Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chat/general discussion thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

And a Merry Christmas to you too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Welp, this is the year NGE happens. Everybody get ready for Third Impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Sorry, but the Third Impact has been delayed due to interference by Anno with the English language release of 3.33, it is now scheduled for 2018.:p

IIRC the timeline of Rebuild is in 2016 (1.0) and 2017 (2.0) according to a EvaGeeks Wiki article.

IIRC the timeline of Rebuild is in 2016 (1.0) and 2017 (2.0) according to a EvaGeeks Wiki article.

I was making a reference about how ridiculously delayed the English language home release of 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo, an ironic title seeing as Hideaki Anno is making Funimation redo the English dub repeatedly which has caused its delay since its original release of February 2014. At this rate it won't be released here until after the Japanese theatrical release of 3.0 + 1.0 later this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 ShawC5

Happy New Year~!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

I really enjoyed the shorts from animatorexpo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Dartz

Try not to be sitting on the toilet when it all goes tang...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

So, has anyone heard that Hideaki Anno's involved in the next Toho Godzilla movie? :DSource

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

lorelei was a good movie

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

The director of Marnie has already left Ghibli so they have no active directors left.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

So I went on the Internet...and found a 25-year-old WRC-centred anime called "GODDAMN!" It's a bit crap. :o

There's another forum that I'm on which has a really active anime thread (~40-70 posts per day, but in its heyday it was something like 100) and one guy from New Zealand posted a picture of himself wearing a bin at a convention with various anime girls like Haruhi, Asuka, Rei, whatserface from Oreimo and a sign on the bin which read "YOUR WAIFU". :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm finding it funny that some anime are getting simuldubs like Gangsta and Prison School, with the dub being released alongside or near the original release. So they're getting those dubs right away yet we're still waiting on Evangelion 3.33

I'm still waiting for news on FINAL, 4.0 or whatever Anno is planning to call it. The secrecy around Rebuild is like Gran Turismo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I see there's a new D Gray man series coming out, Did they ever dub the rest of the episodes from the previous season ? I remember they dubbed the first 52 or something .

I see there's a new D Gray man series coming out, Did they ever dub the rest of the episodes from the previous season ? I remember they dubbed the first 52 or something .

Nope, only the first 52 episodes were ever licenced and dubbed, the rest of the episodes aren't even available for legal streaming.

Anyone going to subscribe to Funimation Now when it goes live before the end of the month? It costs €5 per month for a subtitle pass or €8 for an all access pass(subbed and dubbed anime).

Info available at http://www.funimationnow.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I'm probably gonna get the €5 pass, a fair few series I wanna watch have been announced (Assassination Classroom, Dimension W, more Grimgar, hopefully season 2 of Noragami).

I'm interested provided they have chromecast support.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 xword

So I went on the Internet...and found a 25-year-old WRC-centred anime called "GODDAMN!" It's a bit crap. :o

I found that a while ago. Its not great but better than some of the ****e made recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Lads I know we have a thread for this and I'm sorry, but it's not up to date so I'll ask here.

What're the best sites to buy manga in the EU? Amazon is really all I know of, if that's as cheap as it gets I'll stick with Sub City.

Lads I know we have a thread for this and I'm sorry, but it's not up to date so I'll ask here.

What're the best sites to buy manga in the EU? Amazon is really all I know of, if that's as cheap as it gets I'll stick with Sub City.

If I'm buying manga I'll check bookdepository first or forbidden planet in dublin since the 3 for 2 deal they have on manga generally brings them in line with international prices.

If you have a tablet and aren't opposed to digital the kindle versions of manga are often a good bit cheaper.

I know with Yen Press the first volume of a lot of their series is about 3 euro with the rest of the volumes being normally priced.

megaten wrote: »
    If I'm buying manga I'll check bookdepository first or forbidden planet in dublin since the 3 for 2 deal they have on manga generally brings them in line with international prices.

If you have a tablet and aren't opposed to digital the kindle versions of manga are often a good bit cheaper.

I know with Yen Press the first volume of a lot of their series is about 3 euro with the rest of the volumes being normally priced.
    Agree with this.

Would also add Comixology to the list. They are now owned by Amazon, while they don't have as good a range as the Kindle store you pay in Euro and can be cheaper than buying the Kindle version. The Kindle version of Knights of Sidonia 15 is currently £6.75 on the Kindle store, I purchased it for €6.99 on Comixology.

Obviously as they only sell comics light novels are not available on Comixology.

I got the free month with funimation but tbh i wont be subbing because the shows arent buffering properly,every 2 minutes it has to buffer and its really annoying, I sent messages twice to support asking them if it was a problem my end or there's and got no reply so they wont be getting any money off me, pity because they have a decent selection.

I got the free month with funimation but tbh i wont be subbing because the shows arent buffering properly,every 2 minutes it has to buffer and its really annoying, I sent messages twice to support asking them if it was a problem my end or there's and got no reply so they wont be getting any money off me, pity because they have a decent selection.

Get in touch on twitter, they are pretty good at responding.

Haven't had this problem myself. Had issues subscribing and logging in when it launched though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Do you have adblock or anything on?

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Do you have adblock or anything on?

Hmmm, not at the computer atm but will have a look.

Advertisement