Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

It was saying steam last night it should be available around six this evening. I have it pre-downloaded, will i have to download any more when it goes live?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Saw one reviewer sum it up with "One region. One character. One-button combat."
    Add that to the AC comparisons which is a series with shockingly easy and boring combat im not sure about this.
    Shame really as the whole theme and backdrop is appealing but i would have hoped for combat closer to something like the witcher.
    I havent played it so i cant really say for sure, im a firm believer in playing a game for myself before passing judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Long video with a good amount of gameplay footage. It looks like a lot of fun but really could be any generic fantasy setting, I don't think they did much with the IP other than the skins of the orcs and the name of the region.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Just played 45 mins before going to bed.

Screw reviews. If you want to play it just get it. I've enjoyed the start so far. It's good fun. Never played an AC game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

irishmover wrote: »
    Screw reviews. If you want to play it just get it.

Because most of us have been badly burned a few times by this stage by hype and this game isn't some dirt cheap indie title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

nesf wrote: »
    Because most of us have been badly burned a few times by this stage by hype and this game isn't some dirt cheap indie title.

To be fair this game was in the shadow(excuse the pun) compared to other games this year. The hype only came after great reviews
    Will pick it up friday for the weekend 44e on the indian store :)

@M1ck i remember reading somewere the x1 version is 900p 30fps i think or 60fps dont recall the ps4s one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    To be fair this game was in the shadow(excuse the pun) compared to other games this year. The hype only came after great reviews
    Will pick it up friday for the weekend 44e on the indian store :)

@M1ck i remember reading somewere the x1 version is 900p 30fps i think or 60fps dont recall the ps4s one

The hype for Destiny would overshadow anything though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

What a brutal intro!

Enjoying it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I like the look of this..... might just try hold out for a GOTY edition though as 12 hours is just a bit on the short side for me. Plus i'm not a huge AC fan (never played them) but i did love Arkham City

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

this is what breaks my heart over Console Vs PC gaming...

I want this on Xbox One rather than PC, it looks very much like a big TV/Couch kind of game, but €23 Vs €70 is a deal breaker for me!

HDMI into the TV and Xbox One controller it is so...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

is it hard to buy these games from the us psn store? do you have to setup a completely different user id for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Just completed this.
    I didn't really

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I bought a key for this, with a one hour delivery time. It's now been 5. Boo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

LanceStorm wrote: »
    this is what breaks my heart over Console Vs PC gaming...

I want this on Xbox One rather than PC, it looks very much like a big TV/Couch kind of game, but €23 Vs €70 is a deal breaker for me!

HDMI into the TV and Xbox One controller it is so...!
    €70 on the One? , it's around €43 from the US store

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

€70 on the One? , it's around €43 from the US store

That was basing it on Gamestop prices

I also honestly didn't know you could purchase from the US store, is it just a matter of changing the consoles location?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

LanceStorm wrote: »
    That was basing it on Gamestop prices

I also honestly didn't know you could purchase from the US store, is it just a matter of changing the consoles location?

Just make a separate account and have your country as usa and your good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭jones

Is that all thats to it? wow i thought there was more invovled

Going to do that tonight so. I presume there's no restriction using it on the irish account then? For trophys etc?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

jones wrote: »

Going to do that tonight so. I presume there's no restriction using it on the irish account then? For trophys etc?

No because you can play the game on your irish account, Just buy U.S Psn credit from amazon.com and your good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,880 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Dont try any similar tricks with Steam or you could find yourself banned from your whole library...

Cheers mate thats brilliant i really thought there was a lot more to it hence the reason i havent been buying any games from US store. Plus i thought all my trophies would be split between 2 accounts.

Is there any danger sony will block out multiple accounts on the one console in the future? Like for games bought from the store?

Going to do this tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

You must enter a us address and post code, just switch your region to Us and enter an American address.
    Go to the Titanfall thread and have a search for New Hampshire, there's a few post explaining what you do. Literally takes a few minutes

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Looking forward to getting stuck into this. Finished WH40K: Space Marine recently, and look forward to another 3rd person action game. Plus, LOTR settings are always fun (except most games when they aren't).
    Thargor wrote: »
    Dont try any similar tricks with Steam or you could find yourself banned from your whole library...
    Thankfully it's never really needed, as games are so bloody cheap from most key sites these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,315 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Have my key so will install tonight, why didn't they release it on a Friday?

You have to set up a US billing address.

Works fine when you change you're region back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Skerries wrote: »
    Have my key so will install tonight, why didn't they release it on a Friday?

They decided on a worldwide release on PC, which makes sense for PC games since they're digitally distributed. The Friday release thing in Ireland and the UK is more to do with retailers traditions than anything else afaik

You have to set up a US billing address.

Works fine when you change you're region back

Do you have to change your region back again after? Do you not create a new profile? Sorry noobie here regarding buying from US store ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

This game took an absolute hammering by Destructoid.

I find them pretty decent with reviews and I'll be steering clear of the game, after wanting to buy it.

Let us know what it's like guys.

This game took an absolute hammering by Destructoid.

I find them pretty decent with reviews and I'll be steering clear of the game, after wanting to buy it.

Let us know what it's like guys.

Think of it this way. 10 people review the game, one finds it average. Theirs a 9 out of 10 chance you'd like it haha its sp only so price will drop soon enough anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Think of it this way. 10 people review the game, one finds it average. Theirs a 9 out of 10 chance you'd like it haha its sp only so price will drop soon enough anyway

Oh I understand, I've just found their reviews to have been spot on for me almost every time and that's why I continue to go by them! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Oh I understand, I've just found their reviews to have been spot on for me almost every time and that's why I continue to go by them! :P

What are you looking for from a third person actioner?

Advertisement