Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco wiper blades - €2 each

Options
  • 12-07-2010 8:29pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was due to get a new set of wiper blades for the car and happen to be in tesco so checked out what they have. The old school blades are currently €2 each for the whole assembly and €4 each for the more modern flat style. I haven't tried them at speed yet but at those prices you can't go wrong.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I picked up these as well a few days ago. Seem to be holding up well so far! I got the old school ones btw. For €2 you can't really go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

delly wrote: »
    I was due to get a new set of wiper blades for the car and happen to be in tesco so checked out what they have. The old school blades are currently €2 each for the whole assembly and €4 each for the more modern flat style. I haven't tried them at speed yet but at those prices you can't go wrong.

Wow thats cheap , its worth stocking up at that price ;) must buy a few as they are handy to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Hellboy99 pointed out, on another thread, that some of these are designed for left hand drive vehicles (the wind deflector faces the wrong direction when put on right hand drive vehicles).

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66614861#post66614861

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Fnz wrote: »
    Hellboy99 pointed out, on another thread, that some of these are designed for left hand drive vehicles (the wind deflector faces the wrong direction when put on right hand drive vehicles).

Got a couple of these, they don't have a wind deflector so it must be a different type he's talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

I fitted a pair to my car a few weeks back... the slightly more expensive set (€3.99 for one) and they work fine.

It was about €40 for a pair in Halfords... and I dread to think what the main dealers were charging.

Just be sure to check the specifications on the back of the packaging. Some cars use 2 different size blades e.g. 24" on the driver side, 18" on the passenger side.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Are these available in most Tescos or do only certain stores do them?

Wouldn't mind stocking up on them at that price - even if they didn't last as long as the premium named brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭rx8

They are probably only available in the Tesco Extra stores.

Got 2 sets of these about a 6 weeks ago in clearwater,finglas, one for the OH who has a hyundai coupe and she is delighted with them, mine are on a BMW 3 series and I found it a bit fiddly to figure out which accessory to use to get it to fit on,and on the drivers side it does slightly block the washer jet,but hey, for that price I'm happy to live with it.
    I'll be stocking up the next time i'm up there too.
    I can't imagine BMW fitting new wipers for less than €60.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

They've been selling wiper blades and the whole assembly in 2euro shops for years for 2 euro. I've got a pair from 2euro city on my car and the work fine!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Fnz wrote: »

I noticed that alright but haven't had any bother as of yet. I got both sets and put the spares in the boot, so if they do cause problems when going fast then I can revert back to the older type blades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

I was asked for €76 for wiper blades in Renault garage in Naas for the wife's car - Grand Scenic. I bought them in Halfords for €40 and thought I'd done well. I also bought a new set for my own car for €36, one of which broke a month later. Wish I'd seen this thread sooner :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Sue Rocks

are there different sizes available? Head weather forecast today and they said you should check wipers etc .. freaked me out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

delly wrote: »
    I noticed that alright but haven't had any bother as of yet. I got both sets and put the spares in the boot, so if they do cause problems when going fast then I can revert back to the older type blades.

You may be able to disassemble them and flip it the deflector so that it's facing the correct way - at least according to some of these folk:

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/showthread.php?t=263267

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Sue Rocks wrote: »
    are there different sizes available? Head weather forecast today and they said you should check wipers etc .. freaked me out!!

Yeah, the go from 16" upto 24" in the Tesco I was in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

You may be able to disassemble them and flip it the deflector so that it's facing the correct way

I'm pretty darn sure you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Never tried the tesco ones but I have bought some in lidl before. A bit more expensive than 2 euro though. they were grand for a while but god louder and louder in a very short space of time. Eventually they wrecked my head so much I changed them for a set of champions from the local motor factor(even though they were still doing a good job clearing the window). Hard rubber sucks.

Advertisement