Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

9 years and not engaged

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Delighted to hear it Lily. Hope the three of you have a nice Christmas together. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Im in a slightly similar situation. Im with my partner 14 years and no engagement. To be fair, we met when we were young, i had no interest in marriage until the past year or so. We get on well, living together in his house for the past 8 years, go on big holidays every year, good social lives etc. We went away for a year travelling around the world recently, and he wasnt too keen on this, but did it for me as he knew i wanted to do it or would always regret it. and only recently i have been bringing up the topic of marriage and he did say he was reading about it online a year ago before we went travelling. But he does admit he has no interest in marriage and it doesnt change anything, and hates the thought of a big wedding, and the only reason he would want to do it would be for me, he would be happy not to get married. He does want kids though. But whenever i bring it up, we end up having huge arguments about it, as im getting very impatient now and kinda want to know when its going to happen, but as we are just back and are both broke at the moment he says he cant afford a ring now, but hes just not pushed about the whole thing anyway and would only do it to keep me happy. Is it right to marry someone who is only doing it to keep you happy? And wait for god knows how long until he can afford a ring? I envy people who are just surprised by when it happens them, i feel like i almost have to ask for it, is that right? And now every time i bring it up we end up having a fight.
    Thanks for any insight or anyone who has been in similar situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lillylouxx

sorry im not very good at explaining things. the text was what started the conversation but we spoke when i finished work and im very happy with the outcome.
    I thank you all for your help and i hope you all have a fantastic Christmas
    xxx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

lillylouxx wrote: »
    sorry im not very good at explaining things. the text was what started the conversation but we spoke when i finished work and im very happy with the outcome.
    I thank you all for your help and i hope you all have a fantastic Christmas
    xxx

Great. Best of luck to all of you and hope you have a very happy future.

Advertisement