Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC's mobile offering

Options
  • 30-07-2015 10:15pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone else received this in their email yet, seems like a very good deal on the face of it, obviously doesn't go into details about which network they will be operating on or whether they will be offering 4G, still thou for €15 per month its worth a chance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Has anyone else received this in their email yet, seems like a very good deal on the face of it, obviously doesn't go into details about which network they will be operating on or whether they will be offering 4G, still thou for €15 per month its worth a chance.

They're using the 3 network.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Seems like a fantastic offer. If they're using 3 hopefully they'll get 4G too.

Hoping to get this email soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Sono

Some offer! Come on email me please...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Crazy offer.

OP, are you already a UPC customer for tv and BB or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Pity their TV offering is so ****e. I have broadband with them but will be moving that to Sky once my contract is up so I get a bundled deal from Sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,774 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Nice!

That was in the making for a long time. Was looking forward to see whatever they were gonna offer. I was expecting quad play for existing upc customers rather than a standalone. I'm still in contract though, otherwise I would have signed up for this already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I have been waiting for UPC's mobile service for over a year.

Better offer than I was expected, and will sign up as soon as I get an email. If I get one that is.

OP. If you want to forward that email over to me, by all means! lol

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

nm wrote: »
    Crazy offer.

OP, are you already a UPC customer for tv and BB or what?

I'm a BB and phone customer, no TV package from them, and I haven't received the email from them either, this was forwarded on to me from someone who has. On the sign up page it's asks for your account number so I'm guessing they know which accounts holders have been selected for this deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭893bet

Would this sim work in a dongle ?

893bet wrote: »
    Would this sim work in a dongle ?

No reason why it wouldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Unlike other phone companies, UPC will continue their practice of upping their prices annually

Worth the hassle? Not for me. Tescomobile. Same price but with 1GB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Link?

frash wrote: »
    Link?

Have you clicked on the link in the first post?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

48months.ie does me. €10/month for all I need.

Have you clicked on the link in the first post?

That's not a link - it's a screenshot
    I was wondering if there was a link for trying to sign-up as I can't find one & one hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet.

Apt username btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

I was wondering if there was a link for trying to sign-up as I can't find one & one hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet.

Apt username btw

I think whoever got mail are trialists there would be a massive media campaign if upc were going live with the network

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭AndersLimpar

Anyone have the link to register interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,265 ✭✭✭✭ted1

bromley52 wrote: »
    48months.ie does me. €10/month for all I need.

Me too.
    The UPC phone app is quite good, if they tweaked it and integrated it into a phone they could offer a great package so that you only have one number

• Registered Users Posts: 23,265 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Apt username btw

Call the help desk and ask them can you join the trial

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I'm a BB and phone customer, no TV package from them, and I haven't received the email from them either, this was forwarded on to me from someone who has. On the sign up page it's asks for your account number so I'm guessing they know which accounts holders have been selected for this deal.

Can you stick up a link to this?
    Will chance my arm putting in my account number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

What part of exclusive offer and will not available to the general public do you not understand?

What part of exclusive offer and will not available to the general public do you not understand?

I'm not the general public - I'm an existing customer wishing to join the exclusive offer

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

ted1 wrote: »
    ...The UPC phone app is quite good, if they tweaked it and integrated it into a phone they could offer a great package so that you only have one number

It's excellent, I was able to use it to pick up home phone calls when using data in the US this Summer...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

30GB is very good but I wonder if and how much the 3 network data might be throttled to. I remember before i couldnt live stream on their 3G so switched network.
    Currently whats the approx speedtest for the 3 network?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

It really differs. I'm on Three, and using 4G I can get anywhere from 5-10Mbps download (and similar upload speeds), but sometimes can get far more.
    The 3G networks differs also, and I don't get the same speeds as the 4G network, obviously.

However, I've been trying iD Mobile on the Three network as a trial user and I've been getting 14Mbps download on the 3G network of the aforementioned.

Three speeds differ and they seem to allocate space accordingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

califano wrote: »
    30GB is very good but I wonder if and how much the 3 network data might be throttled to. I remember before i couldnt live stream on their 3G so switched network.
    Currently whats the approx speedtest for the 3 network?

Put it this way, its a Frankenstein network. It can go anywhere on the scale from excellent to WTF.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

Unlike other phone companies, UPC will continue their practice of upping their prices annually

I had a similar thought when I read the part about the price changing next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

1GB of data is a pitiful amount.

33MB a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 64,774 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Depends on what you do with your phone. I'm on wifi most of the time and 1GB of data is sufficient for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Sono

And by that stage a new offer will be around no doubt, you cannot compare tescomobile deal to UPC's cos they are not the same, not even close, data is more important to customers these days than texts or minutes IMO

Advertisement