Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I know this is for COD, but Battlefield 3, sweet freaking jesus what a jawdropping looking game

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    I dont know why people cant like both, Im getting them both, I like them both I just prefer cod, its not that hard to like two things :pac:

Me too, I missed the boat with BFBC2 so will get Battlefield 3 instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Wll defo get both but I am a little less excited for BF3 after seeing the quality of MW3 now, I think that'll just get more so as we have only seen BF3 run on pc so far :o

Will still get it, I think the two are so different they can gladly serve as a break from one another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

i'd be more excited for bf3 if i had a proper gaming pc. :(

I really, really, really hope that xm25 grenade launcher is SP only, that would ruin multiplayer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

krudler wrote: »
    I know this is for COD, but Battlefield 3, sweet freaking jesus what a jawdropping looking game

Yeah but thats for pc with the best graphics cards etc and its single player. PS3 online gameplay wont look half as good.

The stock exchange itself looks savage, its the details in the buildings during the aerial fight I couldnt get over, really impressive

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Haha the 9 bangs will scare the **** out of campers :D

Kinda hope the explosive sniper isn't in MP unless the clip size is tiny.

But all in all, looks and sounds great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

To me this is the better of the two trailers.

Also rookie using a wireless controller!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Anyone else feel that this looks more like MW2.5 than MW3? It looks basically like a remake of MW2 in terms of graphics, etc. I guess I'll be happy so long as they cut out all the crap from it and put in a few new guns, gamemodes etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Anyone else feel that this looks more like MW2.5 than MW3? It looks basically like a remake of MW2 in terms of graphics, etc. I guess I'll be happy so long as they cut out all the crap from it and put in a few new guns, gamemodes etc.

Single player doesnt interest me at all tbh it does just look like MW2.5 tho.

Magill wrote: »
    Single player doesnt interest me at all tbh it does just look like MW2.5 tho.

Same here, but if the SP looks the same, the MP will probably look the same too.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Was always going to be the case though, it's a touched up MW2 engine. So long as they support the game and don't make other guns completely redundant by one or two guns it'll be good.

___

On a different note, return of the full sprinting to drop shotting gimps will be in abundance I feel. Hopefully I'm wrong, there is nothing I'm really basing this off going by gameplay footage so far I know but I'm a tad worried. Treyarch got it spot on by introducing the dolphin dive.

Its just the natural progression of the story tbh, they couldnt have Russia invade America in MW2 then have a completely different story for the next one, MW2 is a continuation of what happens in MW1 as well sure, it all ties together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

I actually hope they get rid of the dolphin dive tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Yeah i cant see them taking back dolphin diving... sounds too much like hard work to code it :)

Shame tho because i ****ing hate drop shooting noobies.

Its just the natural progression of the story tbh, they couldnt have Russia invade America in MW2 then have a completely different story for the next one, MW2 is a continuation of what happens in MW1 as well sure, it all ties together

I actually meant in terms of graphics or the look of the guns, characters, etc. There's no step up like there was from cod4 to mw2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Mw3 looks good to me! As for dolphin diving . You can still drop shot by ADS first before hitting R3 or O . I'd be happy with a less BS MW2 tbh . They 'should' have learnt a alot from mw2 and Blops likewise . Not likely I'll have time for it though as it'll be a busy year for me. Just remember everyone , it is only the beginning of June ! A while to go yet . . :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I actually meant in terms of graphics or the look of the guns, characters, etc. There's no step up like there was from cod4 to mw2
    Its still the same engine they are using. They have only been using it since mw2. Game developers get years out it. Look at portal and portal 2. They look the exact same with a few touch ups or gta3/liberty/san all look the same graphic wise. Its still great looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Tbh I couldnt care less about the graphics, as long as the gameplay is up to scratch Ill be happy. COD hasnt been the best looking game around for years anyway and you cant expect Killzone or BF3 graphics as people forget MW3 will run at 60FPS on console, double the FPS of BF3.

Graphically I'd say the current generation of consoles are reaching their limits, the 360 moreso than the ps3. You can see the progression that's been made especially when you look at the Battlefield on the pc. Mass effect 2 was largely the same for all 3 but I reckon that they didn't push the limits with regard to ps3 and pc and the 360 was probably near on the limit. Graphics are still secondary to gameplay and they simply have to get a good balance.

Black Ops had at it's core, solid unspectacular gameplay, somethings were wrong with it but they were amended or minor gripes. MW2 had the better gameplay (IMO) but it had far more game breakers which over-shadowed all the good parts and these were never looked at. Once you took away noobtubes/oma and hackers there wasn't a lot wrong with it.

If you get the gameplay balance right you'll have a gem. Look at CounterStrike and it's success. It's incredibly hard to have a balanced game with so many various parts in COD; perks, killstreaks, equipment, deathstreaks, weapon and attachment combinations. Whether there is synergy with certain combinations of the above that give unplanned benefits takes serious testing. It takes far more rigourous testing to achieve that all important balance. For me, Halo lost it's appeal by adding stuff in.

I know that they'll go overboard and add in things to further complicate the balance of the game but I really hope that some of the additions are window dressing. A stripped down approach to certain aspects of multiplayer might not be everyone's cup of tea and get the fanboys moist with excitement but it could be what the game and the franchise needs in long term success.

iMuse wrote: »
    Tbh I couldnt care less about the graphics, as long as the gameplay is up to scratch Ill be happy. COD hasnt been the best looking game around for years anyway and you cant expect Killzone or BF3 graphics as people forget MW3 will run at 60FPS on console, double the FPS of BF3.

MW2 still holds its own with newer games to be fair, some parts of it look stunning, and theres not much difference between the SP and MP compared to Black Ops, that looks like two diferent games.

MW2 still holds its own with newer games to be fair, some parts of it look stunning, and theres not much difference between the SP and MP compared to Black Ops, that looks like two diferent games.

Completely agree, look at homefront. It's probably below COD2 graphically but it's less than a year old. It didn't have IW/Activision's financial clout to be fair to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Can we assume that Mw3 map packs may include some Mw2 maps as Mw2 used CoD4 maps?

I vote for Afghan / Terminal / Favela if they do :)

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Can we assume that Mw3 map packs may include some Mw2 maps as Mw2 used CoD4 maps?

I vote for Afghan / Terminal / Favela if they do :)

sh1t I didnt even think of that, just add Terminal, Afghan and Wasteland (I love it, get over it :pac: ) and i'd be happy, then more original maps, and every map pack should have 5 new ones , not 3 new and 2 from old games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

sh1t I didnt even think of that, just add Terminal, Afghan and Wasteland (I love it, get over it :pac: ) and i'd be happy, then more original maps, and every map pack should have 5 new ones , not 3 new and 2 from old games.

They should bring out a classic map pack with the best maps from cod4 and mw2. Id deffo buy that as long as it had more than 5 maps

Forgot about Wasteland, feel like I'm being greedy asking for 4 Mw2 maps :p

Definitely have 5 maps, 4 of which are new.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

Seriously like???? You already have those maps on another disc??????? and you want to pay for them again??? which means you'll pay for content that they didnt even have to build, they just sold it to you again??? i really dont understand this obsession with playing old maps, they might be fun but their not even re imagined, their just the same maps,same engine,same lighting??? why oh why

Maybe IW will do them by game so from COD4: Crash, Broadcast and Crossfire.

And Highrise, Subbase and Terminal from MW2.

And pigs might fly.

[Embedded Image Removed]

Seriously like???? You already have those maps on another disc??????? and you want to pay for them again??? which means you'll pay for content that they didnt even have to build, they just sold it to you again??? i really dont understand this obsession with playing old maps, they might be fun but their not even re imagined, their just the same maps,same engine,same lighting??? why oh why

Think of it as a best of, you may own all of a bands albums but there is this one acoustic version that you can only get from buying the best of. You know you're buying much the same thing as you already own yet you're such a fan you don't care.

• Advertisement

Well because they're probably going to re-release some Mw2 maps in Mw3 as they did for CoD4 maps in Mw2, so why not be hoping for the ones I most enjoyed?

if they put 5 new maps and one from MW2 in I'd have no problem with it, but being Activision are scumbags itll probably be a mix of old and new again, I dont like the idea of paying for maps but its a necessary evil if you want to be able to play with people you know on all the gametypes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

It would be **** if they did 3new 2old as the graphics look the same. Only difference would be guns and killstreaks. Can just play Mx2 instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

if they put 5 new maps and one from MW2 in I'd have no problem with it, but being Activision are scumbags itll probably be a mix of old and new again, I dont like the idea of paying for maps but its a necessary evil if you want to be able to play with people you know on all the gametypes

If you are using elite, you'll get them for free anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

If you are using paying for elite, you'll get them for free anyway...

there.. fixed it for you! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

CORaven wrote: »

I heard the Daily Mail is even trying to get the Daily Mail banned

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    get the map packs free?

they're included in Elite from whats been rumoured

"GAME FOR ADULTS NOT SUITABLE FOR KIDS!"

Ah the Mail, you make me chuckle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,126 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

In fairness to the Daily Mail, they are only trying to do this at the moment... it will pass.

Before you know it, they will be back to their full time occupation of inciting xenophobia..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah I can see it now,finish the game and say to myself "You know what I may as well invade France!"

"GAME FOR ADULTS NOT SUITABLE FOR KIDS!"

Ah the Mail, you make me chuckle

We already know the game is for adults, it says 18s on the box, if you don't want your kids exposed to this violence then why the fack do you buy it for them? Oh Mail, you 'ole trickster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Reminds me of that alan titchmarsh show bout MW2...

Dunno how people can be soo retarded..

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

Article about the new survival mode. Sounds pretty cool. Especially with suicide dogs

http://kotaku.com/5809650/hands-on-with-modern-warfare-3s-version-of-horde-mode

Sounds cool, Horde on Gears of War was fantastic when you were playing it with people who worked together. will be a nice break from online stuff on MW3 as well. kind of a pity its only 2 players though, 4 would have been cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

here is an interview for MW3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hqh1ms_cf8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I know its probably a bit lame to say, & as I don't play MW2 online often.

But I'm most looking forward to is the plot.
    Both MW2 & Black ops had great plots that were well acted.
    (I wonder if they have optioned the movie rights?)

I'm keen to see how the ruskies are still able to invade the US & somehow get
    the drop on Europe aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭BASHIR

COD4 ruled ,MW2 was ruined with the sh!tty quickscoping, boosters campin for the nuke, accumulative killstreaks sucks gimme 3 5 7 or 5 8 11 anyday. MW3 needs to get back to the core of the game, good guns and shooting. people were gettin too many kills with killstreaks and campin, maybe im jus pissed caused i loved COD4 gimme back the days of an epic game of search and destroy on pipeline or crash damn im goin playin mw1 again until this game comes out. and ya of course il buy it and probly bitch about it for a while but hey im a sucker for a shoot em up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I know its probably a bit lame to say, & as I don't play MW2 online often..

Not at all.
    I'm looking forward to the SP myself.
    Very little changes between MP modes throughout the series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Not at all.
    I'm looking forward to the SP myself.
    Very little changes between MP modes throughout the series.

Call me an old fart but I grew up loving games in a generation when MP was a side note, a nice additional feature for a game to have. For me single player is and always will be the mainstay of a game. MP may be used more in hours terms but the core of the purhase for me will be single player. Its how I remeber gaming and when I get a game with MP I ALWAYS play the single player first. To me games are a narrative to tell a story, an experience to play through and enjoy.... mp is a way to extend the life span of the franchise / purchase.

It just feels wrong if I buy a game and dont even touch the single player.
    I may have played the MP of M2 far longer than the single player but I bought it first and foremost for the single player.

Its not intelligent or inspired in nearly any way but there are two things to consider.... 1. You dont always want to watch a deep involving drama when you select a movie, and the same applies to me when playing games. 2. In contrast with the rest of video game story telling there are far less truely inspired storys in games VS "trashy" story telling than in movies so with that in light MWs stories havent been as bad as made out. Still quite poor compared to movies but when looked at and compared to other games its not that bad. (glaring plot holes and laughable device issues aide)

Advertisement