Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Ledger wrote: »
    This I hate, don't start generalising and putting us all in together. I'm a student, I was out last night with my mates. We did not get sh1tfaced, we did not start any fights and we did not jump out in front of cars!

Rant over!

Really? What about the student who jumped up between the cab and trailer of a lorry a few years back? And didnt he fall off?
    I cant remember was it Christmas Day or Rag Week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

O Riain wrote: »
    Oh I know and I dont doubt that they're horsin the drink into them once they get into the club, but how drunk are they going into the club?
    In Australia if there is a person severily drunk in a bar when the cops walk in, and they use to a lot, the bouncer would be asked why this person is in here, the bar staff would be asked why are they in such a state and there would be serious repurcussions. I had to do an RSA(responsible service of alcohol) in order to work in a bar over there, that was the law and it also made me accountable. If we were serious on tackling the drink problem here we would have something similar. This would mean there would be €2 drink there for people to enjoy them and not just a way of getting out of their mind. Anyway what im saying is that I think young people drink more before going out now and what should be done is make it clear at the door of every pub and club is that if you drink too much at home then you quiet simply will not be going in.

Im in Oz at the minute, isnt it illegal to be drunk in a bar here?
    Something like that like should be brought in to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

STIG83 wrote: »

Really? What about the student who jumped up between the cab and trailer of a lorry a few years back? And didnt he fall off?

That was little Christmas alright, happened outside the Bowery, Lost his leg afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

And I think in the main, when we say "bloody students" we're referring to first years with a dash of 2nd years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Nypd wrote: »
    That was little Christmas alright, happened outside the Bowery, Lost his leg afaik.

He did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Nypd wrote: »
    Oh yeah! I remember that. I didn't realise he lost the leg though. :eek:

Speaking of which, is there any update on anything going into the Bowery?

Oh yeah! I remember that. I didn't realise he lost the leg though. :eek:

Speaking of which, is there any update on anything going into the Bowery?

Come on...there's venues in this town that will be closing soon. Do you really think someone would be stupid enough to open another venue a half a mile away from everybody else?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Come on...there's venues in this town that will be closing soon. Do you really think someone would be stupid enough to open another venue a half a mile away from everybody else?!
    Just curious really.

There was talk of it being used as a museum for the whole Viking Triangle thing, but that was around the time when they were also talking about having a viking pedestrian foot bridge from the tower to ferrybank. They ran out of money/lost interest.

The bowery is a fine big building and it would be a great location for one of those super restaurants like a TFI fridays or something like that. Waterford people are mad for those big names over the local ones. Just look at how busy mcdonalds and eddie rockets are every day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭letsbet

Im in Oz at the minute, isnt it illegal to be drunk in a bar here?
    Something like that like should be brought in to Ireland.

It already is the law in Ireland. It's just not enforced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Yes really. It should be obvious from my post that when I say we, I was talking about me and my mates. We are second and third years, and I really couldn't be arsed with the rowdy first year method of going out. I don't enjoy it now, or when I was a first year.:mad:

I don't mean to come across as a dry arse btw.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Every bin after been emptied and thrown onto the main road by drunk dicks, going to be a few taxi men with punctures. Had to go out and pick mine of the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭gobo99

deisedave wrote: »
    Every bin after been emptied and thrown onto the main road by drunk dicks, going to be a few taxi men with punctures. Had to go out and pick mine of the ground

feckin students!!!

oh wait....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I dropped into The Loft on Friday night. Not sure whether it's a case of setup for the night but the sound quality was pretty awful. I'd heard that it was supposed to be some new state of the art system or am I mixing it up with somewhere else? Worst I've heard in ages.

gobo99 wrote: »
    feckin students!!!

oh wait....:confused:

Yeah one Saturday night compared to every single Wednesday night without fail and who says these were not students I saw them and they were young.

Ah sure no point me complaining I rent here I will move soon when money becomes a little better, poor families that bought here and old people are pretty much stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

old gregg wrote: »
    I dropped into The Loft on Friday night. Not sure whether it's a case of setup for the night but the sound quality was pretty awful. I'd heard that it was supposed to be some new state of the art system or am I mixing it up with somewhere else? Worst I've heard in ages.

You're right sound was awful.. due to a problem with the mixer half way through the night.. Sound was perfect before that happened..

savic04 wrote: »
    You're right sound was awful.. due to a problem with the mixer half way through the night.. Sound was perfect before that happened..

OK that makes sense. I couldn't understand how come bass frequencies were completely absent and overall volume levels were way too low. The conspiracy theorist in me wondered whether the sound was set up to keep people away from the dance floor and standing at the bar :p

ha ha... you're worse than me for readin too much into things..

nice set up in there I must say..
    Sound has been unreal in there, but week before and last friday there has been problems with mixing desk (2 seperate ones tho)

deisedave wrote: »
    Yeah one Saturday night compared to every single Wednesday night without fail and who says these were not students I saw them and they were young.

Ah sure no point me complaining I rent here I will move soon when money becomes a little better, poor families that bought here and old people are pretty much stuck.

I agree that student night are a hell of a lot worse, but my argument is that not all of us go out to cause havoc.

But yes, I agree, FECKIN' STUDENTS!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Spadzy

savic04 wrote: »

It must have been early as i was in there for the night and it was ****e all night! Music was ok though..................

• Advertisement

not sure.. Soundsystem in there is top notch.. was in there a few weeks ago and was one of the best around..... Only differance was the mixer, and for some reason it went off a few times.. would have took too long to change around once music started.

yeah, was good night up there, like the new look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 JamesOHalloran

With all the "****in' Student" comments i think i might speak up a bit.
    I'm a student in the WIT, i have mates in Templars, Manor and Railway Square.
    Yeah we know there's a few "badlads" hangin' about and causing all sorts of trouble, but at the same time, those of ye who were in college, or were young once, what did ye do on a session night? Sit at home and watch the telly, or play monopoly? Nah, ye went out as well!!
    I'm not supporting that antics, of the lads in Templars hall, nor the mad destruction of property and vandalism, or disturbance of the peace, if anything im against it completely.
    I'm just sick of people assuming that all students are up to no good, and just in it for the drinkin'
    I was walking into town a few weeks ago with a mate between classes, from College street, and passing by Manor street just at the bottom of Bunkers, two elderly ladies stopped mid conversation, one looked at us and said "all these students are complete alcoholics" as if she was saying it to her mate so we could hear it.
    Now me and my mate havn't done any disruption, vandalism or anything like that, and fair enough if its happened to her, but why take it out on people shes never met before, and people who've never done it before?
    As a student i am offended, and as a person I am well offended too. I am not defending the acts of vandalism let me stress that again, i am simply asking people not to generalise students, just because a few of the bad bunch gave us a bad name.

I'm well sick of the student debate seeping into what is at best is a passable thread about Waterford's nightlife. Between the 'who's selling the cheapest drink' conversation and the students either wrecking or not wrecking our buzz debate depending on which day of the week it is, I'd like to ask for a recess your honour.
    :p

old gregg wrote: »
    I'm well sick of the student debate seeping into what is at best is a passable thread about Waterford's nightlife. Between the 'who's selling the cheapest drink' conversation and the students either wrecking or not wrecking our buzz debate depending on which day of the week it is, I'd like to ask for a recess your honour.
    :p

You're right. Back to the topic at hand. What is on for Stephen's Night around town?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ledger wrote: »
    You're right. Back to the topic at hand. What is on for Stephen's Night around town?

Students giving everyone grief. :mad:

I kid, I kid. :)

Sully wrote: »
    Students giving everyone grief. :mad:

I kid, I kid. :)

Sad thing is, that will happen too. A lot. :o

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Been along time since people blamed the polish or Travelers for any trouble around town, maybe we should start a thread on that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sonyvision

i agree now you mention it, been a while since i heard them polish/travellers are moving in next door, its more like them students 6 houses down :P

Any way, were will people be Stephens night and why ??

Ill pop into crystal it has to be open dont it :rolleyes:

sonyvision wrote: »
    i agree now you mention it, been a while since i heard them polish/travellers are moving in next door, its more like them students 6 houses down :P

Any way, were will people be Stephens night and why ??

Ill pop into crystal it has to be open dont it :rolleyes:

I have foreigners living next door and they are no trouble at all, they work alot so they are grand to live next door too.

• Advertisement

The Three Shippes is now being run by the bank.

I'd advice people to boycott the place tbh.

Advertisement