Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

souwester deck water filler

• 15-01-2015 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Would anyone have, or know where I can get a water filler made by souwester (now out of business).The one I have is seized and I want to match the original so I don't have to make any more holes in my boat. I have had an add on adverts looking for same without any response so maybe I'll have more success here. Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Can you send me a pm with a photo of the one you are looking. Ok got it :)

NWQxNWYyNWY0ODJlNTMyYjUxOTU2YzU3MzAwMWM1NGPG7npYWlQn8OtzLqpBUc5JaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vMTlhYzQ0NTlkYjY1ZDliZDg0OWYzNjIzOTdiOTE4YWM1NTRjNGJhMTM3YzQ4YTFhMWNjNjUwMjhlYWVkMjEwNC5qcGd8fDUyNXx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Ok all I could find that should work is an RWB 129 it might even be the same make as yours http://www.marinedirect.com.au/catalogue/c3892/p670233 or if you are stuck you can remove your one and drop it out to me for a few days and I'll have a go at opening it.

126.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

Gordon, drop it to Fergal...he like a good challenge !!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭gordon029

Thank you all for your responses.Firstly the austrailian idea (and I appreciate the trouble you went to to find it Fergal) would work out too expensive as there appears to be a minimum order and the cost of postage etc.The second idea of trying to open it , I like a good challenge myself and gave this my best shot with the aid of various lubricants over time and heat but none of them worked. I finally had a go with a blunt chisel and the item now is truly banjaxed. They were a common fit on uk boats for a while and I recently saw the same type on a 1970's moody so if I can just find a boat breakers I could be in luck.

It wouldn't be too hard a job to put a bit of gelcoat filler in the old holes and just fit a new one or even if you can get the old cap out by cutting into it I'd say one of the new caps will have the same tread.

• Advertisement

Check this out http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?225874-Water-filler-cap you might be able to get your local marine shop to order one from Unipart.

Advertisement