Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quest protein bars

Options
  • 23-06-2014 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

For weight loss are these bars ok to eat evem once a week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

They're ok to eat more than once a week if you like. It's your overall diet that will dictate weight loss.

I think they're deadly though, great in case of emergency!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,558 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

A 60g bar has about 160 calories.

That would be 1.5% of the overall calorie intake for someone on about 1,500 calories a day.

In summary, a quest bar won't make or break a diet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Essien wrote: »
    They're ok to eat more than once a week if you like. It's you're overall diet that will dictate weight loss.

I think they're deadly though, great in case of emergency!

The apple pie and oreo ones are soooo tasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭hollytrees

Can anyone tell me where is best place to buy those

hollytrees wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where is best place to buy those

iherb.com

• Advertisement

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭cynicalcough

Just be aware I ordered three boxes last week and got charges 22 quid customs. Maybe factor it in to the price when you're ordering

Oh no, is there anyone in ireland that sell them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Just be aware I ordered three boxes last week and got charges 22 quid customs. Maybe factor it in to the price when you're ordering

Really?
    Did you order anything else with them?

I've been using iherb for years and never got charged customs...maybe I've just been lucky:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

gymfreak wrote: »
    Really?

I've been using iherb for years and never got charged customs...maybe I've just been lucky:confused:

Ditto, till my last order, got stung for €19.

• Advertisement

They have the coconut one & berry vairty in my lcoal Dunnes for 1.49 per bar.

gymfreak wrote: »
    Really?

Nope just the bars, did the DHL delivery option though, will probably try the other next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Buy them from discountsuppliments.com for €30 a box !! Can't understand anyone that would pay import on them especially for that much.

I got them and a couple of other bits about 2 months ago and I never got charged. There was even a sticker on the box to say they had been held/checked by customs, but no charge. I'm due a delivery from iherb this week so hopefully I don't get stung on it :S

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭COH

Couple of places in Dublin advertising on facebook that they arr selling them for 24.99 a box

If you are being specific on your macros its worth noting that they were taken to court for over misleading advertising (under estimating kcal content by ~20%, over estimating the fibre content by something like 700% and not including all their ingredients on the label)

Someone else may have more specific details on that side of things. Damn tasty things though all the same, I ate 4 boxes in a week while abroad earlier this year :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭nilsonmickey

Does anyone have any further information on these? Can can they be purchased? They they be substituted for meals?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Does anyone have any further information on these? Can can they be purchased? They they be substituted for meals?

It's just a bar - an easy way to get some protein and feel like you are being bad, without being bad!

As mentioned, calories are approx 180 per bar, that would be a fairly low calorie meal! I wouldn't be able to get much from that. I think substitution would be a bad idea.

Personally i use them as a snack or something to have on way/back from a workout

They have the coconut one & berry vairty in my lcoal Dunnes for 1.49 per bar.

It struck me in themiddle of the night taht it is Trek bars they have not Quest, sorry!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I haven't ordered that particular product but yeah they're grand. A bit steep for what I paid for but no problems.

• Advertisement

Cool... they're a handy emergency bar and I miss the oreo ones :D
    I'll have to choose which to get

KTRIC wrote: »
    Buy them from discountsuppliments.com for €30 a box !! Can't understand anyone that would pay import on them especially for that much.

Even with the customs it worked out about €20 cheaper than paying €30 per box though. Plus delivery was only two days.

Even with the customs it worked out about €20 cheaper than paying €30 per box though. Plus delivery was only two days.

where do you get 20 cheaper

My last order for a couple boxes on quest was 25 a box plus 15 shipping, that's already 30 euro. customs on top of that would bring it over plus the time and hassle

Total cost including postage was $72.82 for 3 boxes (roughly €55) + €22 customs = €77 vs your €90.

Still a saving of €13 and many people have said they have never been caught for customs so it's the better option if you ask me. No problems with the postage either, ordered Wednesday arrived Friday morning and that included the delay in sorting the customs payment.

Fair enough, I saw the other threads popping up today about customs and freaked out a bit :p

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Andy_Dublin

HP Nutrition sell the boxes of 12 for €25, orders over €45 get free delivery. They're cheaper for a lot of name brand supplements too. On Facebook they have a 5% discount code...

And if you order early enough in the day it's usually next day delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

HP Nutrition sell the boxes of 12 for €25, orders over €45 get free delivery. They're cheaper for a lot of name brand supplements too. On Facebook they have a 5% discount code...

What's the nicest flavour?

Personally I love the chocolate chip cookie dough, most of them are pretty good tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 ymayma

i get mine in town, the number 8 newsagents on baggot st upper in dublin 4, it has a subway in the store too.. they seem to carry most flavours; decent deals too €2.80 each, 2 bars for €5 or €27 a box..

Advertisement