Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gynecomastia not happy with doc

Options
  • 10-09-2013 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I lost 4 and a half stone within the last year (15 stone to 10.5 and I am 5"5 in height) After losing this weight I noticed my chest looked really weird when it was warm, Nipples would get very very puffy and my chest was cone like.
    Felt around and found a few lumps in both my "moobs". No pain but there where more than 3 in my left and about 2 in my right.

When my chest is cold it looks much better.

Anyways went to the docs last week and he was on holidays so I had to deal with some stand in doctor, just by looking at her I knew it was not going to go as I planned.

I told her about another condition 1st which she then contradicted my orginal doctor.

After that I told her about my chest and she told me to take my T-shirt off so she could have a look , she squeezed around my chest feeling the lumps and then asked me "why do you think you have gyno", after that she asked me "why did you decide to lose the weight". After that question she looked at me and said "IT COULD BE, COME BACK IN A FEW WEEKS IF IT IS NOT GONE", to say I was pissed off was an understatement.

So now I have to go back 2moro to see my original Doc (Doc might think i'm making it up if I was just there last week).

A few questions if someone could answer them?

1) How long would I be waiting on to get the treatment (medical card)
    2)What does the medical card cover? I heard someone say it covers the gyno removal but not the lypo, I have not got that fat of a chest (only when it is warm if that makes sense?) so would I need the lypo?
    3)If I don't get the lypo would that mean my chest would be saggy until I got the lypo?

THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE.

Advertisement