Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

I got cut off just before Christmas, got an offer saving about 20/25% at the time.. Got no calls since, rang them about 2 weeks ago and they only offered the same so said no.. Haven't even missed it but still want to sign up to a good deal with sky q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,031 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I got cut off just before Christmas, got an offer saving about 20/25% at the time.. Got no calls since, rang them about 2 weeks ago and they only offered the same so said no.. Haven't even missed it but still want to sign up to a good deal with sky q

May I ask, if you have not missed it why do you want to pay to get it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

May I ask, if you have not missed it why do you want to pay to get it again?

I can't justify the price of it for the amount of use it would get, nearly everything I'd watch on it can be sourced from other means.. The ease of use of sky is the thing I want the most

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Larcoon

If you have an existing account with standard package. If not in contract, can you bargain for a free 32TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Larcoon wrote: »
    If you have an existing account with standard package. If not in contract, can you bargain for a free 32TV

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Damien360

Have the offer of free upgrade to Sky Q as long term customer. Black whatever ? What I can't understand is multiroom at 16 for 12 months as I pay now but is there a different price after that deal. Is sky Q worth it if not adding HD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

gave cancellation notice 2 weeks ago now and was offered 35% off the variety package when doing the final bill adjustment on the call but have not seen any emails etc offering similar whereas in past those offers were always sent about a week after cancellation notice..

Going to cancel this time though as have others plans for our TV viewing for a while.

Damien360 wrote: »
    Have the offer of free upgrade to Sky Q as long term customer. Black whatever ? What I can't understand is multiroom at 16 for 12 months as I pay now but is there a different price after that deal. Is sky Q worth it if not adding HD.

Its €16 a month for 12 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Just off the phone after 25 minutes phone will the worst rep I’ve ever dealt with
    Hadn’t a clue about my account
    Dates of offers all wrong etc

Long story short she came back with some carp offers . Final one was 68 for sports variety and HD
    That’s about 15% off

Didn’t accept
    And now the waiting game begins
    Tbh if it goes it goes now at this stage

Week 2
    Texts and to me with a link for 35% off any sky package with 12 month contract
    If it’s 35% off the whole variety sky sports and HD that will bring it in around 53 euro I think which I’ll be happy with

Think my pricing may be wrong
    Hadn’t realized variety and sky sports were 79 euro in total
    HD 17
    So assuming HD is included in discount that would be 63 a month ?
    Not sure I’ll take it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,305 ✭✭✭✭muffler

HD is an "add on" and not part of any package that Sky gives discounts on. However there are discounts offered on HD (at least there was previously) several times during the year so you might strike it lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭colmufc

I cancelled sports and movies last week I had them at 22.5 a month went up to 49 after 6 months ,also asked about a discount on hd pack and he said there was nothing he could do on the price but then her "asked me" would I be considering cancelling the whole sky package I said yes because of the tone in his voice and straight away I got 35% off the variety pack half price hd and €8.50 off the broadband , I do tho k there is a massive difference in hd to sd but it's the box sets and skyf1 that you get with the hd pack that I wanted to keep so happy all in all with the price drop and Il pick up sports again next September for €20 a month during the nfl season

colmufc wrote: »
    I cancelled sports and movies last week I had them at 22.5 a month went up to 49 after 6 months ,also asked about a discount on hd pack and he said there was nothing he could do on the price but then her "asked me" would I be considering cancelling the whole sky package I said yes because of the tone in his voice and straight away I got 35% off the variety pack half price hd and €8.50 off the broadband , I do tho k there is a massive difference in hd to sd but it's the box sets and skyf1 that you get with the hd pack that I wanted to keep so happy all in all with the price drop and Il pick up sports again next September for €20 a month during the nfl season
    So you have 3 different discounts
    The girl I was talking to 2 weeks ago said they could no longer apply more than one discount to an account
    But she literally was clueless
    If I got the 35% along with half price HD I'd take it

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭colmufc

So you have 3 different discounts
    The girl I was talking to 2 weeks ago said they could no longer apply more than one discount to an account
    But she literally was clueless
    If I got the 35% along with half price HD I'd take it

Ya 3 separate discounts , I was well pleased, there is a loyalty package it seems as I had sports for 20 in 2016 and for sports and movies for 22.5 in 2017
    When I signed up to it the fella told me we were listed a gold loyalty and that's after 8 years with sky 10+ is platinum which I believe get you either a food package on sports and movies or free hd or multiroom package

Ya 3 separate discounts , I was well pleased, there is a loyalty package it seems as I had sports for 20 in 2016 and for sports and movies for 22.5 in 2017
    When I signed up to it the fella told me we were listed a gold loyalty and that's after 8 years with sky 10+ is platinum which I believe get you either a food package on sports and movies or free hd or multiroom package

We are also platinum
    That girl I dealt with 2 weeks ago was easily the worst I’ve ever dealt with
    She was incorrect in much of what she said and I had to correct her multiple times

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭orwell77

Rang this evening to cancel, paying 37.30 for the variety and 16 for the Q multi room (have 3 mini boxes)
    Moved to Eir for the broadband and phone last week, getting that for 40..sky bb and phone was 55..

He could offer the broadband and phone for 35, but only evening calls, 8 euro off my variety bundle and that was it..

I said no, and he put through my cancellation! Waiting game starts..

anyone know if eir TV is that bad, they are going great offers, unless sly come back to me..

How long after cancelling are they generally sending out the offers??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

We are also platinum
    That girl I dealt with 2 weeks ago was easily the worst I’ve ever dealt with
    She was incorrect in much of what she said and I had to correct her multiple times

I found it's a bit hit & miss with some of the call staff!
    I don't know how long the platinum/gold service was there, but was only told once or twice about that!
    Some are helpful & some cant help themselves :confused:
    As when i was enquiring on the discounts ending on TV+BB+Multiroom, the caller was surprised & said even i don't get that many :confused:

Which led me to wonder, does all the staff get free sky ;) or does this person not know about it:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

I signed up to this through the app lately. I'm a Sky 'diamond' customer (15+ yrs)
    The rewards are various tickets to rubbish events, Free Sky Q set-up, Free Sky Go extra & a Sky soundbox.
    Nothing about free HD.

Week 2
    Texts and to me with a link for 35% off any sky package with 12 month contract
    If it’s 35% off the whole variety sky sports and HD that will bring it in around 53 euro I think which I’ll be happy with

Think my pricing may be wrong
    Hadn’t realized variety and sky sports were 79 euro in total
    HD 17
    Not sure I’ll take it now

Got a call back today from a rep who knew what they were talking about
    Got discount off HD as well
    Variety sports and HD for 61 euro
    12 month contract
    Happy with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

so what would you consider to be the best discounts we can get off sky?
    back up to 90 euro per month for sky with phone and fibre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

phill106 wrote: »
    so what would you consider to be the best discounts we can get off sky?
    back up to 90 euro per month for sky with phone and fibre.

The deal above must be the one they're dealing out now, with HD usually goes down from €17- 10 or 1/2 price depending on the person ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭cupthehand1

Any deals going around with the Sky Q 2TB box??? Reduced price for an upgrade or similar, €179 with no multiroom is saucy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yknaa

Currently have half price sports and cinema but paying full price for multi-room and hd content with our old hd box.

Just wondering about the idea of cancelling with SKY (out of contract on tv/bb/telephone) and getting someone else in the home to sign up as a new customer thus availing of new customer offers/sky Q box. How best to go about this as I am not keen on losing our feed/phone line for any long period of time. Is it best to cancel and then sign up as a new customer straight away? Info might be useful to other board members. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭cupthehand1

Any deals going around with the Sky Q 2TB box??? Reduced price for an upgrade or similar, €179 with no multiroom is saucy

Would definetly be willing to meet them somewhere with the price if it was reduced to a more manageable figure. Asked about this in a call during the week and was told bluntly and in no certain terms €179 is the price

Was on on to Sky yesterday to sign up for the half price Sports package. Talking to the agent he put the deal through and signed me up with no problems. He then told me it was a 12 month contract and it's only the first 6 months which would be at half price after that I'd be charged the full €40pm for the sports package. I knew this was nonsense.

It clearly says on their website that you can cancel before the full price takes affect. I told him I had the website opened in front of me and I stated what it said. He replied he'd have to put me on hold and check with his supervisor. He came back on the line 5 minutes later to tell me I was correct and this was a new option which had just been added to the half price offer, again more nonsense. Sky have been running the half price offer for the last month and the option to cancel after 6 months before the full price takes affect has always been an option.

Are they clearly trying to mislead customers now or are they just employing idiots?

Similar incidents have happen the last couple of times I've called Sky. Be weary of what the agents tell you anymore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 skazy

Just saw on here https://www.facebook.com/salesavvy about Sky offering an extension on their 6 month 1/2 price deal and offering a free prepaid card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭piplip87

Singed up last year to the TV ,Broadband and free TV deal after box sets, and Sky go HD was added it was around 120 a month as offers started running out. Found the kids didn't watch it, box sets was not great as between Netflix and KODI we didn't watch it.

Called today to cancel. Got:
    Sky Basic
    HD
    Broadband for 70 a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,884 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

1800 927 476 this is the freephone number that gets you through to the cancellation department not sure if it has been posted before.

no need to ring the expensive 0818 number.

I used it this morning and cancelled it took 5 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Shurwhynot

My contract just came to an end for Original plus Sports - was paying €69.50 the past couple of months and €59.07 before that. Is it best to call the loyalty department on the 0818 number, or just call the cancellation number mentioned previously? Looking to get a fairly decent discount

Shurwhynot wrote: »
    My contract just came to an end for Original plus Sports - was paying €69.50 the past couple of months and €59.07 before that. Is it best to call the loyalty department on the 0818 number, or just call the cancellation number mentioned previously? Looking to get a fairly decent discount

I'd call the cancellation number.

I've the same package as you. €29.50 original, €20 sports & €10 HD. Total €59.50pm. I have that price up until Sept.

Demand something similar.
    There will be no proper football (if that's your thing) over the summer so you could ditch Sports & sign up again in Aug/Sept when they'll run a half price offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Shurwhynot

IsMiseJoe wrote: »
    I'd call the cancellation number.

I've the same package as you. €29.50 original, €20 sports & €10 HD. Total €59.50pm. I have that price up until Sept.

Demand something similar.
    There will be no proper football (if that's your thing) over the summer so you could ditch Sports & sign up again in Aug/Sept when they'll run a half price offer.

They offered me €61 per month for 12 months and i told them no, that i still wanted to cancel unless they gave me more off. They just went through with taking my 31 days notice then. Are they likely to call me in the next few weeks to offer me something in people's experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DIEGOCON

Got sky sports half price this morning for 6 months. ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,289 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They do similar deals to that at this time of year every year due to low demand. When the domestic football seasons start up again in about 3 months time they hope you become hooked and keep it beyond the current offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

has anyone any thoughts on what their next deal might be

I dont really need a 32" tv!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

has anyone any thoughts on what their next deal might be

I dont really need a 32" tv!

I got HD for a tenner for 12 months last week, I refuse point blank to pay full price for HD.

jca wrote: »
    I got HD for a tenner for 12 months last week, I refuse point blank to pay full price for HD.

If there is anyone paying full price for HD, they should be on to Sky asap.

It's years since I paid full price for HD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭steven087

Is the best deal to be had if I was to cancel and then set up as new customer in my girlfriends name. Is that much hassle...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 telmah

Have had Variety and Multiroom for the last 12 months,first 6 months at 38 euro a month and second 6
    at 46 a month.
    Deal finished last week and bill reverted to the full price of 55 euro a month so I rang today and got a deal of 41 euros a month for the next 12 months.Happy enough with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭Masala

I am not on the new Sky Q yet...so still on 'sold' system.

If I want Multi -Room now as an add-on can it be still provided under the old system?? Or will I have to move to Sky-Q system to get it???

regards

Masala wrote: »
    I am not on the new Sky Q yet...so still on 'sold' system.

If I want Multi -Room now as an add-on can it be still provided under the old system?? Or will I have to move to Sky-Q system to get it???

regards

yep, you can get sky/+ MS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,884 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I got an email saying 40% on a 12 month contract if I return I'm a month out of contract.

Question for others who may know this do they offer higher %'s off the longer you stay away or is that the max?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I got an email saying 40% on a 12 month contract if I return I'm a month out of contract.

Question for others who may know this do they offer higher %'s off the longer you stay away or is that the max?

I think I had 50% off at one stage, but it probably depends on the offers and priorities at the time.

Myself I currently have Sky fibre and Sky Q (basic channels) for €49 - the TV is basically free.
    When the 12 months come up though, Q will be going back if they won't match it... I rarely watch live TV anymore (only took it as part of the offer at the time), and made sure the installer gave me a hybrid LNB so my Freesat box still works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,107 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

what are the packages on Sky now - when I look at their website Variety is the only one offered to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Do offers still pop up on mysky app after cancelling down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

got offered €69 for tv and broadband for the year, not much off the full price of 84.50. think i'll be walking away if they can't better that

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭fibix

bungaro79 wrote: »
    got offered €69 for tv and broadband for the year, not much off the full price of 84.50. think i'll be walking away if they can't better that
    I got exact same offer, I accepted as I actually quite like Sky, no better options out there for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭kindalen

Got a load of nonsense from agent on phone, laughable effort at selling. Cancelled eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Hi all. I have sky fibre (broadband and talk) and Variety TV (+ 2 multiroom boxes). When I went out of contract 12 months ago I got a price of €85 pm, as the discounts expired I am now back up to €117 pm and next month back to €142. I called to cancel yesterday as I looked into Virgin, same package with better broadband for €96 for 12 months. Best Sky would do is €113 or €103 if I cancel HD, although he tried to flog me the Sky Q for €103 but €145 install. I've been with Sky for 15+ years so reluctant to leave but would like my current package for less than €100. Have I any chance if I play hardball further and just tell them to cancel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭kooga

Hi all. I have sky fibre (broadband and talk) and Variety TV (+ 2 multiroom boxes). When I went out of contract 12 months ago I got a price of €85 pm, as the discounts expired I am now back up to €117 pm and next month back to €142. I called to cancel yesterday as I looked into Virgin, same package with better broadband for €96 for 12 months. Best Sky would do is €113 or €103 if I cancel HD, although he tried to flog me the Sky Q for €103 but €145 install. I've been with Sky for 15+ years so reluctant to leave but would like my current package for less than €100. Have I any chance if I play hardball further and just tell them to cancel?

the only way sky will relent to your need to get a lower price package is to pull the trigger and cancel, you have to go through with the cancellation, go without for a few days and then they will give you an outbound offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,408 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

If you've been with Sky for 15+ years, check if you are enrolled for Sky VIP. According to benefits, 15+ years = Black = free Sky Q install (https://www.bonkers.ie/blog/broadband-phone/sky-launches-sky-vip/)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,305 ✭✭✭✭muffler

kooga wrote: »
    the only way sky will relent to your need to get a lower price package is to pull the trigger and cancel, you have to go through with the cancellation, go without for a few days and then they will give you an outbound offer.
    +1 on this. Offers appear to be different once you are no longer an active subscriber.

Several years ago i was coming to an end of a half price offer and when they wouldnt give me the same again I cancelled. 20% discount was the best available at that stage. The day after I was cut off "she who must be obeyed" was having withdrawal symptoms so I rang in and asked if they had any decent offers for "returning customers" and low and behold I got 50% off again.

So yes, cancel if you dont get a suitable offer and be prepared to have the service discontinued. After that you can leave it for a day or so and call them again and you should get a decent enough offer. Most people appear to be getting 40% off after they are cancelled as messages or notifications are sent to your online account / Sky ID

• Advertisement
Advertisement