Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*TY OFF-TOPIC THREAD* 2014/2015

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ElmW13

It already looks like it's going to be raining when were camping - typical irish weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭VG31

I was on my Gaisce hike last Friday which was one of the wettest days of the month. No one had any changes of clothes left by the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MissCupcake

VG31 wrote: »
    I still have another two weeks left in TY!

Me too! Does no one else have summer exams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

We get graded on small class tests and assignments. Do you have proper summer exams????

Anyway what are people planning to do this summer.

We had them in English, irish, maths and our language. They were are an hour/hour and twenty long...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭VG31

I have summer exams in English, Irish, Maths and some class ones as well I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

I finish TY on Friday. A small prayer service, a few speeches, and a drama presentation after school on Friday and then we're done.

Although there were a scatter of weeks I nearly despaired from the boredom, I'd say 75% of the time there was always something to be doing...between trips, a musical, community work etc.

Although I am really thankful for having done TY, I still feel rather glad that it's soon going to be finished. It's time to move on. Well, for me anyway.

I'd say a good number of students in my year will never snap out of the TY mindset for the foreseeable future. Dossing, mitching, and signing out of school early for a good while to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Are any people on this thread working in the summer. Might try and find a job, I know it is a bit late but no harm in trying. Just wondering if anyone has got themselves a job and if so where and how?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭meganob

We graduate on Monday and then have classe for the rest of week (like how can we even say we have graduated if we still have class?! :rolleyes: )

Anyway, I and a couple of others are volunteering in Lourdes the week after and the rest of the year are going camping in Tipperary. Afteor that, we are on holidays! :D

All in all, I am glad I did TY. Yes there were (more than a few) bad weeks but overall the positive outweighed the negative and I feel having done TY I am more prepared for all the work of Leaving Cert.

How did you get involved In the volunteering in Lourdes

We graduate on Monday and then have classe for the rest of week (like how can we even say we have graduated if we still have class?! :rolleyes: )

Anyway, I and a couple of others are volunteering in Lourdes the week after and the rest of the year are going camping in Tipperary. Afteor that, we are on holidays! :D

All in all, I am glad I did TY. Yes there were (more than a few) bad weeks but overall the positive outweighed the negative and I feel having done TY I am more prepared for all the work of Leaving Cert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

meganob wrote: »

Our diocese organises it every year and allocates places to each school. We had to write an application essay and then do an interview in order to get a place on the trip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭thetalker

Are any people on this thread working in the summer. Might try and find a job, I know it is a bit late but no harm in trying. Just wondering if anyone has got themselves a job and if so where and how?
    Nope at least not here, I did my work experience in a cafe last week which proved an interesting and certainly enlightening experience into how business's look at people who take up a job there. I saw a few people come in and hand up their Cv's to the lady at the counter for Summer, but when I asked her whether she said if they were illegible she said that the cafe was looking for people with 2 years of experience already!
    I've learnt that simply handing in a Cv and mumbling a few words of thanks just isn't enough, you need to give them a reason why they should hire you and make them have a lasting impression of you :D

Think I have a job for the summer, my sister works in a local restaurant and dad would know the people running it so he asked was there a job for me and hey presto. I might also work for an English family I worked for last year, babysitting and teaching maths and English - Great money :)

Last day was brilliant. Really summarized all that TY is about as a year.

I'm done. Summer 2015 here goes :cool:

Finished yesterday in cappanalea. All in all ty was great, there were some moments were I was bored out of my tree, but it really changed who I am as a person. Though I'm glad to be back at the books come September, it was nice having the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Is everyone else finished we don't finish until next Wednesday. We have a big graduation ceremony as well that night that we must attend that is completely over the top that the teachers take way too seriously that no body but then sees the point of now other schools seem to have it either. Did anyone else have one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

We finished over a week ago, had a graduation ceremony of some sort, wasn't too over the top although we were required to wear formal clothing..

Summer has kinda worn off :/
    Anyone know of anything for me to get involved in?
    Really anything...

meganob wrote: »
    Summer has kinda worn off :/
    Anyone know of anything for me to get involved in?
    Really anything...

I'm in the exact same boat. Most of my friends seem to have gone off the grid altogether. I've been spending most of the past week on the computer getting bad eye strain.

The new crowd have moved in :( can't believe the year is over already :'(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MissCupcake

ElmW13 wrote: »
    The new crowd have moved in :( can't believe the year is over already :'(

I know! It flew :'( great year tho, feel way more able for fifth year than I would have if I had skipped.

Advertisement