Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cheeckiest thing ya ever siad to a teacher

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Cousin once asked our religion teacher (who was a right pain in the hole tbh), "Miss, if you had no legs would you still wear tights?"

"No of course not!"

"Well why are you wearing a bra then!"

Detention awaited!

He used to regularly tell her he was the devil aswell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

stovelid wrote: »
    Think I'd last as a teacher for about two weeks before putting someone through a window tbh....

Your obviously the patient sort. I'd do that before lunch on the first day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

In religion class, had this awful old style priest teacher all he did was give out, pick on students and make lists for who's getting detention that week. He hated me I was always a bit mouthy back in school, one day he turns to me and blurts out...

" X...silence immediatly or else"

Me - "Why Fr, what are you going to do rape me?"

3 weeks suspention...I'd say it again..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Told a teacher to fück off once. In context, he was an old history teacher who handled discipline the old fashioned way, the German guy behind me got a question wrong, the teacher couldn't reach him to punch him so he punched me in the arm instead. My gut reaction was to tell him to fück off, which he didn't actually realise until the guy next to me went "WAAAY! He told him to fück off!". So he grabbed me by the shirt and said "Inside every nice guy, there's a knacker waiting to get out". Still laugh when I see him in town nowadays, retired and now just a bitter old man with no authority.

His son also teaches in the same school, who took an instant dislike to me before we even started school. Being a "rugby school", we had rugby camp the summer before 1st year. Apparently he remembered me laughing at the word "hooker" when he was naming out the different rugby positions. Later that week he threatened to kick me off the course because I cursed when a try I scored was disallowed.

When we started school, he was a prick. When I had him for class he was grand because I generally worked and answered questions. Outside, he was a sarcastic and petty cünt. The kind of person who would walk into a free class and confiscate a CD player just to piss you off. When we got to the last week in 6th year, he was a marked man. This operation involved his classroom, 6 men and 3 super-soakers. We waited in his class (his 4th years found this hilarious) until he walked in. Two guys guarded the back windows and another guy blocked the door from the outside. We stepped out and soaked the shyte out of him. He tried to escape, but couldn't. When leaving the room one of the lads turned around and gave him one last shot to the groin area so it looked as if he had pissed himself. Had been waiting for 6 years for that and didn't get in trouble as it was the last day and the school was worried about more "serious" pranks!

After our graduation ball, we decided to go back up to school the next morning, still half cut and call into classes. It was all going grand until we hit his. Trying to look cool in front of his 3rd years, he started laying into us with comments about only buying suits for court appearances and such. Just as we were leaving, he tried to have the last word. This was not going to happen. Before the door closed I popped my head back around and explained to his class that "he acts like a big man to compensate for tiny penis". Door slam. Last time I saw him until a few years later I went back up to the school to talk to one of my ex German teachers about teaching. He was perfectly grand then!

Other times we put a H-Dip's car up for sale around the school and hi-jacked the intercom for a pirate radio broadcast. Good times!

The funniest thing about this is that I'm now a teacher and I fully acknowledge the fact that I was a bästard to teach!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

told a teacher from dublin that he should have stayed in dublin as at least then he would be with his own kind(meaning sumbags) he kept me back after class to talk to me(he was hated in the school for being a c1nt)
    was kept in the class for an hour as he went on about respect to teachers bla bla bla.got my own back as he was the manager of the soccer team and we won some cup so we all graped him and help him down in the shower and him with a new shiny suite on him.

have meet him since he was sound as **** he packed in the teaching and ****ed off to japan for a few yrs them took it up again he said this time a lot more chilled out

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

This thread makes me laugh. I wish I had the guts to stand up to one or two teachers I had in my school.

There was one teacher in particular that good Lord when I see her now she still makes me cross

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Students nowadays have it handy. They have whole website to bitch about teachers. Shocking to see some teachers I had have some great ratings who were really disliked when I was there.
    http://www.ratemyteacher.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

God I wouldn't be a teacher for all the tea in China...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

This is a 'you had to have been there' thread. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

God I havent laughed that much in ages!!!

I was always the quiet one in school, wish I had stood up for myself a bit more. I did stand up for my self one day, but it wasnt funny and I didnt get in trouble.
    I remember the pranks we pulled on the last day, before we graduated from secconday. Robbed the skelton for the biology lab dressed it up and put it on the stage with "girls just wanna have fun" playing.
    we also robbed the virgin mary statue from the religion room, and put the school camoige kit on it and left it out on the pitch.

ah those were the days! LOL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭shoelaceface

oh it was one of those COCKY ARROGANT teachers.... thought he was the bees knees!!

before class started he was talking to students, i was turned talking to the person behind me... the entire class was talking. But he wasnt too keen on me for some reason, so he picked me out of the entire class and shouted at me for talking! it went like this:

Teacher: 'Shoelaceface, turn around NOW and stop talking.

When i turned around to face him he said, now isnt that a better view.

I said, not from this angle sir (because i was looking at him)

He left me off with it actually.

There was another teacher who was from Kerry and he gave us a free class one day and so we were all telling jokes (he was involved). He laughed at all kinds of jokes, the meaner the better. Then someone said how come there was no Kerry people in Riverdance........ because they thought they would have to dance on water. He went beserk, gave us extra homework and everything!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭DubTony

NothingMan wrote: »

Just checked up a guy on this. He's still there almost 30 years later.

Only had one run-in with him. I'd a lot of respect for him as a teacher, so much so that I never missed his class. Except once.

One morning we had him for Maths, and he didn't turn up. That afternoon, we had him for Science and I didnt turn up, knowing that the other teachers wouldn't give a shite who was in the class.

The next day he pulled me aside, after I'd been informed that he'd shown up in the afternoon, and asked me where I was.

"Well, you didn't show up for my maths class in the morning, so I didn't show up for your science class in the afternoon."

It seems it was the straw that broke the camels back and I was "advised" by the principal that I shouldn't return to the school after the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

This is pure 'you had to be there' moment, and actually not that funny but I had totally forgotten about this till I saw this thread...

Transition Year, and I was fairly annoyed at all the useless (I felt, and still do) stuff we had to do in that whole year... Was the biggest waste of my teenage life, but I digress...

So we had another useless, pointless exercise in German class, where we were going to paint easter eggs like they do in Germany, apparently.

I didn't bring the supplies to paint eggs, as I didn't think it was going to be of any use to me to participate. Some other girls didn't either, and our excuse was that we forgot to bring the stuff in.

Had to write an essay on 'Forgetfullness'. Next day, all the forgetful people had written the 2 page essay... Me, well I 'forgot'... Teacher was sound enough to see the funny side, and I was class hero for a day... Only for a day though :(:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,268 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

For a quiet guy who got one of the better leaving certs in my year I had my share of run ins with teachers...

There were two different teachers I squared up to and invited to deck me so I could hit back in the knowledge we'd both be suspended but their suspensions would be without pay. The first was itching to belt me but thought better of it and the second was so surprised he didn't know what to do...

The one I'd have been known best for in school though wouldn't have been anything I said though... I got caught having a banter with one of the other lads by a fairly reasonable English teacher who decided it'd be great craic to make me teach the class since I "obviously knew it all". So, I took over the class whilst he sat in my desk clipping the guy who sat in front of me playfully about the ears and (as he'd have called it) "generally acting the maggot".

"So", thinks I, "I'm the teacher, so I'll do what most of other teachers would do to a lad who's messing" and hurled the chalk duster at his head whilst roaring out "*****, behave yourself!"

To be fair, he dodged it and took it as the joke it was. The rest of the class were just sitting there with their jaws on their desks wondering how I got away with it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hoff1

Our maths teacher caught one of the lads chewing gum in class one day and said " swallow that or spit it out" without thinking i went "thats what she said last night" few ppl started laughing with a few in shock luckly enough teacher didnt hear me and when she asked me what i said i just played dumb haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

hoff1 wrote: »
    Our maths teacher caught one of the lads chewing gum in class one day and said " swallow that or spit it out" without thinking i went "thats what shehe said last night" few ppl started laughing with a few in shock luckly enough teacher didnt hear me and when she asked me what i said i just played dumb haha
    FYP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

in detention this girl kept talking and the teahcer wasnt happy with her so he shouted at her "be quiet X!"

then she replies "shouting just makes ya louder, doesn't make you right!"

she got put into the principals office...suspension..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭REXER

Way back in the 70's we had a wood work teacher that was hard of hearing and it was a fairly regular occurance that he was asked "can I fcuk your daughter?" When he asked what? the response was always "can I have a drink of water?
    He never copped on and must have though that he was slowly losing his marbles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I was a pup, no doubt about it. The one incicent that I still remember was with my commerce teacher in 3rd yr. He had me sitting front and centre, as teachers do with the bold boys:rolleyes:
    Anyway, I was having a quiet chat with the lad to my left during class then out of nowhere 'BAM'!! ...the fecker gave me a whack on the head with his weapon of a pen. It was a proper belt and this was no biro by the way, it was a metal yoke with the inscription 'to Anthony, all my love, KAY'. Supressing tears I replied - 'Well Anthony, hows Kay? Still giving those novelty pens out to all the lads?'
    Obviously no one else in the class got it but him, I'll always remember his reaction - a couple of seconds of shock before a broad smile enveloped his craggy old face. The class went on as if if nothing happened and I never did get a thump from that pen again. Good times:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I was quiet guy in school and in irish i hadn't a clue the teacher was useless he was involved in an incident with a student every year.

I had the joy of having him for irish and english.

In one English class he had said i was stupid and shouldnt be doing higher level. Great confidence building for me that was.

One day I was in his irish class having no interest

I was at the back of the class doodling and got caught.

Lowry - Mr Brown what are you doing
    Me - Doodling
    Lowry - Come up here and show us your work
    *walk up to the class and show my scribbling
    Lowry - Now why where you doing that

that point i snapped

Me - Because your a sh1t teacher no one in this class/school respects you you can't teach for sh1t and i've tried to get moved to a better teacher but can't.

He was a big man and had been known to puck a few kids before.
    The rest of the class went quiet.
    He growled at come with me to the vice principles office

As we left the class a huge cheer went up

Had to tell the VP what i had said and to this day i remember Mr Johnston had a slight smile on his face.

After that the teacher "retired" that summer rumours going around he had gotten a load more complaints before my outburst.

So yeah my one bit of rebellion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

I said a couple of weeks behind a teachers back "shes such a bitch" and that is the worst, of course she heard me but she had no truth so could do nothing. Aswell as giving evil eyes to a bitch of a teacher that always says i do nothing in he when i wash all the dishes, just because a so called SENSIBLE girl says i didn't , shes always nagging me aswell... just because shes stressed out.. bitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

O yeah, remember another one,

We had this really camp teacher he had this really feminate voice.

Me and One of the lads where working in the leisureplex and i had managed to get a snap of him in the dinosaur suit with the helment off.

This went around the math class before the teacher had arrived and ended on his desk

When he came in someone had written on the photo in a sharpie

Happy Valentines day Sir, I love you.

It was Feb 14th too.

So when the teacher see's it a big smile breaks out on his face and he says in the most effeminate voice ever

"Ah Karl ya shouldn't have"

The rest of the class didnt know it was written on it till he showed it to the class

Karl started laughing and couldnt stop,

After 10 mins he was thrown out of the class for being a nuicence.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Insane Rambling

Not so much cheeky, but a bit mean tbh..

Was messing in English class one day because we had a sub teacher. I must have taken it a bit too far and got ejected from the class. So I picked up my bag, stormed for the door and screamed "F**k you, you fat slut". As soon as I opened the door I clashed heads with someone… It was only the principal who had been listening to the whole thing. Grabbed me by the scruff of the neck and dragged me to his office. Suspended for a week for that one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

i was never a goody goody bur i wasnt a scumbag either i was always in the middle at school i like everyone else in my year had some magical ones but i forget most of them the one that got me into the most trouble was when our french teacher said something pure ridiculous and annoying so i told her to "stop talking complete and utter bull****
    another time the ( very sexy) home ec teacher was carrying a tray of cakes and scones and stuff across the assembly area so i screamed at the top of my lungs "miss youve got some lovely buns"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Teacher is giving out about something or other.

Eventually, the teacher shouts 'STOP'.

Someone pipes up from the back row: 'Hammertime'.

• Advertisement

Me Me wrote: »
    Miss that's quuare ignorant, still can't remember why I said it tho:)

"quuare" your obviously from fethard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

another one we had a sub english teacher and we were discussing a poem about children and the teacher asked the class

"and why would someone want a child?"

i said

"for the childrens allowance"

was thrown out for that one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭yeah?

I think I was in 2nd or 3rd year when this happened, anyway..
    My old English teacher hated all my friends but most of all me, I don't know why and I still don't.
    She's give out to us over nothing, favour the little blonde bimbos covered in fake tan and mark me lower then I knew i deserved.
    I never said a thing.

One day I was walking to school with a friend of mine, we had her that morning in class. Running accross the road cause the lights were just about to turn red. I didn't really look to see what was coming my way and a learner driver jammed on the breaks and beeped the horn at us, we just ran off and went to class.

We're all sitting in class and the teacher comes to the door asking to see me outside. I go to talk to her, not realising it was actually her car. She starts roaring and shouting at me saying 'IF I HIT YOU I WOULD NEVER GET MY LICENCE!' blah blah blah.. I was like 'F*ck off, it was green for us, and you were driving out of control, I could make sure you don't get your licence now so don't give out to me for your f*cking wreackless driving!'

She didnt say a thing after that, but still continued to treat me and all my friends like sh*t.

Do not like that woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

I literally shouted down the corridor "you're a f**king w*nker" at one of mine. It got me right to the brink of expulsion. Somehow I managed to stick around.

I think that probably stretches the bounds of "cheeky" though.

there was a lad went to my school i work in the same shop as him now he's sound out.there was this absolutely savage irish teacher at the time and in his 5th year a few of his friends paid him 20 euro to grab her ass. he did it and got suspended for 2 weeks he didnt last long after though

• Advertisement

yeah? wrote: »
    I think I was in 2nd or 3rd year when this happened, anyway..
    My old English teacher hated all my friends but most of all me, I don't know why and I still don't.
    She's give out to us over nothing, favour the little blonde bimbos covered in fake tan and mark me lower then I knew i deserved.
    I never said a thing.

One day I was walking to school with a friend of mine, we had her that morning in class. Running accross the road cause the lights were just about to turn red. I didn't really look to see what was coming my way and a learner driver jammed on the breaks and beeped the horn at us, we just ran off and went to class.

We're all sitting in class and the teacher comes to the door asking to see me outside. I go to talk to her, not realising it was actually her car. She starts roaring and shouting at me saying 'IF I HIT YOU I WOULD NEVER GET MY LICENCE!' blah blah blah.. I was like 'F*ck off, it was green for us, and you were driving out of control, I could make sure you don't get your licence now so don't give out to me for your f*cking wreackless driving!'

She didnt say a thing after that, but still continued to treat me and all my friends like sh*t.

Do not like that woman.

Thats like that auld cow of a he teacher who shouts at you if you ask for help.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

One teacher shouted asking am I deaf? I replied 'what'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Nolanger wrote: »
    One teacher shouted asking am I deaf? I replied 'what'?

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

My Irish teacher who had a stutter was giving out to a good few people in our class before our orals for doing little work, when really we had done a fair amount. Starts giving out to me

"Look at you, you've done very little work, you're sitting there smirking and going into your oral in a hour"
    "I'm grand for it sir, I've done more than enough work"
    "Don't give me that crap, you've done nothing"
    "Right ye whatever sir"
    "And tell me, what are you going to done when you go in and realise you're screwed and haven't got a notion" (This pissed me off, long story)
    "Well then sir I'll guess I'll use your technique, I'll slur and stutter all my words like a ****ing retard"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

never really mouthed off to any teachers in school, the ones I didnt like I just ignored..

One in particular was our PE teacher, a complete gobsh*te who loved himself and thought he was gods gift to the world.. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I loved basketball, but in 1st year I tried out for the school team and he informed me not to bother as I would never be any good..

2 years later I was on the senior club team which was linked to the school and regularly kicking his ass on the court, as he played on the clubs second team, so a local derby was an interesting and fun affair for me, not so much for him as half the team felt the same was as I did about him and to say he got the beating of his life was an understatement.. usually from me as I was marking him.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,825 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

our construction studies teacher was the strictest old skool bollix of a man you could ever meet.
    one day he asked me "how are you today?" and for no reason i simply said "ahh yano yerself sir, same sh!t different day!"..a smile cracked along his stoney aul face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Do some people not realise that calling a teacher a 'wanker' etc is probably like water off a ducks back?

I told a teacher to shut up once. It was MAJOR at the time but looking back now it was actually really stupid.

Do some people not realise that calling a teacher a 'wanker' etc is probably like water off a ducks back?

I told a teacher to shut up once. It was MAJOR at the time but looking back now it was actually really stupid.

Yea, for teachers that do my head in i have no patience for them, i don't be nice to them i don't care, but for ones that are really bad you should be aloud to say something to them, sure we have a pe teacher who calls people pricks etc... i don't like him, he shouldn't be teacher if hes for doing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

owenc wrote: »
    sure we have a pe teacher who calls people pricks etc... i don't like him, he shouldn't be teacher if hes for doing that.
    But it's totally grand when it's the other way around yeah?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Went on a rant about how a certain teacher was being a b*tch to me and the class. I was out for a week because of a car crash and sure enough as soon as I sat down in class she barks at me to stand up. I just about get to my feet when she starts shouting questions and looking for answers to the others, comes to me and asked me something and I said "I don't know miss, I was out" cue this happening five times and me getting a head ache. "Miss I don't know and I really don't freaking care ok!? I was in a freaking car crash and I can barely walk, so you can shove your attitude up your ass and stop picking on me because I don't know your f*cking answers!" She stood there and you could just see her jaw dropping. Ah secondary school:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

To our "take-no-prisoners-old-school" science teacher one day, when he was in particular ball-busting mode...

'Are you wearing eye liner?'

Innocent enough, but it earned me a week's detention...

So worth it...

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Gary4279

Once got an essay entitled 'the day in the life of a blade of grass' for being a little cnut. wrote the best essay that teacher has ever seen, he even congratulated me on my literary marvel.

English class, roughly a week before my junior cert. I was reading the football pages of the paper on my desk. after a while the teacher copped it and asked what i was studyin.

Teacher: what are you studying there?

Me: Media Studies. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I stole this off Gordon Strachan, but it's how fast (excuse the pun) I thought of it that counts. I'd been up to general scallywag behaviour:

Principal: Can I have a quick word?
    Me: Velocity

Cheeky cúnt.....:p

or when I fell asleep in class:

Teacher: Are you sleeping in my class?
    Me: I'm trying to, but you're not making it very easy.

Both of the above earned me a detention... worth it, IMO!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Markom5a

Ah my type of thread! My german teacher is an incompitant a**hole who someday I will kill. But that's beside the point!

Many things were said but my proudest had to be when he told me to stop talking, when I hadn't said a word!

Anyway a screaming match followed and when he said he swore on the bible I promptly replyed I'll fcuk the bible at your head you (insert string of the most foul abusive language you can imagine)

Best bit was i didn't get suspended!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Markom5a wrote: »
    I'll fcuk the bible at your head you

I lol'd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭FunnyStuff

Some good ones on this thread.

When in first year, my Business Studies teacher (who was a fine thing incidentally) standing in front of my desk writing on the board, so i reached my hands forward to pretending to squeeze her ass, i turn around and smile at my mates just as she takes a step back and i grab a handful of her fine ass.

To be fair to her, she gave me a talking to but was fine about it really. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Smokin_Aces

I once told a Christian brother not to bother checking me as I only have a small knob and it wouldn't be good for him to play with. He grabbed me by the collar and dragged me to the principals office. While on the way I was screaming he's a peado, he's a peado and that I'm being raped. Was given the name ''Devils incarnate'' for the rest of my school duration, was banned from school masses and whatnot. Got into so much trouble but it's a giggle every now and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Saying cheeky things to teachers without ending up outside the principals office was indeed an artform in itself. The secret was really what age you were and what year of school you were in.

I was a good student, but I often gave a bit of cheek or had a bit of banter with the teachers and always got away with it...

We had a witch of an english teacher, well she turned out fairly helpful in the end but one day we were revising Macbeth and she was trying to draw a "mind-map" on the board. She was trying to draw a witch and she said Oh I dont know how to draw a witch... I said, quick as a flash, "Have a look in the mirror miss"... It was one of those cases where I just said it, and as I said it I tried to suck it back in again but it was no good. All the lads were like Oooohhh but she was trying to hold in the laughter herself... she knew she was hung dry... but she got me back with some smart comment again after that.

And that was the beauty of some of my teachers, they were up for a bit of banter, they werent straight out with the referral book, they'd admit defeat but they would get you back again later...

My Irish teacher was the biggest legend ever, we had such craic with him. He was a cool guy, but was kind of "going over the hill" His hair was going grey and he was getting the odd wrinkle on his forehead.

One day we were doing a poem about this woman who goes to this island when she is feeling down. She says in the poem "In this Island my hair stops going grey and I stop getting wrinkles" (The teacher was translating it for us). As soon as he said it I looked up and I caught his eye and I said, "God sir you could do with a trip to that Island.." And again he put the head down and tried to hold in the laughter.

But needless to say that Irish teacher got me back good and put me in my place too. He was such a legend, he is the principle of a school now, some legend of a man.

But that was the secret, find the teachers that dont mind the banter and will give back as good as they get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I once told a Christian brother not to bother checking me as I only have a small knob and it wouldn't be good for him to play with.

I'd hazard a guess that this only encouraged him further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

DanHendrix wrote: »
    Im a movie fanatc.Will Ferrell is god.

Contradiction anyone?

Advertisement