Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White men cant run!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Ann22 wrote: »
    . My hubbie also can't go down waterslides properly, he sticks to them. Odd that.:)
    ROFL
    Quote of the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭nycman

Who is the fastest white man......Paul Hession??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

nycman wrote: »
    Who is the fastest white man......Paul Hession??
    I heard Collin Farell only lasted like 10minutes one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,246 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Are you honestly trying to say that white people just sink whereas black people float in water.... honestly!?!
    Different people have different bone densities and different fat and muscle percentages that will affect how well they float. Apparently Paul Daniels (magician) has a high bone density and sinks like a methaphorical stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

There's actually a scientific explanation for it. Really. Its barely even racist too.

Humanity originated in Africa, white people are essentially an offshoot. Black people, as a whole, possess drastically more genetic diversity than any other race. If a comet were about to hit the planet and we saved just one small African village the majority of human genetic diversity would be preserved. The reason this is relevant is that because of this diversity black people are more likely to have extremes of performance. If we drew a graph that showed the maximum speed/fitness of a sample group of white people we'd see a fairly predictable average, no one goes particularly high or low. If we did the same with a sample group of black people the graph would show that a bunch of them average out like white people, but there would be a few that went way higher as well as way lower on the graph. Those few that go much higher on the graph are the ones who make the best athletes.

So while on average all races have about the same performance, the best black athletes are likely to be better than the best white athletes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

If you were getting chased a lot you would be fast too.
    Explain this one for me.

The answer is lions.
    bluto63 wrote: »
    My friends granny put it best: "of course they're gonna be good when they spend their whole day running through the jungle!"

Do you think all Africans live in a jungle? Do you think all black Americans live in a jungle?

*looks at the 'Thanks' for these posts too...hmmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

Karoma wrote: »
    Explain this one for me.

i put the thanks up because i found it funny, i think he was saying somthing along the lines that they need to run faster because a large amount of black american would live in the less well off areas and crime is rampent. running faster than other people would be a matter of life and death in some cases

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The winter olympics is dominated by white people.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,246 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Winter events at a recreational level are dominated by white people any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Cycling is dominated by white people too.There is a black swimmer on the American team too.ALso,Jeremy Wariner is white and hes one of the best 400m runners in the world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

gino85 wrote: »
    i put the thanks up because i found it funny, i think he was saying somthing along the lines that they need to run faster because a large amount of black american would live in the less well off areas and crime is rampent. running faster than other people would be a matter of life and death in some cases
    How come there are no white people from poor areas who can run just as fast then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

Terry wrote: »
    How come there are no white people from poor areas who can run just as fast then?

im guessing they dont care about thier life as much

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

its funny that 20 years the same argument would have been made about boxing, "how come no white guys are world heavyweight champ"

today the eastern europeans and russians dominate that division Ruslan Chagaev, Sultan Ibragimov, Oleg Maskaev, Sergei Liakhovich, Nikolay Valuev and Wladimir Klitschko are much bigger and stronger than anyone else. valuev is 7ft tall, klitschko at 6'7 moves around the ring like a small guy

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Explain this one for me.

Do you think all Africans live in a jungle? Do you think all black Americans live in a jungle?

My mum says those things about the lions as well because she thinks it's funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

javaboy wrote: »
    How soon will this go the way of the "Why are there no good black swimmers?" thread?

baisicly its to do with bone density

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

Are you honestly trying to say that white people just sink whereas black people float in water.... honestly!?!

And if they weigh the same as a duck...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

janeybabe wrote: »
    My mum says those things about the lions as well because she thinks it's funny.
    gino85 wrote: »

So racist jokes are okay as long as they're funny?
    Want me to make it a rule that you're only allowed post in AH as long as you amuse me? Guess how long you'll last.
    All of you: AH is not the place for that sort of crap. Cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

:rolleyes:
    here we go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Want me to make it a rule that you're only allowed post in AH as long as you amuse me? Guess how long you'll last.
    Remember the time you made those muhammed lol pictures around the time of those Danish cartoons? How is that any bit more acceptable than making racist jokes? No topic should be off limits for jokes or humor. Sexism, creed, racism, what ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

I thanked it because it was funny. There is no need to be so PC - it was a joke and a good one at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Go on, quote me saying what my mother thinks is funny and call me a racist.

I was actually going to add in that she thinks its funny because she can be quite racist but I thought it was pretty obvious. I never said I thought it was funny. It's a pretty common joke though.

Back on topic, I know loads of white people who can run really fast, but there's no way they'd win any races. They can still run fast though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

rossie1977 wrote: »
    its funny that 20 years the same argument would have been made about boxing, "how come no white guys are world heavyweight champ"

today the eastern europeans and russians dominate that division Ruslan Chagaev, Sultan Ibragimov, Oleg Maskaev, Sergei Liakhovich, Nikolay Valuev and Wladimir Klitschko are much bigger and stronger than anyone else. valuev is 7ft tall, klitschko at 6'7 moves around the ring like a small guy

steroids

indough wrote: »
    steroids

Why would you say the white guys are on drugs and not the black guys

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

This is something I've been trying to find out and maybe I'm not phrasing it right in search engines, but when was the last time a white guy held the 100m dash world record?

Has this really gone the way of people accusing each other of racism?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

not white guys in general but russians and eastern europeans, their athletes are notorious for juicing

blacks are superior boxers because they're genetically stronger in terms of having a denser structure (which incidentally is one of the reasons they're not as good at swimming) and also because their facial features differ from whites

JangoFett wrote: »
    This is something I've been trying to find out and maybe I'm not phrasing it right in search engines, but when was the last time a white guy held the 100m dash world record?

Has this really gone the way of people accusing each other of racism?

Armin Hary was the last white guy to hold the world record in 1960 with a time of 10 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

kieranfitz wrote: »
    javaboy wrote:
    How soon will this go the way of the "Why are there no good black swimmers?" thread?
    baisicly its to do with bone density

I wasn't looking for an actual answer. I was just wondering how long it would take to descend into juvenile "funny" racist comments. Not long apparently.

@those who thought the lions joke and related crap jokes were funny. They weren't. If you're going to tell a racist joke, at least try and make sure it's funny. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

indough wrote: »
    not white guys in general but russians and eastern europeans, their athletes are notorious for juicing

Women athletes mainly. They have stocky arms so win all the throwing events too.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭murser

I think the reason the black guys are faster is related to the high altitude that they live in. Their lungs are far more efficient than people living at lower altitudes. When they come to the olympics at the lower altitude they are at a huge advantage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

murser wrote: »
    I think the reason the black guys are faster is related to the high altitude that they live in. Their lungs are far more efficient than people living at lower altitudes. When they come to the olympics at the lower altitude they are at a huge advantage.
    The teachers back at school told us the same thing.

Advertisement