Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2014 News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Gutted for Aleix, had been so steady for 4 sessions, looking forward to tomorrow !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Infoanon wrote: »
    Gutted for Aleix, had been so steady for 4 sessions, looking forward to tomorrow !

I wonder did the pressure get to him a little. Feel sorry for the guy.

The Movistar Yamaha garage aren't looking too happy.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,090 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Interesting start to the season and a bit confusing.

Really didn't expect to see Rossi so far back. He won't be ending his career on a high by the looks of it...

Interesting start to the season and a bit confusing.

Really didn't expect to see Rossi so far back. He won't be ending his career on a high by the looks of it...
    I don't think anybody did including him.

h3000 wrote: »
    I don't think anybody did including him.

Rossi in interviews was notto downbeat pointing out that a lot of riders are within tenths of each other - race will be fascinating - think Dani might have something in reserve....

• Advertisement

Rossi in interviews was notto downbeat pointing out that a lot of riders are within tenths of each other - race will be fascinating - think Dani might have something in reserve....

He is always a good man to spin the positives though :). They should a clip of him looking at the timing screens at one stage and shaking his head in dismay. Saying that he is always better on race day than qualifying let's hope he can do better tomorrow than the 10 place on the grid might indicate.

I think Dani might be a good call alright. Marquez's injury could give him trouble on race distance.

I'm guessin that UPC viewers will be gettin the old "Programme not available in Ireland"......:(

Yes - program blocked on UPC according to their TV guide , unfortunately UPC block all sports programmes even when there is no rights issue , obviously no issue for satellite viewers.

I love Moto3 :D

I love Moto3 :D

What a race !

Btw anyone clear on the once again revised open class rules and do they apply to Ducati snd Suzuki only ??

What a race !

Btw anyone clear on the once again revised open class rules and do they apply to Ducati snd Suzuki only ??

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2014/Grand+Prix+Commission+decision+on+updated+regulations
    1. The Championship ECU and software will be mandatory for all entries with effect from 2016.

All current and prospective participants in the MotoGP class will collaborate to assist with the design and development of the Championship ECU software.

During the development of the software a closed user web site will be set up to enable participants to monitor software development and to input their suggested modifications.

2. With immediate effect, a Manufacturer with entries under the factory option who has not achieved a win in dry conditions in the previous year, or new Manufacturer entering the Championship, is entitled to use 12 engines per rider per season (no design freezing), 24 litres of fuel and the same tyres allocation and testing opportunities as the Open category. This concession is valid until the start of the 2016 season.

3. The above concessions will be reduced under the following circumstances:

Should any rider, or combination of riders nominated by the same Manufacturer, participating under the conditions of described in clause 2 above, achieve a race win, two second places or three podium places in dry conditions during the 2014 season then for that Manufacturer the fuel tank capacity will be reduced to 22 litres. Furthermore, should the same Manufacturer achieve three race wins in the 2014 season the manufacturer would also lose the right to use the soft tyres available to Open category entries.

In each case the reduced concessions will apply to the remaining events of the 2014 season and the whole of the 2015 season.

As far as I know point 2 is what is applying to the Dukes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Is MotoGP on RTE this season?

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Is MotoGP on RTE this season?

Nope. BT Sport is your only option to watch it live. ITV4 have highlights during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Nope. BT Sport is your only option to watch it live. ITV4 have highlights during the week.

Pity. I'm not a huge bike fan but it had better racing than F1 even if Marquez was quickly becoming MotoGP's Sebastian Vettel.

Oh my :eek:

Most exciting MotoGP race in a very long time so far.

Christ my heart is pounding.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Wow Rossi has a girlfriend :p

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

my heart has finally slowed down a bit, that was awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Looked like Rossi's bike leaned out a lot in the last few laps. Prior to that he was right with Marquez, then all of a sudden he lost 3-4 bike lengths in the last few corners. Fuel management kicked in and cost him the chance of a win.
    Also curious about Crutchlow just making it across the line, he said technical issue and seemed very prickly at Hodgson's assumption that it was fuel.

I could quote Rossi , Fu..,

Best race in a while ! The medium tyres were well worn compared to Marquez hard tyre.

So the factories dominate, where Honda and Yamaha sandbagging until the 'Open/Factory 2' rules were confirmed ?

• Advertisement

Looks like Nakagami has been disqualified for an illegal air filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Stevo105

Great weekend of racing. Disappointed with the Video pass. it stopped working even in the nospoiler area and live feed of Moto3 plus Motogp FP4. My guess is that can't take the amount of user looking to use the system since people are forced to use it this year in the Uk and Ireland.

Cal said after 5 laps his bike did know where it was on the trace. so on a straight traction control was on and he had full power at corners... sounds scary

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Fantastic race from Rossi! 10th to 2nd! I hope he's this competitive all season. Poor Smith, I felt sorry for him after having such a promising weekend.

Anyone else think races might be a little too short? Is there room for another 6-10 laps?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

Scotty # wrote: »
    Fantastic race from Rossi! 10th to 2nd! I hope he's this competitive all season. Poor Smith, I felt sorry for him after having such a promising weekend.

Anyone else think races might be a little too short? Is there room for another 6-10 laps?

There is and it's called endurance racing :)

With out any sarcasm now, what we had yesterday is a clear example of flat out racing, one set of tyres and one tank giving it all until the rider or the bike collapse or god forbid fall. I really don't think MotoGp or any Moto or Superbike racing need pitstops, massive tanks which would change the characteristics of the bike or any other gimmicks like F1 and their double points races to spice things up.

Sure we would have all liked more of what we saw yesterday but having seen many races over the years where riders get off a bike at the end of a race completely exhausted from giving it their all for 45 minutes I'm more than happy with the length of the races. Honestly I might have had heart failure if it had gone on much longer yesterday.

For me the overriding message from the whole weekend is the closeness of the racing and qualifying it bodes well for a good year me thinks.

Stevo105 wrote: »
    Great weekend of racing. Disappointed with the Video pass. it stopped working even in the nospoiler area and live feed of Moto3 plus Motogp FP4. My guess is that can't take the amount of user looking to use the system since people are forced to use it this year in the Uk and Ireland.

Cal said after 5 laps his bike did know where it was on the trace. so on a straight traction control was on and he had full power at corners... sounds scary
    Not the first time Ducati had this problem.
    Nicky Hayden had this exact problem at Mugello.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Not the first time Ducati had this problem.
    Nicky Hayden had this exact problem at Mugello.

Did anyone notice Cal through the visor when Hodgson tried to talk to him, apart from the sour/angry face, the sweat was pouring off him from panic I'd say trying to ride a donkey like that. No wonder he parked it immediately after he crossed the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Stevo105

I emailed MotoGP.com about the outage on the 22nd during PF4. this is what i got back. i cant believe they aren't going to acknowledge it was unavailable on the 22nd
    We recommend you select the resolution manually in the video player instead of staying in autoquality.

Select HD and if the video freezes, try a lower res.

We suggest you close other applications and programs in your system whilst viewing a video, such as p2p programs, Outlook or other automatic downloading mail. And make sure that no other PC is connected on the same connection.
    Please check that you do not have any firewall, anti-popup software or router security that might cause blocks on the video or any program that might be using bandwidth.

Please also make sure that your line is not being relied on by any third parties and that there is no interference being caused by any device on your connection.

Kind Regards,

--
    Customer Support
    support@motogp.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭exercise is the antidote

What night and time are the highlights on?

What night and time are the highlights on?
    Tonight 8-9pm ITV4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Stevo105 wrote: »
    I emailed MotoGP.com about the outage on the 22nd during PF4. this is what i got back. i cant believe they aren't going to acknowledge it was unavailable on the 22nd

That's just a bog-standard email and in fairness the vast majority of the complaints they'd get would probably be due to the user's PC / broadband.

The problem on Saturday was with secure.motogp.com not responding, not the servers that actually play out the video but the ones that authenticate you. Sounds like a genuine tech issue not just demand. Highest demand would be during the race anyway and there were no problems then.

Anyway, it's a subscription service and they know exactly from the number of subscribers what demand they need to be able to cater for. It seems to use Amazon's cloud so it should be easy enough for them to scale it up as required.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Advertisement