Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements to reduce joint crackling / strengthen joints

Options
  • 07-09-2013 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

Sometimes when I wake up, or a few times during the day, I get the urge to crack my wrist, ankles etc.

Now it doesn`t hurt or anything but when I do it with the wrists its very loud and It can`t be good. (although many will say its just air!?..but sometimes it feels..not sore..but uncomfortable)

I also broke my left leg/ankle twice when I was 12/14 and almost 15 years later it still feels a little bit weaker (but maybe half of it is in the mind).

Is there supplements you can get to lubricate/strengthen all this up? Well there must be, but what do you recommend?

Read on a product review somewhere that Glucosamine/Chondroitin mix is linked to colon cancer? Although it says the opposite here: http://www.nutraingredients.com/Research/Joint-health-supplements-touted-as-colorectal-cancer-preventers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

I have a similar problem with wrists or ankle and everyone ive spoken to says unless there is pain there is no cause for concern.
    if youre worried seek medical advice from a professional.

fish oil, cod liver oil, glucosamine, calcium/magnesium have all been given to me to aid in improving joint and bone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

anything with Chrondritin, MSM and glucosamine would be the way to go I would think.

I use the joint ace tablets which have all of the above plus collagen and I find them good but it took a few weeks use to feel affects

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

There is absolutely no evidence that glucosamine helps to maintain healthy joints, stay away from it. For now you can take fish oil and drink plenty of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Irlandczyk

The only sure fire way to make sure you have good healthy joints is to eat good healthy food. Supplements are just that; supplementary to your main diet. If you are eating food that does not promote a healthy body then all the supplements you take will be to waste. If there is no joint pain, however, you're likely to be fine.

Advertisement