Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pain when using cross trainer

Options
  • 02-10-2014 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭

I've started to use my cross trainer but after about 5 mins the sole of my feet start burning. It basically feels af if there is friction with my runner which there isn't. Would this be normal. Has anyone else ever experienced this.

Edit: just want to add I've just started to attend a physio for lower back/leg pain and she said my sciatic nerve is possibly compressed by a disc. Could this have anything to do with it.

I will ask the physio if there is a connection but im not with her until next Friday. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Golfnut77

You're more than likely not using it correctly, a cross trainer is strange for people starting out, it's an unnatural movement, you need to have correct form and posture or you'll be engaging the wrong muscles and putting pressure on joints.

Ideally you'd have a PT work with you but if you're doing it from home then maybe look up some YouTube videos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭CeannRua

I have this same problem. It's only developed in the last year and I'm far from a beginner on the cross trainer! To cut a long story short, I was told it might be down to having tight calf muscles. I get pain in the balls of my feet only, where all my weight lands. I'd be very interested to hear what your physio says OP if you wouldn't mind posting back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭lighterman

CeannRua wrote: »
    I have this same problem. It's only developed in the last year and I'm far from a beginner on the cross trainer! To cut a long story short, I was told it might be down to having tight calf muscles. I get pain in the balls of my feet only, where all my weight lands. I'd be very interested to hear what your physio says OP if you wouldn't mind posting back.

Ye. No prob.Its not until next Thursday but will do.

I also have very tight calves so this may have something to do with it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

might not be applicable but a foam roller or a tennis ball warm up on your feet might loosen things up if there is no other underlying problem

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Advertisement