Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Copa Del Rey Second Leg - El Classico - Camp Nou 25th January

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Would Pepe or Busquets roll if someone shot either of them ?
    This theory should be tried out ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Mourinho-esperando-a-Teixeira-_54245352485_54115221152_960_640.jpg?t=1327579961112

Yes, that is the referee's parking spot.

Sad, sad man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

99% of the time players rolling on the ground arent doing so to decelarate slowly, they're expressing "pain". Strangely, Ive rarely seen a genuinely injured player roll around like that, makes it easy to spot the fakers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Mourinho-esperando-a-Teixeira-_54245352485_54115221152_960_640.jpg?t=1327579961112

Sad, sad man.

I don't get it all I can see is a picture of mourinho standing there what am I missing
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Mourinho is pictured waiting at the referees car.

Big news

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Arbitre means Referee in Catalan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Wonder if Pepe is just off camera waiting to applaud them into the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

I wouldn't blame the referee at all. Had Madrid taken there chances they could of controlled the game. Selecting Higuain instead of Benzema cost them.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭CongoPowers

Jesus.

He takes these things far too badly. The mad look on him in that photo, wtf lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The football equivalent of being bundled into the boot of a mid-90s reg Toyota Corolla, perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Would Pepe or Busquets roll if someone shot either of them ?

Busquets would roll around clutching his face if you sneezed in his vicinity.

Classico's can bring out the diver in players who usually don't, but Busquets is just as bad in every match he plays.

I think Pepe was going down ridiculously easy to make some sort of statement about how he felt victimised by Barca's thatrics in previous encounters. He's a rough and tumble guy who, in general, doesn't hit the deck all that often.

tolosenc wrote: »
    I think Pepe was going down ridiculously easy to make some sort of statement about how he felt victimised by Barca's thatrics in previous encounters. He's a rough and tumble guy who, in general, doesn't hit the deck all that often.

Really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Mourinhos team came out in that 2nd half fired up. They could have completely collapsed and lost 5-0 again. Good management, just need to do it for 90 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

One of the only players to have come out of those 2 legs with any credit (apart from the usual few) was Ronaldo. He may not have played well in either match, but he scored 1 very well taken goal and another lucky-ish goal. And he was also proabably the only attacker that didn't engage in all that play acting crap. My respect for him has actually gone way up after that tie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

THFC wrote: »
    One of the only players to have come out of those 2 legs with any credit (apart from the usual few) was Ronaldo. He may not have played well in either match, but he scored 1 very well taken goal and another lucky-ish goal. And he was also proabably the only attacker that didn't engage in all that play acting crap. My respect for him has actually gone way up after that tie.

He took going behind so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

tolosenc wrote: »
    Busquets would roll around clutching his face if you sneezed in his vicinity.

Classico's can bring out the diver in players who usually don't, but Busquets is just as bad in every match he plays.

Will he get the Busquets treatment now too ?

9NKfp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,233 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

ceegee wrote: »
    99% of the time players rolling on the ground arent doing so to decelarate slowly, they're expressing "pain". Strangely, Ive rarely seen a genuinely injured player roll around like that, makes it easy to spot the fakers.

Uefa need to stamp out this cheating that is tarnishing the game,its gone on far too long and isnt tolerated in any other sport.
    Anyone found simulating or feigning injury should get an immediate 3 match ban .
    Anyone harassing a ref or seeking a booking for an opponent should receive a red card.
    Players wont be long getting the message .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Turtyturd wrote: »
    ???

Is that reinforcing my point or you trying to undermine it? If most footballers had that attitude it would make for far more interesting games. Much rather see anyone complain about going behind than to complain about a tackle, refereeing decision, tactics, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

They'll all have something to whinge about for real when they come up against

honeymonster.jpg

in June !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭eire4

Credit to Barcelona for finding a way to win the tie on a night when they really never got going. That is now just 1 win in 14 games for Real Madrid against Barcelona since Guardiola took over. An amazing stat. It will be interesting to see how Real Madrid do in their next few games as they really could not have played much better yesterday and yet they still get knocked out.

Pepe once again at it at the end as well going after the ref as if he cost them the game. He and his team mates should look a bit closer in the mirror first. If Higuain had not held him back I think he probably would have got himelf a red card after the final whistle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Well they'd dominated and had gone behind, i wouldn't blame him. It's not like he was throwing a strop or playacting, he was just frustrated

I actually think Madrid came out of that with a lot of credit, they battled hard, were very unlucky not to win on the night and showed that they're well able to go into the Camp Nou and get a result. If anything, last night's match showed to me why i think Madrid will win the league, they could well go into the clasico in April with Barca needing a win to stay in the title race and be able to get a draw. I also liked that they threw the old antifootball gameplan out for the match and took Barca on at their own game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

He was nearly crying like a little girl - i wonder where Nani got his girlie tandrums from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Sad, sad man.

I'll meet ya outside.

Really it is a sad indictment of the man. The sooner he leaves Spain the better. Off with him back to England I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Warper wrote: »
    He was nearly crying like a little girl - i wonder where Nani got his girlie tandrums from?

Jesus Barcelona fans really are truning into the new United fans, so blind to your own team its all you can see.

Crying like a litle girl, yeh he showed anger when his team when went behind would you rather he shrugged his shoulders and said so what to himself?

A player showing anger at going behind shows to me hes cares if his team win or loose, thats bad thing now?

Now im not Ronaldos biggest fan in general but in this instance youre talking about you are talking out of your one eyed barcelona hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

The peoples elbow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Sad, sad man.
    Warper wrote: »
    I'll meet ya outside.

Really it is a sad indictment of the man. The sooner he leaves Spain the better. Off with him back to England I say.
    And yet it shows his passion, his ruthlessness and his forward thinking that he is willing to wait there for a ref to come out so he can speak to him.

Maybe thats a big part of the reason he is so successful.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    The peoples elbow.

hahahaha memories..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

eagle eye wrote: »
    And yet it shows his passion, his ruthlessness and his forward thinking that he is willing to wait there for a ref to come out so he can speak to him.

Maybe thats a big part of the reason he is so successful.

True. After that game last night, Madrid must surely feel like they could beat Barca if they meet again.

It's a bit like the City-Utd game in the FA cup. Even though City and Madrid were both knocked out, their performances will possibly give them belief down the home stretch of the season.

Advertisement