Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options
  • 15-02-2013 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

aZ2XXuD.jpg

The new game will be called Destiny, and after a long wait, it will finally be revealed on 17th February (this Sunday) !

Consider this thread a call to arms. Bungie are currently hosting an alternate reality game in conjunction with their reveal. While the reveal will still take place, regardless of whether the ARG is solved or not, the community has been promised exclusive media content upon completion.

How do you contribute to the war effort ?

Basically, we need more people to help solve the ARG, as Bungie has put a very clever system in place in which a lot of hits on the ARG's page are required before we can decipher the maps.

Everything you need to know is in this video.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Do they even know how to do games that aren't Halo at this stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Sarky wrote: »
    Do they even know how to do games that aren't Halo at this stage?

I bet it's some kind of Halo spinoff / alternate universe or something :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

some concept art was leaked, shown here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

So Bungies new IP is a future-fps and involves a pronounced geometric shape.

They drift away from their comfort zone a great deal here.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

Meh, stick to what you're good at i guess!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Unisaur 64

calex71 wrote: »
    I bet it's some kind of Halo spinoff / alternate universe or something :D

It's not a spin-off, it's going to be a completely new universe.

Yeah, it's clearly a Halo clone because it's an FPS set in the future (!)
    At least reserve judgement until after the reveal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'd still almost expect Master Chief to somehow show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Gi joe! wrote: »
    Meh, stick to what you're good at i guess!

>implying Halo was good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

>implying Halo was good

You're right.
    It wasn't good.

It was fantastic.

Nice catch, we might have missed that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'm a big Bungie fan, used to love Oni on the PS back in the day, of course I loved Halo from the first time I played it - right up until Reach when they handed over the reigns to 343....

I am like a child at Christmas waiting for 6PM, I've been imagining this game about 3 years now in my brain... :-)

I just hope it won't be a disappointment, I somehow have a feeling they will do the business with this though and I'm optimistic of the future, even more optimistic the fact that its a multiplatform title, PS owners won't be in the cold again!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Never fell for the Halo hype train like some people but Halo Reach was fantastic even if the story was utter crap so if Bungie can keep up that level of quality I'll be looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I note that it looks like they're hiring for PS3.

Multi-platform or exclusive, this news will sadly bring out the rabid 360 horde :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I note that it looks like they're hiring for PS3.

Multi-platform or exclusive, this news will sadly bring out the rabid 360 horde :(

Its multiplatform. Bungie are in bed with activision now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

GTR63 wrote: »
    Its multiplatform. Bungie are in bed with activision now.
    From documents that were featured in the IW legal proceedings it appears to be a timed 360 exclusive at least. I guess we'll find out for sure at 6pm.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

As an independent they'd be crazy not to go multiplatform. I'm pretty sure activision would be pushing that way as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    As an independent they'd be crazy not to go multiplatform. I'm pretty sure activision would be pushing that way as well.

If it'd sell Acti would ask for a Game Boy port. I can't see them skipping PS3 either it just makes no sense to tbh.

Those nerds over on Neogaf have finally unlocked the concept art through the alpha bungie Destiny page..... - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513847

Look at the concept art pics :

http://imgur.com/a/mCljT

34028825.jpg

Oh, dunno how I forgot but PAUL Mc CARTNEY and Marty are doing the soundtrack, expect awesomeness as usual....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

^^^ sites seem to be down, what time is it getting announced at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

^^^ sites seem to be down, what time is it getting announced at?

It's not, the link has just gone a bit mad in that post above.

Try this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513574

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513847

well that looks interesting, whats happening today? a trailer or just telling us some game features?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Unisaur 64

well that looks interesting, whats happening today? a trailer or just telling us some game features?

It's definitely something more than just simple game features. It could be one of their Bungie-brand ViDocs or a CG trailer teasing us.

Just thought you might like to know, that the ARG was solved in time, the reward was this.

Bungie is also revealing Destiny at 5:30-6:00 today, so I'm told...
    Thanks to anyone who helped, B.net sends hugs.

It will definitely be a ViDoc I would say, typical Bungie style, how much of the game we will see is another thing, they may save that for E3.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Going to watch it on Ign , looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Console only! Bleh, well that's scratched off my list

KilOit wrote: »
    Console only! Bleh, well that's scratched off my list

you'd think considering its and activision game theyd have it on everything, i wont buy it on 360 or ps3 as i cant play those systems anymore, this future systems has me interested though, im actually annoyed that its coming out on 360/ps3 as they will have to have scaled everything back :(

but its pretty much a fps mmo yeah? hopefully it has a good story,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Can anyone say generic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Story wise it sounds very generic alright but we know very little about the game after the 'reveal'. I want to know how big it is, is there rpg elements, upgrading, types of missions, character classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

you'd think considering its and activision game theyd have it on everything, i wont buy it on 360 or ps3 as i cant play those systems anymore, this future systems has me interested though, im actually annoyed that its coming out on 360/ps3 as they will have to have scaled everything back :(

but its pretty much a fps mmo yeah? hopefully it has a good story,

I'd imagine this is one of the games designed to entice people to buy next gen.
    They're thinking long term with this game so i'd say it'll scale very well with ps4 and xbox720

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I wonder what they'll in to game profiles and such, if someone start the game on MS/Sony's current system and then went on to play it on the next gen will progress (whatever that may be carry over).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭wayne040576

It just looks like global agenda. ???

https://account.hirezstudios.com/GlobalAgendagame/

Maybe a little more polished.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement