Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Season 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I presume the new episode is out today on PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

tonight apparently yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Damn that was eh a bit of a shake up to say the least.

A lot of big choices to make in that episode now that ive played threw it i wonder what would of happened if i went with other ones......

Anyway obviously i wont say a word!.

Wonder will there be any dlc to follow this?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

Damn that was eh a bit of a shake up to say the least.

A lot of big choices to make in that episode now that ive played threw it i wonder what would of happened if i went with other ones......

Anyway obviously i wont say a word!.

Wonder will there be any dlc to follow this?

You played episode 5 already?

Backfire wrote: »
    You played episode 5 already?

Yep finished it there just a few minutes ago.

• Advertisement

Yep finished it there just a few minutes ago.

Oh yeah, it's out on PC isn't it?

Without revealing spoilers, I only ask is the ending you got satisfactory in your opinion or were you left sitting there thinking where can the story line go from here or something like that.

Oh yeah, it's out on PC isn't it?

Without revealing spoilers, I only ask is the ending you got satisfactory in your opinion or were you left sitting there thinking where can the story line go from here or something like that.

I dunno about anyone else but i taught it ended well. It kept the story going very well and left a lot to be answered and many possible storys for season 3 or even dlc.

I dunno about anyone else but i taught it ended well. It kept the story going very well and left a lot to be answered and many possible storys for season 3 or even dlc.

Fair enough. A lot of questions to be answered so. Sometimes having too many questions to be left answered is annoying. I mean, in the walking dead world, as long as the main character is on the move, there is excitement in the fact that a storyline can develop from nowhere, by meeting new characters and exploring new locations.

Fair enough. A lot of questions to be answered so. Sometimes having too many questions to be left answered is annoying. I mean, in the walking dead world, as long as the main character is on the move, there is excitement in the fact that a storyline can develop from nowhere, by meeting new characters and exploring new locations.

Well when u play it u will see what i mean. At least should hopefully have plenty to look forward to for next season.

Well just finished episode 5. I hadn't enjoyed this season as much but i think this was a strong finish.
    I lost Bonnie and Luke on the lake. I was dissappointed to lose Luke as he was probably the best of the new characters. Anyone know if its possible to save one or both?

I was surprised Mike did what he did in retrospect you could see him and Arvo getting close. I stuck up for Arvo a lot as well so when he shot Clem made me wish i let Kenny smash his face in.

As for the final confrontation i sided with Jane which just felt like the natural choice as Kenny was just irritating me but it was nice to see him at peace as he died.

Overall i'm happy with this season. Not as good as the first but still a great effort. Going to be looking forward to season 3.

• Advertisement

Well just finished episode 5. I hadn't enjoyed this season as much but i think this was a strong finish.
    I lost Bonnie and Luke on the lake. I was dissappointed to lose Luke as he was probably the best of the new characters. Anyone know if its possible to save one or both?

I was surprised Mike did what he did in retrospect you could see him and Arvo getting close. I stuck up for Arvo a lot as well so when he shot Clem made me wish i let Kenny smash his face in.

As for the final confrontation i sided with Jane which just felt like the natural choice as Kenny was just irritating me but it was nice to see him at peace as he died.

Overall i'm happy with this season. Not as good as the first but still a great effort. Going to be looking forward to season 3.

I chose to shot the walkers behind Luke Bonnie went to try and save him and he fell in followed by Clem trying to break the ice to get him and her also falling in until shes saved. Mike and bonnie tried to leave on me i had a choice to shoot them but didnt ****ing Russian prick shot me and after the flashback with lee i ended up back in the car with Jane and Kenny.

I went and let Kenny kill Jane because i pretty much always sided with him and im glad i did in the end because we he made sure Clem and AJ got into Wellington lets hope it doesnt turn out like the tv show!

I chose to shot the walkers behind Luke Bonnie went to try and save him and he fell in followed by Clem trying to break the ice to get him and her also falling in until shes saved. Mike and bonnie tried to leave on me i had a choice to shoot them but didnt ****ing Russian prick shot me and after the flashback with lee i ended up back in the car with Jane and Kenny.

I went and let Kenny kill Jane because i pretty much always sided with him and im glad i did in the end because we he made sure Clem and AJ got into Wellington lets hope it doesnt turn out like the tv show!
    Interesting. I guess Luke dies regardless. I'm not too surprised Bonnie tries to go with Mike if she survives.

When i picked Jane we ended up back at Carvers place. I wonder how they will accomodate the fact you can end up in two completely locations in Season 3

Interesting. I guess Luke dies regardless. I'm not too surprised Bonnie tries to go with Mike if she survives.

When i picked Jane we ended up back at Carvers place. I wonder how they will accomodate the fact you can end up in two completely locations in Season 3

Was thinking the very same thing myself because it's two totally different situations.

Unless they link them somewhere down the line maybe dlc ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Just finished it, fantastic episode in my opinion.
    I tried to cover Luke and lost both him & Bonnie. I was torn between Jane and Kenny throughout. I'd be dead set against Kenny after talking with Jane or after he beats the Russian kid and then the old bastard would sweet talk me back around again. In the end though I chose Jane over him.

As mentioned above it'll be interesting to see how season 3 will go considering the 2 very different endings available.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

OMG, I KILLED KENNY!
    i'm a bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The problem with games like this is that all too often you are given the illusion of choice. The choice isn't real.

For example, in episode 4 when
    when Jane and Sarah are both in peril at the end of the episode, you choose to help jane up or try and save sarah. It's a meaningless and arbitrary choice because no matter what you choose, jane lives and sarah dies and there are no consequences.

Simlarly, straight after this the choice on whether to stay a few days in the cabin to let Rebecca rest up or leave immediately. She dies anyway. It's a meaningless choice.

I was pretty impressed with ep 5 considering how unimpressed I was with the choices in some of the other episodes. Ep 3 and 4 told a good story....but games like this only work if the player believes their choices matter.

And that's why episode 5 was so damned good. Consider how it ended. The massive amounts of very different endings.
    Clem can end up by herself with the baby, smeared with blood and walking through a Herd.
    She can end up with Kenny and find Wellington but they are full so you can choose to join them with the baby and leave Kenny.....or you can refuse to go into Wellington without him and stay together.
    Or you can end up with Jane back at Carver's headquarters.
    It's going to be amazing to see how they tell the story from here on out. They are all pretty diverse.

THIS is how more of the game should be played out. It means more work for the developers and it also means that a section of your player base may never see some of your work.....but its what makes these "choose your own adventure" games worth playing.

As for my choices,
    Luke drowned at the lake. I let Bonnie cover him and went to help. It was the sensible option as she was light. We fell in anyway and a walker pulled him under, Bonnie pulled me out.

I was f*cking convinced that Russian was a snake. I wanted him strung up the moment the shootout ended and was completely perplexed at the niceness and mercy Mike and Bonnie were showing him. I was with Kenny on that one. I never trusted him. And I was right! He shoots clem.

Mike and Bonnie leaving with him was just....typical. Bonnie is just so weak. She keeps making the wrong choices like in 400 days and then again with Carver. And then she apologises and says she's learned but she did the exact same thing again and takes the easy option to sneak away in the middle of the night and clem ends up shot. So easily swayed. That's good character writing in my book. Very real. Mike just wants to be everyones buddy but he is foolish to trust Arvo.

I sided with Jane at the end. I liked her. She came back for the group at the shootout. She is capable. She is moral but not to a fault which I like. Moral, but sensible. Not one of these "throw your life away to be noble" clowns. Do the right thing when you can sort of person. Kenny was too unhinged. Too unpredictable. You just wouldn't know what he was going to do or say from one moment to the next. I wouldn't feel safe navigating the apocalypse with him and I've always felt this way.

So now I'm back at Carver's headquarters with Jane and that new group.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I havent played ep5 yet so haven't read the spoilers but with the choices aspect, yeah a lot of it is made redundant when the scenario plays out the same regardless of who you try to save or kill or leave behind or whatever. But it's the feeling of having to make that choice that makes it so compelling at times. Most games you don't even get that, maybe route choices on levels or something but there's times in TWD where I feel like a genuine bastard, other times where I tried to do what I thought was the right thing and it didn't pay off at all, it's one of the few games you really get emotionally invested in and feel robbed when people you like die or something doesnt play out like you hoped.
    With Clementine I tried to keep her distant from people and things like giving out to Sarah when it was deserved and not letting her be treated like a kid.
    Did it make much of a different in the long run? not really, but it's the journey not the destination when it comes to a lot of the decisions you make throughout the game. If nothing else TWD is a brilliant test of your morals and what you'd do in the same sitation

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

When is this out on PS3?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

J. Marston wrote: »
    When is this out on PS3?

Supposed to be today but as usual they're slow in updating psn store. Has anyone actually got it for ps3 yet?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sheehy83 wrote: »

Thanks, still not showing it on the ps3 but got it from pc from your link. Downloading now!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JaqenHgarr

So one thing i've noticed in this game is that no matter how much choice you seem to have, the developers really can't let the playing experiences drift too far apart so in the long run your choices dont really matter eg. lilly alvin, doug/carly larry, sarah so what i'm wondering now is
    since there is a possibility for both or either jane and kenny to die in the 5th episode, does that mean these characters are effectively doomed in the long run as pretty much every other life or death choice you make has to even out at some point to put all the players in similar situations again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Anybody else think the whole thing
    was just a dream (like Dallas) when you woke up to find Lee talking to you
    . Thankfully I was wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Am I the only one who felt pretty let down by it. There were some big moments and maybe it was just how my version ended but it felt like a real anticlimax and certainly didn't feel like a finale.
    I ended back at Carvers and let the family in. The game ends by with us looking concerned by the guy with the gun.
    That just didn't feel like a finale at all.. feels like there should be another episode to come soon or a bigger cliffhanger.. or even just conclusion.Maybe it's better for others as only 20% of us got that ending.

Anyway, ya. It had some good moments along with some stupid ones.
    Bonnie in particular being really annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 14,509 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

tok9 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who felt pretty let down by it. There were some big moments and maybe it was just how my version ended but it felt like a real anticlimax and certainly didn't feel like a finale.
    I ended back at Carvers and let the family in. The game ends by with us looking concerned by the guy with the gun.
    That just didn't feel like a finale at all.. feels like there should be another episode to come soon or a bigger cliffhanger.. or even just conclusion.Maybe it's better for others as only 20% of us got that ending.

Anyway, ya. It had some good moments along with some stupid ones.
    Bonnie in particular being really annoying
    I got the same one as you, I chose to shoot Kenny because I though it was one of those situations where it's linear i.e. even if you don't shoot him Jane reverses his hold and kills him anyway. In that case I thought it should be me that did it. Now that I've read the other possible endings I'm thinking I might go back and side with Kenny.

I really don't know. As someone else said, it all has to come together next season no matter which path you take so maybe it's irrelevant.
    I do know onw thing...if I ever see that Arvo prick again I'll gut him:pac:

lertsnim wrote: »
    Anybody else think the whole thing
    was just a dream (like Dallas) when you woke up to find Lee talking to you
    . Thankfully I was wrong :)
    I certainly did. It was good to see Lee in the game again though. It was a nice touching scene.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Still not up for vita?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I shot Kenny, I'm a bastard! After reading here seeing there's actually numerous proper outcomes I might actually go with Kenny just because. Intrigued how this'll work out in Season 3.

But I'm guessing, both Jane and Kenny die in Season 3, and you end up alone anyways and the story merges from there.

Edit -
    Just me, or does that man at the end with the wife and kid, that you meet up in Howe, look like Luke... brother perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,488 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Just finished it there.
    I ended up killing Kenny (I was waiting for 1 and a half seasons for that), forgave Jane (seriously, she helped killed Kenny - what is to forgive?) and back at Howes letting the family in. I think that is the "Good" ending. I thought that finale ended on pretty much the same note as season one when Clem sees the couple on the hillside: hope that they could be friendly. Worry that they might be dangerous. I know when the woman went in for the hug on Jane I was like "Holy ****. Kil....oh, okay"

I wasn't *as* surprised as others by Bonnie and Mikes attempt to bail. Nor was I as angry with Avro. Avro had seen his sister killed and spent the night tied up in the freezing cold, and the day being badly beaten and threatened by a psychopathic thug. I think he quite rightly feared for his life: when the roles were reversed with the group held by Carver in Howes the group was happy to kill to leave. So I cant really blame Avro for shooting - Kenny was going to murder him sooner or later. Bonnie and Mike I understood as well - Kenny was breaking up the group with his erratic, violent behaviour.

I'm actually surprised Wellington existed - found it hard to see any value in Kenny's thinking driving further north into a blizzard hoping to find baby food, and farther *away* from Howes where we knew there was baby food. I just put it down to Kenny's "My way or I kill everyone!" thinking. Even if the group had followed him to Wellington without complaint, they wouldn't have gotten in. They would have died, starving outside its gates. Returning south to Howes was the best option for everyone, including the baby, but Kenny was too stupid and stubborn to admit it. It was the same with his stupid boat fixation in Season One. Plenty of people died following him there too.

In terms of the multiple endings, it would be challenging for Telltale Games to open Season 3 without either picking a "canon" ending or quickly hammering Episode 1 so that you have to end up in the same place with the same people by Episode 2.

My guess is that it's only difficult to do that if you try to pick up Clems story again. They could start with an entirely different group or pick up with another "minor" character from Season One (like Lilly) or Season Two (like Mike) who seem to always end up in the same place regardless of what the main storyline does. Lilly always drives off, Mike always bails. That gives Telltale a known starting point and they only need to refer back to your Season Two choices for cameos (like find Kenny or Jane's body at the rest stop etc).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Started Ep.5 tonight and turned it off after 10 minutes, I'll finish it but I just couldn't get into it tonight. Ever choice I cared less and less about and just wanted them to hurry up and get on with it :(

Advertisement