Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hg658c

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Dermot McDonnell

yuloni wrote: »

You are probably right, the versions must be close if not identical. All the original menu options are available on the O2 firmware, the Vodafone is locked to work only with Vodafone and with some of the manufacturers features/options have been removed.

I see no indications of anyone succeeding in unlocking the HG658c, or indeed of any sign of later firmwares appearing anywhere on the net.

Never had a working D1000. Make sure you identify the product number correctly, otherwise you will likely end up with a brick. If you get serial access to CFE, the ATSH command should work. On the Eircom F1000, the ATSH command identifies the F1000 Product Number as DSL-2492GNU-B1B. That is then used to generate the Password Seed via this command:

ATSE DSL-2492GNU-B1B

With the correct argument, the ATSE Command will return the seed as a hex string like this:

00012F9FB7E0

Pop that into www.tonycool.es/zyxel/zynpass_en.htm for the unlock code, another hex string. That string should unlock the CFE via:

ATEN 1, 10F0A7BD (NB - there must be a SPACE after the COMMA on the F1000)

I suggest you search the OpenWRT forums to see if all this has already been done rather than reinvent this particular wheel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 vanwinkle

Would any kind person on here be able to find it in their heart to share the unlocked o2 firmware please?

As three have now (very helpfully) decided to forward all o2.ie addresses to their home page, I am unable to download it from the link provided :(

I have 3 x HG658c's received from O2 and due to be installed tomorrow when they are scheduled to do the physical line upgrade to vdsl. The problem for me is I need to be able to route 4 x /24 subnets to a router upstream of each of the 3 routers, unfortunately the standard firmware will only allow me to route individual ip's ! The stupid routing section of the web i/f will not take an address with a fourth octet of 0 and the subnet box will only take 255.255.255.255 :(

I didn't even try this until today as I assumed this basic functionality would be available! I will have to delay the physical upgrade and go back in the Queue if I can't get a solution before tomorrow lunch time :(

Thank you for the link @yuloni, I flashed the firmware, unfortunately it looks like I already had the unlocked version. To be fair it was branded Huawei with no mention of O2, I just thought as it couldn't route anything other than a single /32 IP it must be the locked version.

Well I guess we'll be staying with our DSL connections for a while longer until I get an alternative modem than works with O2 and allows subnets to be statically routed :(

Thanks again for your help, really appreciate the extremely prompt reply.

• Advertisement

Thanks again @yuloni for your help. In the end I went with a multi port router and put the 3 x HG658c's in bridge mode.

HG658c TraceRoute exploit.

This applies to the HG658c, using the O2 firmware. It does not work with the Vodafone firmware!!!

The TraceRoute Test destination address, available under Maintenance - Diagnose, can be exploited, eg `telnetd -p 24 -l /bin/sh`, will enable telnet to the device on port 24:

telnet 192.168.1.1 24

Unfortunately, default user names and passwords will not permit a telnet login. However, as this exploit is not limited to starting the telnet daemon, other methods are likely to succeed in obtaining root.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Has anyone still got a copy of the o2 firmware? It's no longer available on the site since the merger with three,

thanks

Kevin! wrote: »
    Has anyone still got a copy of the o2 firmware? It's no longer available on the site since the merger with three,

thanks

Kevin, I will post a link when I get home.
    ... `telnetd -p 24 -l /bin/sh`...

Note that ` is a back quote NOT an apostrophe or single quote. You can login with

Username: !!Huawei
    Password: @HuaweiHgw

But I have not yet managed to get busybox access.

Thanks for the links lads, jumped the gun last night and installed the o2 firmware without making note of the Vodafone login details - so updated it back to the Vodafone firmware and reset it back to default settings.

It's now displaying the login info, but I'm unable to load any websites - any ideas?
    2saz5p0.png

2dugm61.png

For all tests I'm getting a result of 'fail', quite unusual considering all has been set back to default

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply,

I've checked the serial number and they both match, just tried a hard reset and no luck unfortunately. Will try flashing the Vodafone software again tomorrow and if I've no luck I'll have to contact them and explain that my router mysteriously stopped working

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

On ADSL the username is serial@vodafone.ie

I've tried changing the login details to serial@vodafone.ie broadband@vodafone.ie and vodafone@vodafone.ie with password broadband1 - it establishes a connection with all logins but I just can't load any webpages - very unusual all together.

Is the username/pw same for vdsl? I presume it wouldn't connect if it wasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

Nearly sure the username for vdsl is the one yuloni posted in step 1 above. The one with fttc in it.

Howto get root access to the HG658c via telnet.

Your HG658c needs the O2 firmware linked above. Upload the attached config file, telnet will be available on port 23.

telnet 192.168.1.1 23

Username: !!Huawei
    Password: @HuaweiHgw

type shell to get the busybox shell.

Modify the Config to suit yourself, remember to save it!!

Boards does not allow .conf files as attachments. You can get it here.

Uploading it to your HG658c permits root access via telnet. Your existing configuration will be overwritten, so save it first.

solved

• Advertisement

Advertisement