Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Lawliet wrote: »
    Those places are for adults, I bet they all have mortgages and use their money to buy ornaments, and think gardening is a hobby. We're not like them! We're just post-teenagers

...and play bingo, and talk about moustaches, and discuss pensions, and those darn young people...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I love bingo. It's great fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I love bingo. It's great fun.

Like watching the tour de france

It's sad that I was actually being honest isn't it? There's a bingo place near where I live. I went a few times with my friends. One of them won like €180!

Screw the ladies lounge/gentlemens club. I should just go straight to oulwans and oulfellas :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    It's sad that I was actually being honest isn't it? There's a bingo place near where I live. I went a few times with my friends. One of them won like €180!

Screw the ladies lounge/gentlemens club. I should just go straight to oulwans and oulfellas :/

Bingo is actually so much fun :p I used to go every Monday with my friend. She won 130 before. Most I ever won was a tenner.

My boyfriend, roommate and ex-roommate are all keeping me up by running in and put of the apartment giggling like little girls :pac:

EDIT: They also woke me up to show me a chocolate fag they rolled. Half tobacco half chocolate powder. Smokes surprisingly well :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I had my window open all day so it seems a crowd of people outside were using it as a goal. I just opened my door when I came home and there were 7 sliotars and a football on the floor! Like, the plastic around the desk light did get a bit cracked, but what were they thinking :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I had my window open all day so it seems a crowd of people outside were using it as a goal. I just opened my door when I came home and there were 7 sliotars and a football on the floor! Like, the plastic around the desk light did get a bit cracked, but what were they thinking :confused:

7 sliotars and a football for a plastic lamp? That's a net gain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Slow Show wrote: »
    Cold Turkey is great for blocking websites, there's pretty much no way around it at all; once you've decided how long to block the website for it's gone. I should know, I cracked after a day when I tried it, removed the whole program from my computer before reading that doing that automatically blocks the websites for a week, then when the week was up and it still wasn't working so I had to e-mail the guy who made the program and he had to guide me through getting everything to work again (admitting my complete lack of self-control was quite awkward and embarrassing too). So yeah, if you're as weak as me, it'll do the trick. :)

Just downloaded this after realising I need to take drastic action. Stayed up til half seven this morning with the prior intention of doing half an essay.. would have worked out at 1000 words. I managed one hundred and nineteen. It was practically an all-nighter. :(

Three hours sleep, some minging KOX energy drink and the blockage of boards.ie, facebook, etc. should see me over the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Just downloaded this after realising I need to take drastic action. Stayed up til half seven this morning with the prior intention of doing half an essay.. would have worked out at 1000 words. I managed one hundred and nineteen. It was practically an all-nighter. :(

Three hours sleep, some minging KOX energy drink and the blockage of boards.ie, facebook, etc. should see me over the line.
    Nothing really seems worth drinking an energy drink that sounds like it was named after a part of the male anatomy. It's like drinking Karpackie. Never worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm not sure how sad going the cinema by yourself is these days :/ Wanna see the hunger games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm not sure how sad going the cinema by yourself is these days :/ Wanna see the hunger games.

Not sad at all, man. It's the only way I get to enjoy movies at the cinema any more, my friends just try to have the craic

Sounds like a plan then :D just have to buy some popcorns from dunnes that isn't salty, and its go time.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Nurses are amazing, I have so much respect and admiration for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Nurses are amazing, I have so much respect and admiration for them.

why ? does someone you hate just need to qualify as a nurse for your opinion about them to automatically change ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

psychward wrote: »
    why ? does someone you hate just need to qualify as a nurse for your opinion about them to automatically change ?
    That's a fairly silly statement to make, it's entirely possible to respect and admire what someone does, but dislike them on a personal level.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

No. The dealings I have had with nurses recently have been amazing and I was just expressing that. Nice to be nice and all that.

The hunger games was mega :D

cloud493 wrote: »
    The hunger games was mega :D

Just saw it too! It's really good! I wishhh so much that they hadn't tried to keep it at a 12s rating. That seemed to limit the awesomeness slightly :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Just saw it too! It's really good! I wishhh so much that they hadn't tried to keep it at a 12s rating. That seemed to limit the awesomeness slightly :(

It's all about money unfortunately.:( The lower the cert, the wider the audience.

• Advertisement

_meehan_ wrote: »
    It's all about money unfortunately.:( The lower the cert, the wider the audience.

This gives me a sad :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Someone posted this in AH:

:**)

Aye, tis true. Loved the way they used shaky cam to make it seem like.. more violent :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Shakycam is up there with 3D (making me wear two pairs of glasses = not cool) as one of the things I'm starting to dislike about films these days...

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

http://thebest404pageever.com/swf/lockthetaskbah.swf

That's my new favourite thing ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Lovely day today eh? People were going on about snow yesterday, didn't see any myself!

http://thebest404pageever.com/swf/lockthetaskbah.swf

That's my new favourite thing ever.
    I can't read the words "lock the taskbar" without that song getting stuck in my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Got back from school trip last night, with the realisation that there is actually nothing funnier than watching your teachers get, and being drunk.

It's 02:30. Why am I eating a potato?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

My dad "fixed" the sound on the PC and the DVD player. Everything now sounds like it's being played on a toaster

Namlub wrote: »
    My dad "fixed" the sound on the PC and the DVD player. Everything now sounds like it's being played on a toaster

Oh m'gawd! :pac: This expression is on par with "What brand of calculator did you use to record this?"

It's possible.
    breville-radio-toaster.jpg

I recall on an idiot abroad, Karl said 'I could have invented a see through toaster but someone already did' and I was mind blown. A see through toaster :eek:

Just found out the guy I was drinking with last night was John Hurt's son :pac:

So.. after having a really shít day in work I just applied for a chef job in London for the summer. Not really sure how I feel about it/what to do about accommodation if I get it/what my bf will think of it all if it happens. I'm slightly scared now. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Aoifey! wrote: »
    Just found out the guy I was drinking with last night was John Hurt's son :pac:

Is that the ''line'' that works on you ? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Sup ya'll just said id stop by and say hi :D . Been dying to get back to boards since i stopped. Missed it, But gave me some breathing space to get my priorities into prospective.

See ye around.

So what's been up with you, shannon_tek?

Colm! wrote: »
    So what's been up with you, shannon_tek?

Not much living life, cant go wrong with that ehy, Im presuming lent is over as everyone was eating chocolate :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Easter Sunday ring any bells?

Good episode of the comedy button this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

So many easter eggs, so little time

• Advertisement

Is that the ''line'' that works on you ? ;)

How could I resist after that like :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Not going out the Sunday of a bank holiday weekend...

*twiddles thumbs*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Someone posted this in AH:

:**)
    Reminds me of this

Ha ha poor monkey. Did i read somewhere that monkey's can be quite* dangerous? or would i be wrong in saying that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Oh why do I have my teenage cousins added on facebook? Young ladies I do not need to see the pair of you half dressed and drunk in a nightclub every weekend! Don't you have a leaving cert to study for? Don't make me say it to my mum who'll say it to your dad!

• Advertisement
Advertisement