Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish times article-registraion of health professionals

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I'd feel confident, that people who provide a certain service have gone through a defined and recognised process to be qualified to provide that service. Particularly when it comes to matters that my body is concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

It allows the public to have more confidence in dealing with health professionals, as now they can be assured that they are, in fact, what they say they are.

Without a register, anyone can claim to be a health professional, as things like Physiotherapist was not a protected title. I also think they should gain sole use of the term Physical Therapist, as that is what they're known as in other countries, such as the US. I think it will mean less confusion for the public when seeking appropriate services. As the article says, someone could google their condition and see reference to a Physical Therapist and not realise that means Physio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,653 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It would be proper order, fit tears I have been saying that engineer should also be protected as it is abroad. Any award that is obtained through graded methods so as to guarantee a level of competence in the profession should be protected.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Darkest Horse

Where's the body to differentiate between personal trainers and S&C coaches?!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Thud

Isn't there some confusion over Chiropractors and dodgy back manipulators as well? Should sort that out too

• Advertisement
Advertisement