Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

Jaysus, was golfgraffix looking for autographs in his club last night???

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Could be some hassle in Parkhead tonight if Ireland take the lead or win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Sorry to hear your sad news Charlie. May she rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,803 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

In fairness - great team spirit in what is a B team for Ireland - some very good looking player on the Pitch
    Christie, McGoldrick, Pilkington, Brady.
    Have had good games.

I know it is not that important - but still nice to see young players coming on .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

FFS, left two sausages out on counter, ready to heat up for a snack, answered the doorbell to some loser and come back in to find my two cats tearing up the back path with a sausage each, little ba$t@rds

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭LinksLad

slave1 wrote: »
    FFS, left two sausages out on counter, ready to heat up for a snack, answered the doorbell to some loser and come back in to find my two cats tearing up the back path with a sausage each, little ba$t@rds

Cats be devious mo-fo's! ... At least
    dogs be honest mo-fo's! :mad::rolleyes::mad::rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Jesus, watching the Wales v South Africa game & the reply of de Villiers injury to his knee...Seriously nasty stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 27,073 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Recharged a car battery using my Golf Glider charger...might be useful info to someone, took pretty much 24 hours to go from empty to full.

Use at your own risk! (I didnt trust leaving it overnight or when out of the house, but no problem, no extra heat or anything)

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/international-rugby/paul-kimmage-rugby-has-to-face-up-to-its-growing-pains-30766512.html

I know Kimmage is calling a bit of a bluff now - but he has just implied that Irish Rugby has to face reality - that if it is in France - England - South Africa - Argentina , what is going on in Ireland.

The reaction of the rugby gang in Ireland has been interesting.

There is a complication between "medicalisation" and Growth hormone - legal an illegal treatment.

I've had concerns about what Rugby lads are at for a while. WIll be interesting to see how this one goes - but they have now put a red rag in front of Kimmage - Rugby here we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Anatom

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/international-rugby/paul-kimmage-rugby-has-to-face-up-to-its-growing-pains-30766512.html

I know Kimmage is calling a bit of a bluff now - but he has just implied that Irish Rugby has to face reality - that if it is in France - England - South Africa - Argentina , what is going on in Ireland.

The reaction of the rugby gang in Ireland has been interesting.

There is a complication between "medicalisation" and Growth hormone - legal an illegal treatment.

I've had concerns about what Rugby lads are at for a while. WIll be interesting to see how this one goes - but they have now put a red rag in front of Kimmage - Rugby here we go.

He's a beautiful writer isn't he, no matter what you think of what he says? So that makes what he says somewhat more compelling or believable. I'm not sure about the wind-up though, even if exposing le dopage is part of his thing.

Anyway, I have no problem believing that there is an amount of doping going in rugby. I remember when I was playing rugby at schools level (many, many years ago), there were people I heard about who were taking creatine at the time, and some I know who were offered it. It was supposed to build muscle, but the side effect was that it turned you into a "thicko" so it was easy to laugh at.

The thing about the Benezach story is that he doesn't seem to have any evidence bar the "they're too big, something must be going on" angle which, although plausible, needs something more. Professional rugby players seem to have levelled out in terms of physique. It used to be the case that New Zealand would turn up in the amateur era and would be so much bigger and faster than us. However, if you look at the two sides now, there's not a massive difference between them in that area anymore. That is the same for most, if not all, of the top ten nations. That would lead me to believe that there isn't a widespread issue because if there were, then all (or a very significant majority) of those countries would have to be involved.

I don't know what level of doping control there is here or at what levels (I don't think its present at AIL level - at least I've never seen it) players are tested from or for what substances. However, its unlikely that there is absolutely no shenanigans going on anywhere on this island.

Like you say, this'll be very interesting to watch...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,073 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I Listened to yer man on news talk the other night...basically it's that no one can normally put on that amount of muscle, especially in the time they do it. A French cop that was supporting the English team over there was given some stuff that gave gimme kg's of muscle in weeks...and some other side effects...

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Couples v Watson, on Sky Sports 4 now
    Mount Juliet 1997, worth a look

mafc wrote: »
    Couples v Watson, on Sky Sports 4 now
    Mount Juliet 1997, worth a look

Isn't Couples unreal at them Shell Wonderful World of Golf.

Isn't Couples unreal at them Shell Wonderful World of Golf.

Always plays well, bit of a bandit I'd say lol

Nice to see Mount Juliet

Always plays well, bit of a bandit I'd say lol

Nice to see Mount Juliet

If I remember it was jut as it opened - Birdied that and next one last year , beat Fred and Tom :p
    For 3 holes. From front (:D)

No, class course - I like it. Love the hotel too.

Has there been any place as successful as there in last 30 years.

Maybe druids is up with it.

Look at the crowds there for a 2 man show- that is why I was always confused with Irish Open not getting a sponsor.

That 4 th hole a bastard.

Look at the crowds there for a 2 man show- that is why I was always confused with Irish Open not getting a sponsor.

That 4 th hole a bastard.

4th hole, shanked my shot into water ha ha.
    Great to see them playing a course that you've played, it's only then you realise how good they are

4th hole, shanked my shot into water ha ha.
    Great to see them playing a course that you've played, it's only then you realise how good they are

I'm 2 up on both of them now - losers. :P

Can we end this game at 9 :D

I'm 2 up on both of them now - losers. :P

Can we end this game at 9 :D

No way I'm 2 down 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Are we permitted to talk about the elephant in the room mods?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

No

Mod edit - there is a post in the forum that covers the issue

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,487 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I have posted another (closed) thread - this is not a topic for discussion here

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭SevesThreeIron

Hi guys, just signed up as a new member, my second stint on this forum. Looking forward to chatting to everyone in the golf section.
    Seve's Three Iron.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Hi guys, just signed up as a new member, my second stint on this forum. Looking forward to chatting to everyone in the golf section.
    Seve's Three Iron.

Welcome.

Just wondering, why didn't you just re-activte your old account??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭SevesThreeIron

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Welcome.

Just wondering, why didn't you just re-activte your old account??

Honestly, I didn't even think of it. I've tweaked my handle name slightly also.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

Good afternoon to all.
    I've had to change my username slightly as i had used an old closed email address for my old account and was having no joy re activating my old account- (can anyone help?)
    I left the forum as i disagreed with things being said/done.

Things seem better here now.

(golf)Gorfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭shabalala

Took you're time didn't you...??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Welcome back, as that feckin song from that fecking film says "the past is in the past, let it go". Looking forward to your posts.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

Settle down, i come in peace.....

Advertisement