Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Racist" row: Finger-loss fraud

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Those scumbags are getting more and more creative! To actually use a FENCE to cut someone's finger off! Had they not got a knife on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Reminds me of that old Helen Keller joke, why did Helen Keller play the piano with one hand?? She would sing with the other one :eek:
    :D

As for the story.... when I heard about it first on the radio a day or two after it happened I got the feeling there was something not quite right about it, a tingling in my spidey senses you might say.
    The way they were reporting it suggested that the Gardai weren't convinced with the lads story. Turns out they were right to be suspicious.
    Weren't there suggestions at first (by the guy involved) that the finger was stamped off but the surgeon said that it looked like it was cut off or bitten off? And also, when the Garda reviewed the CCTV footage of O'Connell St. they only saw a minor scuffle.

The way the story was originally reported gave you the impression that a young talented concerto pianist from England got lost on O'Connell St. and was approached by a group of scumbags and when they found out where he was from preceded to beat seven shades of sh1te out of him. And then somehow, after finding out he was a pianist, held him down and stamped off his finger.

Gotta love the tabloids!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Says a lot that beating up an Englishman cen be described as "Fun" and not get slated as well.
    The reason it wasn't slated because it was obviously not to be taken seriously...most users on here know that. It's tragic the guy's lost his finger and that he got stitched one in the chipper, but sh*t happens...we're taking the mickey out of the usual overhyped media outcry that the Irish red tops excel at, not at the victim. Sick and tired of having to explain humour to people on this forum who fail at reading comprehension...

Advertisement