Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail

• 16-06-2014 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

Do you prepare meals in advance? Is there any food that when you cook it you cook some for the next day as well?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

WhiteWalls wrote: »
    Do you prepare meals in advance? Is there any food that when you cook it you cook some for the next day as well?

Yes due to work I prepare all my food the night before and eat it all in work. Even before I started doing these hours I would cook dinner enough for two and bring in the second portion to work for lunch the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

I don't get much time during the week for cooking so I usually try to do two big dishes at the weekend and freeze single portions to use for dinners. I try prepare two or three lunches and breakfasts in a go aswell, saves massively on time when you can just grab something from the fridge and go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Bruno26

Yes. I either make double the amount at dinner time in evening and that's tomorrow's lunch or make a big pot of chicken tikka masala or some curry that does 4/5 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭COH

I cook on Sunday evenings for Monday-Wednesday then again on Wednesday evenings for Thurs-Sat.

Usually cook all my breakfasts (eggs) and dinners (red meat) fresh... so just meals 3,4,5 (turkey mince, green stuff, varying amounts of rice or sweet potato) (not including shakes) get prepped.

10419471_10152438166419641_8861819602948177049_n.jpg

10462919_10152421708944641_2375269385912761941_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Where is the Irish Turkey Mince from? I'm assuming Aldi or Lidl?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Aldi, great stuff. I mix it up with a little seasoning & grated parmesan to make turkey burgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,656 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Essien wrote: »
    Aldi, great stuff. I mix it up with a little seasoning & grated parmesan to make turkey burgers.

Touch of oyster sauce works a treat.

Aldi or Dunnes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

COH wrote: »
    Aldi or Dunnes

Do you throw the broccoli in raw?

I found when I cooked it then put it in lunchbox, it would stinking up the canteen when reheated

Do you throw the broccoli in raw?

I found when I cooked it then put it in lunchbox, it would stinking up the canteen when reheated

No I cook it with the green beans.. only for a couple of minutes though to soften it a bit. Broccoli only smells like feet when its over done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Essien wrote: »

Thanks! I've been meaning to start shopping in Aldi. I don't think I've been in an Aldi or Lidl in Ireland! Could probably save myself a small fortune too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

COH wrote: »
    No I cook it with the green beans.. only for a couple of minutes though to soften it a bit. Broccoli only smells like feet when its over done

Do you refrigerate or freeze your meals when prepped in the containers?
    How long do they last when cooked like that?

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

3-4 days refrigerated for most meals. Beyond that they will get a bit manky.

Do you refrigerate or freeze your meals when prepped in the containers?
    How long do they last when cooked like that?

3 days in sealed containers in the fridge... Sunday prep is good for Mon/Tues/Wed.... Wednesday prep is good for Thurs/Fri/Sat. Sundays are earmarked for refeeds going forwards (once I hit the 14 day 100% compliancy mark this weekend).

I still cook all my breakfasts and dinners fresh.

Advertisement