Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,846 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Galway K9 wrote: »
    Please post thsi to SAYNOTO1890.COM
    Can anyone confirm if it works though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

muffler wrote: »

Im getting SKY support on it, but havent tried asking them to transfer me to their office for sales and cancellations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

This is from SAYNOTO1890.com

December 17th, 2014 - The following webpage – http://skyireland.goldenpages.ie/ – has a link which initiates a free call from Sky to your telephone. Isn’t as good as simple as having a proper 01 xxxxxx number but at least it’s free. Just used it and it connects you to their automated answering system so you just follow the multitude of menu options until you get to talk to a real person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Im getting SKY support on it, but havent tried asking them to transfer me to their office for sales and cancellations.

I tried, they wouldn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

I was on half price Variety pack + Sky Sports, it ran out last month.
    I just phoned them there and when I asked about getting a discount and she put me straight through to cancellations. The guy said he could only give me 20% off. Said customers only got half price once. I told him I wanted to cancel. He went through all the rig marole .. why, etc etc,... hold a minute... will put you through to my colleague to go through the final bill ... on hold again ... colleague came back with "one final offer" ... Half price package for 6 months ... result!!!
    I tried to push him for 9 or 12 months but no joy but I'm well happy as he has given me half price on my 'price freeze package' so will be paying €32.37 per month ... I had half price on the 'regular' price for the last 6 months (€38) so an even better deal for me :)
    Only for this thread I wouldn't have gotten these deals so thanks everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

2 calls made by me today and 1 back to me by them trying to get them to match the groupon deal. Best I was offered was €56 for Variety HD & Sports. Told him not a chance. On 20% right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

This is from SAYNOTO1890.com

December 17th, 2014 - The following webpage – htp:skyireland.goldenpages.i– has a link which initiates a free call from Sky to your telephone. Isn’t as good as simple as having a proper 01 xxxxxx number but at least it’s free. Just used it and it connects you to their automated answering system so you just follow the multitude of menu options until you get to talk to a real person

this doesnt appear to work anymore, im getting the below error when i click on the free call

accountid=200106285515 and/or template=839524 are invalid or disabled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads my dad has been paying for sky tv for roughly 15 years now and to my knowledge has never been given a discount. Is there a way to get one in this case?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Got a call today offering sky sports half price for the year, no contract. Cancelled it over a year ago as my toddler now dictates what I watch. 3rd time to ring me since I cancelled. Previous offers were for 6 months half price. Took the deal

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Got a call today offering sky sports half price for the year, no contract. Cancelled it over a year ago as my toddler now dictates what I watch. 3rd time to ring me since I cancelled. Previous offers were for 6 months half price. Took the deal

Are you paying full whack for variety or original pack?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

squadro wrote: »
    Are you paying full whack for variety or original pack?

Yep

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Lads my dad has been paying for sky tv for roughly 15 years now and to my knowledge has never been given a discount. Is there a way to get one in this case?

Thanks
    He needs to ring them and say he wants to cancel as its too expensive. If he's in an area where he can get UPC then use it as a bit of leverage. He shouldnt necessarily take the first offer made....he will almost definitely be made an offer to stay.

Its only a couple of weeks since I was coming to the end of a half price offer (basic pack & sports) and I rang in to cancel. I was offered 25% off but I refused and to be honest I just couldnt get it through the guys head that I wasnt taking it. I told him straight up it was half price or nothing.

After an hour off "discussion" he finally puts me through to the billing dept for them to confirm what my next bill would be as I still have the phone and broadband with them and within a minute the guy in that dept offered me the half price again for 6 months.

From what I can see the offers do change every so often with the best offers being made to those who gave the most to Sky over the years. But you need to be prepared to cancel and go through with it if necessary in order to get the best deal.

Alternatively cancel and take up the Groupon offer as discussed here. Different name and rearrange the address will get him / her listed as a new customer. ;)

What's the best price ppl are getting on the variety extra HD package? I currently have sky world HD for 49 for nine months but i dont use the sports or movies at all and i thinking of downgrading to the vareity extra package - cheers

lowbatt07 wrote: »
    What's the best price ppl are getting on the variety extra HD package? I currently have sky world HD for 49 for nine months but i dont use the sports or movies at all and i thinking of downgrading to the vareity extra package - cheers
    Whats the "variety extra package" ?

Do you mean just the variety package as opposed to the original / basic pack?

Whats the "variety extra package" ?

Do you mean just the variety package as opposed to the original / basic pack?

Sorry yes I mean variety . If I downgrade from my existing sky world deal I'm assuming I'll loose the half price promotion on my account so I'm trying to figure out what's the best deal on the variety HD package? I've been with sky since they launched their digital service in Ireland 15 yrs ago and I've been getting promotions for the past 2 yrs or so

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Does anyone know if you can request Sky to tweek a standard bundle for you? We have the Sky variety bundle plus HD to get the F1 channel. I have noticed that I can't remember the last time our son watched any of the kids channels. He doesn't watch that much tv but when he does it's usually The Simpsons, the F1 channel, Top gear, shows like the Chase, Pointless, Wipeout etc.

Could we request Sky take off the kids channels and would they give a reduction in the price of the package?

lowbatt07 wrote: »
    Sorry yes I mean variety . If I downgrade from my existing sky world deal I'm assuming I'll loose the half price promotion on my account so I'm trying to figure out what's the best deal on the variety HD package? I've been with sky since they launched their digital service in Ireland 15 yrs ago and I've been getting promotions for the past 2 yrs or so
    Chances are that you will still retain the half price offer you have. I haven't come across this personally so cant say for sure but give them a ring and do "persist and insist" on a reduction and a retention of your half price offer.

They try to get as much money as possible out of you and as a business you cant blame them for that but equally they have to try and retain you as a customer and hence the bit of negotiating regarding the offers.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Could we request Sky take off the kids channels and would they give a reduction in the price of the package?
    The only way that can be done is by downgrading from the variety pack to the original pack which is a saving of €9 a month if you're paying the full price.

Just a reminder or to point out to anyone who isn't yet aware that Sky have their own "Talk To" forum here on Boards. The reps are there from 1:00pm - 5:00pm Monday to Friday.

If you have a query then on most occasions, especially if it involves any aspect of your account, they ask you to PM them your contact details and they will call you at whatever time is suitable for you.

I've used that facility now a few times and I have to say they are very accommodating and always on time with their call backs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Just a reminder or to point out to anyone who isn't yet aware that Sky have their own "Talk To" forum here on Boards. The reps are there from 1:00pm - 5:00pm Monday to Friday.

If you have a query then on most occasions, especially if it involves any aspect of your account, they ask you to PM them your contact details and they will call you at whatever time is suitable for you.

I've used that facility now a few times and I have to say they are very accommodating and always on time with their call backs.
    thats good to know, my half price deal is nearly out so cancellation call needed, this will save a few quid, the calls take about half an hour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭EvanKelly6

So I went and called today to say I was cancelling in hope of a better deal. All they would give me was 15% off which really wasn't enough so I had it all cancelled. Feels like a loss to the family.. If I ever want it back, what's the best way of going about it whilst getting it that bit cheaper too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

wait and see what happens during your 30 days notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Rang today to cancel second box and movies, got variety pack and second box for 40.25 for 9 months. Was paying 61.50 for 2 boxes variety and half the movies so saving 20 euro for 9 months not bad.

donegal. wrote: »
    wait and see what happens during your 30 days notice.

They might ring to try get me back?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

EvanKelly6 wrote: »
    They might ring to try get me back?

they WILL ring to try to entice you back.
    they might not ring within the 30 days. They didn't call me for 7 weeks , but then offered me 75%off.
    you can always ring them again .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Furzy wrote: »
    Try (01) 419 8686

Just to note. This number isn't for Sky. It's Sierra's phone number for dealing with engineer queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Lost the sky sports a few days back. Only got offered the 35% off sports pack and nothing off the variety so said thanks but no thanks. Rang sky and cancelled variety today. No offer made or looked for. Will be left with the original pack only.Have setanta still. I'm suffering withdrawl symptoms but **** em I'll ride it out. Might even go down the free view route.

donegal. wrote: »
    they WILL ring to try to entice you back.
    they might not ring within the 30 days. They didn't call me for 7 weeks , but then offered me 75%off.
    you can always ring them again .

I'll try ride it out. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

squadro wrote: »
    Lost the sky sports a few days back. Only got offered the 35% off sports pack and nothing off the variety so said thanks but no thanks. Rang sky and cancelled variety today. No offer made or looked for. Will be left with the original pack only.Have setanta still. I'm suffering withdrawl symptoms but **** em I'll ride it out. Might even go down the free view route.

After a week you will realise you only really watch the free to air channels 80% of the time when you have Sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭swpb

Hi does this sound like a good deal or anyone do better ?
    Landline line calls free 7pm to 7am
    Unlimited fibre broadband
    Variety pack
    56.50 euro per month

Advertisement