why...

So the Gardai have it in for us, evidentally the knob we pissed off was a big knob in more ways than one.

Inquitus wrote: »
    So the Gardai have it in for us, evidentally the knob we pissed off was a big knob in more ways than one.

Nope..
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89643582

So we need rolling road closures to ride up Bellewstown? One at a time?

No you need the approval of the local authority.

1993 Road Traffic Act..

74.—(1) In this section “road race” means a prescribed class of race, time trial or speed trial on a public road involving persons, vehicles or animals.

(2) A person who intends to hold, organise or promote a road race shall give at least one month's notice (or such other period of notice as may be prescribed by the Minister) in writing to the road authority and to the Superintendent of the Garda Síochána within whose district the road race is to be held.

(3) (a) A road authority may by notice in writing served on a person who intends to hold, organise or promote a road race or, where the name of that person cannot be ascertained by reasonable inquiry, by notice published in one or more newspapers circulating in the area in which the road race is to be held—

(i) prohibit the holding of the road race,

(ii) prohibit the holding of the road race unless specified conditions, restrictions or requirements are complied with,

(iii) impose specified conditions, restrictions or requirements in relation to the holding of the road race which must be complied with.
    ( e.g rolling road closures, Garda Assistance or whatever)

(b) The conditions under paragraph (a) may include the giving of security or the provision of an indemnity.

(4) Any person who contravenes subsection (2) or a notice under subsection (3) shall be guilty of an offence.

(5) A road authority may recover from a person who holds, organises or promotes a road race, as a simple contract debt in any court of competent jurisdiction, any costs reasonably incurred by it—

(a) to facilitate the holding of the road race,

(b) to repair damage to or remove defacement from the public road arising from the holding of the road race.

(6) The Minister may make regulations for the purposes of this section and such regulations may in particular make provision for—

(a) requirements in relation to the making and consideration of objections,

(b) requirements in relation to the giving of security or the provision of an indemnity.

e8e6f829_circular_argumentmid.jpg

• Advertisement

;)
    without goin into the whole thing again i dont belive a tt comes under the act . May be a local club might come on board i have the clock :)

Raam wrote: »
    But why did Stamullen get it and not others?

I've no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

A TT would be nice, I'd like to come along, join in and help out.

Advertisement