Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Urgh!!!!" moments

Options
  • 09-03-2008 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

Moments that make you feel a little sick.

I was emptying the compost bin the other day, when I suddenly hear a sickening crunch.
    I look down, expecting to see a cracked and dying snail, yet another casualty of my big feet, but instead I see a little brown stick. I should note at this point, that there is little that I hate more than the craaak that follows stepping on a snail.
    Then I look closer, and realise that it is a half eaten mouse, its rib-cage torn open, its hind legs gone (though it hip bones were still there).
    Obviously some cat had killed it and forgotten to finish.
    I wiped my feet hurridly, I can tell you.

It got worse when I tried to put it in the bin. Using a shovel, I tried to scrape it into a plastic bag, but it just kept sliding around, and I kept jerking whenever I hit its eye. To make matters worse, the plastic bag kept filling with wind.
    Eventually I got it into the bag, when a gust of wind blew the bag into me, and I felt its little weight bang against my chest. Nasty.

Anyone else got any?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Reading that post..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

... look on the bright side.. you got big feet.. the wimmens must love you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

A good source of protein for a Fregan.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Bastard, you should of insisted they both get a state funeral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

'2 Girls 1 Cup' will suffice.

• Advertisement

Max_Damage wrote: »

Winner:eek:
    I spent a year trying to blot out that from my memory, not it's all flooding back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

That was shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,824 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Sherifu wrote: »
    That was shit.

Yeah, and 2girls 1finger was wretched

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

TBH, 'Two guys and a girl' was far worse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Damaged a snails shell once, glued it back together, It's fine, see it moving along the the compost fence from time to time.
    it was urgh !! moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

galwayrush wrote: »
    I spent a year trying to blot out that from my memory, not it's all flooding back.

Ha I was recovering from an operation when that came out so I wasn't in college, heard about it though. Rang a few of my mates and it turned out they were online in the canteen. I told them to check out that site, they didn't know what it was.

They watched the whole thing! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Having heard what that 2girls video is about, I have promised myself i'll never watch it, and I plan on sticking to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

It got worse when I tried to put it in the bin. Using a shovel, I tried to scrape it into a plastic bag, but it just kept sliding around, and I kept jerking whenever I hit its eye. To make matters worse, the plastic bag kept filling with wind.
    Eventually I got it into the bag, when a gust of wind blew the bag into me, and I felt its little weight bang against my chest. Nasty.

Anyone else got any?

Step 1: Stop being a pussy
    Step 2: Put hand in bag
    Step 3: Pick up mouse
    Step 4: Turn bag inside out
    Step 5: Put mouse in bin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Naos wrote: »
    Step 1: Stop being a pussy
    Step 2: Put hand in bag
    Step 3: Pick up mouse
    Step 4: Turn bag inside out
    Step 5: Put mouse in bin

In retrospect that would have been a good idea, but I didn't wanted to touch it. (Funnily enough, I don't mind living mice, just dead, disembowelled ones:rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

galwayrush wrote: »

This may help you make sense of it, it did for me.

The-Rigger wrote: »

HAHAHAHAH Brilliant:D

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Lmao! This guy makes an interesting point!!

My Uuurgh moment would have been at christmas this year when my dog ate tinsel and then erm, 'passed' it. But there were still some little stringy bits hanging on, so the OH and I had to hold her and 'remove' the poopy strands of tinsel. I was gagging the whole time! Worst episode ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Watched that 2 girls video ages ago it still haunts me!! I tried to show it to a friend of mine there recently and the sight wants you to join up and stuff. Couldnt find the video anywhere!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,017 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

There was the moment I brought back that Taiwanesse girl I met in Temple Bar and brought her back to my place. Kissed her lips, her breasts, her navel pulled down the panties, turned on by the fact that she was getting turned on, kissed the pubes and so on. When my chin hit something that shouldn't have been there, you'd think I knew better than to open my eyes, but did I?

No.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭whatsgoinon

the cat was messing with a mouse in the hall, not sure if it was dead or alive. I ignored it, BIG mistake, when i came out of my room, there was bits of mouse all over the place, I had to clean it up quick smart, before the old folks got home, so gross.

oh for the sqeamish, stop reading now.

There was a funny smell coming from the 'good' living room, after a few days of investigating, a dead mouse was found behind a potted plant. Mam went to pick it up to put it in a plastic bag using the tongs for the fire. The whole thing disintegrated and BILLIONS of maggots fell out of it, I ran and threw up, mam wasn't too far behind me. Dad had to clean the whole thing up, by the time he got home the maggots had buried into the carpet and he had to dig them out with a fork and a spoon. haven't been in that room since

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I was talking to a co-worker a few weeks ago and saw that there was a lump of snot dangling from the hairs of his nostrils.

Uuurrggghh!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

There was a funny smell coming from the 'good' living room, after a few days of investigating, a dead mouse was found behind a potted plant. Mam went to pick it up to put it in a plastic bag using the tongs for the fire. The whole thing disintegrated and BILLIONS of maggots fell out of it, I ran and threw up, mam wasn't too far behind me. Dad had to clean the whole thing up, by the time he got home the maggots had buried into the carpet and he had to dig them out with a fork and a spoon. haven't been in that room since

Maggots?
    Ya wimp :rolleyes:
    Ever seen a sheep dip? Ever wash out maggots with spray much like you shampoo your hair?
    Damn townies, think they're tough with their tracksuits and switchblades :D

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭whatsgoinon

micmclo wrote: »
    Maggots?
    Ya wimp :rolleyes:
    Ever seen a sheep dip? Ever wash out maggots with spray much like you shampoo your hair?
    Damn townies, think they're tough with their tracksuits and switchblades :D

far from a town i was reared, have pulled calves, dipped sheep and stood strong as grown men around me were pulling their sleeves over their faces as slurry was being spread. But maggots and cockroaches, just can't handle them at all. going to be having nightmares tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Gross ? A dead mouse ? Next time you take the cat to the vet look at the guys arm and realise that it has been up a cow's rectum or fanny a few times and shake hands on the way out. :D

P.S. They do wear gloves..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    There was the moment I brought back that Taiwanesse girl I met in Temple Bar and brought her back to my place. Kissed her lips, her breasts, her navel pulled down the panties, turned on by the fact that she was getting turned on, kissed the pubes and so on. When my chin hit something that shouldn't have been there, you'd think I knew better than to open my eyes, but did I?

No.
    Well, at least you knew better than to open your mouth ...

... didn't you?!

P.S. They do wear gloves..

Just ask them to take off the gloves before the hand shake.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Yeah. And maybe turn it inside out so it can be used again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

'2 Guys, 1 Cup' is horrific too!

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/26050ea6ee

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

i served my time with the (then) north-eastern health board, i used to do a lot of work in an old work-house that was converted into an old folks hospice.
    one time i was sent to change a bathroom heater (those dimplex-pull chord blow thingys), the old packed in heater had been up on the wall for about twenty years, anyhow i unscrewwd the cover, and when i pulled it away, about 2 lbs of dead dry skin flakes fell into my face, up my nose in my mouth.....aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh. it was the thought that the skin was from loads of now dead people that freaked me out!

ill not go into the time i was called into the morgue cos the freezer had packed in..

Advertisement