Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beating the bloat

• 26-05-2014 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

Hi all, would describe myself as a clean eater (with a sweet tooth that takes over on occasion!) I'm 9 stone. Heading on hols on Sunday and want to beat the bloat this week before I hit the beach, laying off the carbs and am thinking of having a high protein/green veg week with a lot of green smoothies etc. Has anyone any tips? Ps I'm not looking to lose weight just detox a bit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭red_0007

Drink lots of water - key part of any detox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

There is no such thing as a detox, that is just a marketing term to flog product. Laying off the carbs for a few days may just result in ketoflu and no benefits.

What do you mean exactly by beat the bloat?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

There is no such thing as a detox, that is just a marketing term to flog product. Laying off the carbs for a few days may just result in ketoflu and no benefits.

What do you mean exactly by beat the bloat?
    I am aware of this. Friends lay off carbs, drink smoothies, lots of spinach kale broccoli etc. My question is what do people to maximise bikini body before heading on hols? Like I said I eat clean and have good diet but want to make an extra effort this week

I am aware of this. Friends lay off carbs, drink smoothies, lots of spinach kale broccoli etc. My question is what do people to maximise bikini body before heading on hols? Like I said I eat clean and have good diet but want to make an extra effort this week

You cant accomplish much in a week without wrecking yourself. Drinking smoothies won't do anything. I'd advise you to not worry about it and just enjoy your holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭BearBanjer

I find IFing leaves me feeling better and not a bit bloated regardless of what I eat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,947 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

IFing is intermittent fasting I guess?

It is. :)

BearBanjer wrote: »
    I find IFing leaves me feeling better and not a bit bloated regardless of what I eat.

IF won't reduce bloating, if anything it will increase it as you eat more food in a smaller timeframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Thanks bearbanjer appreciate the reply. Will look into this for the future. I seem to be having a paleo week but going to relax closer to the weekend and unwind. I'm a very organised person in all aspects of my life. Being disorganised stresses me out so that's partly why I'm hard at myself diet wise.

• Advertisement

Thanks bearbanjer appreciate the reply. Will look into this for the future. I seem to be having a paleo week but going to relax closer to the weekend and unwind. I'm a very organised person in all aspects of my life. Being disorganised stresses me out so that's partly why I'm hard at myself diet wise.

Why are you considering IF?

IF won't reduce bloating, if anything it will increase it as you eat more food in a smaller timeframe.

Yes. In theory. There's lots of info hownit can reduce it. Inonky looked that up after I tried it.

I was looking to reduce bloating but for me it's a pleasant side affect.

Yes. In theory. There's lots of info hownit can reduce it. Inonky looked that up after I tried it.

I was looking to reduce bloating but for me it's a pleasant side affect.

There's a lot of info about how it increases bloating.

There's a lot of info about how it increases bloating.

I'm sure there is for those that it effects negatively, but speaking as someone for which it has the opposite effect, it's worth trying.

Not everyone is going to react the same way to how and what we consume. Shocking isn't it?

I'm sure there is for those that it effects negatively, but speaking as someone for which it has the opposite effect, it's worth trying.

Not everyone is going to react the same way to how and what we consume. Shocking isn't it?

Its nothing to do with individual reactions, its down to fundamental mechanics. If you eat more in a smaller window you will bloat more. IF increases bloating, it doesn't reduce it. If you find you bloat less this is down to a change in diet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

IF doesn't lead to bloating, rather eating or drinking something that disagrees with your body does. Certain foods have a tendency to cause bloating, e.g. nuts, wheat etc, so this should be investigated as well as any potential food allergies.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fat to ripped

Stay away from sugar alcohols and fructose if you're sensitive to bloating. Don't eat too much fibre too - too much = constipation. Keep hydrated.

Advertisement