Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White men cant run!

Options
  • 22-08-2008 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

Having watched some of the olympics one thing that has struck quite clearly to me is that White people are either getting slower or always were slow!

All the fastest people in the world seem mostly to be Black. And I would have a guess and state that most of the Gold medals at the olympics have been won by black/asian ethnic origins.

So whats happened? Have white people become slower or are other ethnic groups clearly better than white people at most sports?s

As for Irelands poor medal count, lets hope that the olympics make GAA an olympic sport for 2012!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

FreedomJoe wrote: »
    Having watched some of the olympics one thing that has struck quite clearly to me is that White people are either getting slower or always were slow!

All the fastest people in the world seem mostly to be Black. And I would have a guess and state that most of the Gold medals at the olympics have been won by black/asian ethnic origins.

So whats happened? Have white people become slower or are other ethnic groups clearly better than white people at most sports?s

As for Irelands poor medal count, lets hope that the olympics make GAA an olympic sport for 2012!

If you were getting chased a lot you would be fast too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

The answer is lions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

FreedomJoe wrote: »
    lets hope that the olympics make GAA an olympic sport for 2012!

We'd get lots of silvers:

Australia would win the football
    Wherever is good at lacrosse would win the hurling.
    The yanks would win rounders, the japanese would come second and canada third.

In fairness we might have a chance with handball.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

White men can't do a lot of things.

EDIT: Why do you capitalize white and black?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

How soon will this go the way of the "Why are there no good black swimmers?" thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Athletics is dominated by black people maybe, but look at all the other sports. Swimming for instance, i don't think i've ever saw a black swimmer (i'm sure they exist though).

What about gymnastics?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

What about gymnastics?

Asians.

Swimming for instance, i don't think i've ever saw a black swimmer (i'm sure they exist though).

What about gymnastics?

I saw one the other day, somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭phenomenon

I, for one, welcome our new athletically superior black overlords!

• Advertisement

javaboy wrote: »
    How soon will this go the way of the "Why are there no good black swimmers?" thread?

The answer is drought. :D

phasers wrote: »
    Asians.
    Well, you know, Asia is a big place.

I saw one the other day, somewhere
    Are you sure it wasn't just dark?

Yeah and why are the Middle Easterns so good at terrorism? Or the Brazilians at football? Whats up with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Athletics is dominated by black people maybe, but look at all the other sports. Swimming for instance, i don't think i've ever saw a black swimmer (i'm sure they exist though).

As all the good swimmers are in Europe by now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

What about gymnastics?

Blacks dont make good swimmers for some reason.
    Unless you count Eddie The Eel!!

http://www.videosift.com/video/A-hilarious-swimmer-from-Guinea-in-the-2000-Summer-Olympics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

My friends granny put it best: "of course they're gonna be good when they spend their whole day running through the jungle!"

Are you sure it wasn't just dark?

Maybe, I can't be sure. I just remember commenting on the black swimmer is all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

We were taught in high school that black people have a greater lung capacity. I have no idea if that's true or not. It's either a classic example of the backwoods Pennsylvania education system or the answer to why black people run faster and sing better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

PillyPen wrote: »
    We were taught in high school that black people have a greater lung capacity. I have no idea if that's true or not. It's either a classic example of the backwoods Pennsylvania education system or the answer to why black people run faster and sing better.

I learned something similar.

Except it was that they have more red blood cells than whites and so can get O2 to the muscles quicker or something to that effect.

Not sure if it's true though. And not googling it. It's far too late for that.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure, I was talking to an eighty year old a few weeks ago and he told me that blacks have an extra muscle in the back of their thighs which lets them run faster. Don't know how true that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

What? :eek:
    You don't remember Eric the Eel. Man is a legend, not only did he represent his country in the 2000 Olympics but he won his heat (the other competitors got disqualifed for false starts.

Should be a legend of the boards tbh

Skip to the end, poor guy was almost drowning

micmclo wrote: »
    Skip to the end, poor guy was almost drowning

He must have been brilliant so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Lirange

As all the good swimmers are in Europe by now.

Not unless the Americans and Australians defected.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

obviously arabs, hispanics, asians can't run either as i don't see them winning any olympics medals in these sports, over 1 billion indians and not one of those guys even close to winning a medal in the 100 or 200 metres :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

rossie1977 wrote: »
    obviously arabs, hispanics, asians can't run either as i don't see them winning any olympics medals in these sports, over 1 billion indians and not one of those guys even close to winning a medal in the 100 or 200 metres :rolleyes:

The Moroccans are brilliant at long distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

javaboy wrote: »

Great point. Was thinking about that the other day :tongueyouteysmileyfacechap:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I think its something to do with their bones. My husband who is white can't float at all in water. I can't swim out of my depth but if I hold my breath and let my body go limp I turn upside down and my bum floats. My hubbie just sinks to the bottom. I nearly drowned once in the deep end of a pool-I was flailing about underwater about halfway between the surface and the bottom... I couldn't get up for a breath of air-very frightening- and he calmly walked across the bottom reached up and pulled me by the arm to shallow water. How weird is that? His brother is the same. I think their bones are very dense. They have wuzzy hair, I wonder if maybe generations back they have black ancestry?:D

Ann22 wrote: »
    I think its something to do with their bones. My husband who is white can't float at all in water. I can't swim out of my depth but if I hold my breath and let my body go limp I turn upside down and my bum floats. My hubbie just sinks to the bottom. I nearly drowned once in the deep end of a pool-I was flailing about underwater about halfway between the surface and the bottom... I couldn't get up for a breath of air-very frightening- and he calmly walked across the bottom reached up and pulled me by the arm to shallow water. How weird is that? His brother is the same. I think their bones are very dense. They have wuzzy hair, I wonder if maybe generations back they have black ancestry?:D
    Are you honestly trying to say that white people just sink whereas black people float in water.... honestly!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Are you honestly trying to say that white people just sink whereas black people float in water.... honestly!?!
    No the opposite. I was wondering if it's true that black people don't make good swimmers then maybe there's a reason. My hubbie is unusual in that he can't float. I was just thinking maybe whatever's going on with him is the same with black people. My hubbie also can't go down waterslides properly, he sticks to them. Odd that.:)

Advertisement