Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good deal on beds/mattresses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭greasepalm

was it a horsehair mattress she bought:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭digit1

greasepalm wrote: »
    was it a horsehair mattress she bought:eek:

Nope, sure that would be high quality. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

@ Big Mickey.ie

I'm after a Bunk bed preferably the domino bunk bed on your site. http://www.bigmickey.ie/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=74_142&products_id=2402

Could you clarify that you have in stock (i want to get kids settled in it asap) and that this is a single unit bunk bed, as opposed to being two separate singles joined together? (i find these not the the sturdiest tbh)

Cheers

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

Anyone looking for a Harrison bed or mattress at a discount (for next weekend ) should have a look at this thread on boards :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057191770

Anyone looking for a Harrison bed or mattress at a discount (for next weekend ) should have a look at this thread on boards :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057191770

Big shout out to Mick from bigmickey.ie.

Met me coming off the ferry with the bed I had ordered, kinda hard to beat a service like that tbh.

Bunk bed assembled and looking well in the kids room. .

First class service, couldn't recommend them enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭cant touchthis

Met me coming off the ferry with the bed I had ordered
    huh??

huh??

Needed bunk bed asap. Rather than wait on it being shipped from UK to his warehouse in Longford, then reshipping to my place, they met me, coming of a ferry from the UK before It got to Longford

Invoice/guarantee emailed shortly afterwards.

See how many other companies would offer a service like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Off to Big Mickeys in the morning to hopefully get a super king size bed.

Hope it lives up to the hype and I get an unreal comfortable bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Well it did live up to the hype I'm pleased to report.

Customer service was excellent, sound advice and plenty of information while putting no pressure on you at all or angling for a sale. Could test out beds all day if we wanted.

Ended up breaking our budget when we fell for a Harrison Pillow Top Super King Size but got a fantastic deal on it.

Thanks a lot to Big Mickey.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Talula_d

Is big mickeys open today? And if so is the sale on?

• Advertisement

Talula_d wrote: »
    Is big mickeys open today? And if so is the sale on?

Hi Talula_d

We are not open today. Herself will kill me if I don't take today off. You can pm me about what you need and include a contact number and I will call you back.

Thanks

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Talula_d

Pm sent! Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Pstj2000

@ Big Mickey.ie

Could you confirm if you have the following mattress in stock and give me a price including delivery to Cork.
    Pocket Spring Bliss Ortho 1000. (Kingsize)

Cheers
    P

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Buyingcar2012

I'm looking at buying a king size bed. I've never bought one before as only now buying a house.

I want to get a good quality mattress with a budget of €500 to €750. What would you recommend? I want to stay away from memory foam and to just get a pocket sprung one.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Jimfo1970

Got a double Airsprung bed with drawers and a headboard at the Big Mickey sale last weekend for €199 and delivered as promised with free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭davehey79

Jimfo1970 wrote: »
    Got a double Airsprung bed with drawers and a headboard at the Big Mickey sale last weekend for €199 and delivered as promised with free delivery.

Ah crap was in the market for something like this too. Wonder could I still get this deal? @bigmickey any chance???

davehey79 wrote: »
    Ah crap was in the market for something like this too. Wonder could I still get this deal? @bigmickey any chance???

They had lots of them there at the weekend anyways but there were guys with vans and trailers taking them when I was there. All you can do is contact them and ask.

davehey79 wrote: »

Hi davehey79

No problem. Just call and I will get you sorted. €199 for the lot. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 85,293 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Where is the best place in Cork for metal or iron bed frames?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

Are there any more of these double beds for €199 and do they include a double mattress and delivery? If so could you male me please Big mikey.

• Advertisement

Are there any more of these double beds for €199 and do they include a double mattress and delivery? If so could you male me please Big mikey.

Yep. A few left and more coming next Thursday. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

Yep. A few left and more coming next Thursday. Thanks

Could you mail me a picture? And also do you have simular in king size?

Got a cheap bed from bigmickey.ie a couple of weeks ago but quickly realised that we should have spent a bit more on a higher quality one. Anyways asked bigmickey yesterday about upgrading to "The Hilton" and paying the difference. We were expecting to get a negative result but to our surprise it was not a problem for them at all and it even gets better as they called this evening and exchanged all for us.

This week we lost all faith in Irish Business/ furniture retailers as we are one of the latest victims of the now failed Colossal Clearance (formally Cost Plus Sofa's) shutdown. I gave over €900 to this shower and without warning they closed their doors and there is no way of contacting them either as the phones are unanswered. Furthermore it has just been posted this evening on another thread here on boards that there has been another similar major scam in Belfast and that all these closures may be connected so everybody needs to be extra careful.

Anyways, a big Thank you to big mickey, we are seriously kicking ourselves that we did not order the sofas from them also but when we get the money together (however long it takes) we will be on the road to Longford and ordering from you next time. Thanks for exchanging the bed so quickly.

Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

The big mickey sale is on next weekend, anyone know if they would take an old mattresses away.

danjo-xx wrote: »
    The big mickey sale is on next weekend, anyone know if they would take an old mattresses away.

Yes. They took one for me on the initial delivery anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 santrybandb

Hello

I Need 10 to 12 zip n link beds for Wednesday July 2nd for a B + B in Dublin. Yes I know it's only 3 days away but they were ordered from a supplier and we have been let down. I could get away with 6 for Wednesday with the outstanding ones a few days later. Does anyone know of a supplier with good quality ones at a fair price that would supply in time ?

Thank you

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Big Mickey when is your next sale on and where are you based???

dar100 wrote: »
    Big Mickey when is your next sale on and where are you based???

The next one is Next weekend 4th to 6th July. We have a website www.bigmickey.ie but the best bargains are to be had in the shop and warehouse. We are based on the main N4 in Longford. Its the Dublin to Sligo road. Free delivery nationwide. Most items in stock- no waiting periods.

danjo-xx wrote: »

Yes. We take away old mattresses and they are disposed of properly through a registered disposal company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Gormal

Has anyone tried those Hybrid mattresses, they are half memory foam half pocket sprung? Thought they might be easier on the old bones ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement