Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can dpd refuse to deliver to an area?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Alright, here's the nuts and bolts of it. You order something it gets delivered. Simple. It doesn't, you let the seller know and the reasons why. They dort it out.

I'd hazard a guess that this driver has a restraining order against him, given his use of the phrase "not allowed" as there's no way its company policy. The company, once you complain, will either tell him to deliver or tell him to get lost.

All DPD drivers are employed by DPD and not contractors as has been previously suggested. That's Fastway. If this guy isn't doing his job, he needs firing or at the least, disciplinary action taken against him.

Getting him in trouble is the least of your worries after paying good money for a product and more good money to get that product delivered. Fack him. You're the customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sarsyc07

pajopearl wrote: »
    Alright, here's the nuts and bolts of it. You order something it gets delivered. Simple. It doesn't, you let the seller know and the reasons why. They dort it out.

I'd hazard a guess that this driver has a restraining order against him, given his use of the phrase "not allowed" as there's no way its company policy. The company, once you complain, will either tell him to deliver or tell him to get lost.

All DPD drivers are employed by DPD and not contractors as has been previously suggested. That's Fastway. If this guy isn't doing his job, he needs firing or at the least, disciplinary action taken against him.

Getting him in trouble is the least of your worries after paying good money for a product and more good money to get that product delivered. Fack him. You're the customer.

Thanks a million, that was very helpful as it was answering my question directly and useful to know that info regarding fastway too whom I also use frequently.
    I appreciate you and all the other people that were helpful as opposed to scolding taking the time to respond!
    I have rang customer services as on their website and they were very nice about it.
    They too were also surprised to hear of this policy which appears as others have suggested to be the individual drivers and not the company policy as a whole.
    The lady has said she is going to email the depot he is attached to and was glad to be told that this had happened on a few occasions.
    I have more parcels due to arrive on Monday so it will be interesting to see whether the issue will arise again.
    Thanks again to everyone that gave advice, much appreciated and even if some people think it was making a mountain out of a molehill, it was great to get feedback about whether or not it was in fact a breach of contract per say.
    I hope the thread will be useful if anyone else has issues with deliveries!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

Jesus talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. You're going around in circles here. You are paying for a service and not recieving it. Each post you're just reiterating the same thing over and over. You're not happy, it's inconvient and you're wondering if you're justified in complaining. 2 pages of people suggesting to bring it to the companies attention and you're dismissing it saying maybe you won't be taken seriously. Good lord.

There is only one way this is going to be sorted and it's not by strangers on the Internet. They can't fix it if they don't know about it.

Its turning into a trivial annoyance, deal direct to sort the problem agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

spurious wrote: »
    Maybe if the driver actually went to Darndale he'd change his mind. Some people have such mad ideas about parts of our city.

And some people avoid the area for good reason.

A few years ago I worked delivery for Thang Cong Chinese Take Away down in Priorswood and we had delivery boys in the cars just for Darndale, so far as I know its still the same.

I certainly wouldn't leave my car unattended and out of sight there, and I'm sure a delivery driver with a van full of parcels might share the same conerns.

I know all the arguments that there are decent people in the area, I've some good mates from Darndale, I know a member of AGS born and raised in Darndale and I know a barrister also born and raised there but its a sad fact that in some area's the many make it a nightmare for the decent few.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tendreams

This happened to me, same area.

I think much of the reputation Darndale has is due to others, due to prejudice and the media and opinions formed on the outside not due to the real life situation but due to word of mouth etc. This has an unfair effect on how innocent people from Darndale are treated by others. This company is an absolute disgrace and the staff are cowards.

Roll on drone deliveries i say and the firing of these useless delivery people.

They call themselves a global company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Tendreams

And some people avoid the area for good reason.

A few years ago I worked delivery for Thang Cong Chinese Take Away down in Priorswood and we had delivery boys in the cars just for Darndale, so far as I know its still the same.

I certainly wouldn't leave my car unattended and out of sight there, and I'm sure a delivery driver with a van full of parcels might share the same conerns.

I know all the arguments that there are decent people in the area, I've some good mates from Darndale, I know a member of AGS born and raised in Darndale and I know a barrister also born and raised there but its a sad fact that in some area's the many make it a nightmare for the decent few.

In Darndale the many are the decent, the few are the scum (get it right) and the area has almost no police presence. It was designed as a social sinkhole for social problems (from the govt point of view) and the government might not even like it if certain problems disappeared. If there are no cops crime is going to be a risk anywhere.

However if you feel nervous entering ANY place statistically you are more likely to be attacked or noticed. That's a natural law. Man up is my answer.

Advertisement