Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Division 3 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

fatgav wrote: »
    Looking for receiver help if anyone wants a trade (Show Me Your TDs)

Big game between us with playoff implications this week!

After a bad start The Fumblers have won 4 in a row to get to 6-5 and give themselves a chance at a post season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

pZx7s.png

vHEiC.png

Go Snue Gliffers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lockout Legends have been on the slide since starting so well. Win and in this week. Lose and out. Huge game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

My Goats were doing pretty good over the past few weeks but easily beaten this week and looks like I'm locked out of the playoffs now :-( had the horrible start with Forte and Jackson going down but there's still the consolation trophy and more importantly avoiding relegation to play for at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

niot been good for me with worst record, did ok on points but struggled with 16 team format, probably different way to draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Hanging in their with regards to the playoffs after winning 3 on the bounce. Need a minor miracle though this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

My team is now 5-7 so is out of the playoff picture. Had trouble at RB all season, firstly with CJ2K playing like he forgot how to and then Murray getting injured.

Of my 5 wins 4 were against the teams ranked directly after me so by my reckoning I should be safe from relegation even if they all win and I lose...

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

I've really enjoyed this years ff even though I got handed a team that I didn't necessarily want, (misses the draft and never made rankings) It looks as though I'm sat in the final 4th spot of the league. Doomed for relegation, is there anyway it can be avoided seeing as if I win my last game and others loose ahead of me. In on 4-8 while some of my rivals lie on 5-7, how is it decided if its a level score, I.e what determines the higher overall ranking?

Sorry il narrow that down. What happens if you're score is level with your opponent above you in the overall rankings at the end of the regular season. How is it determined who goes through if level?

Sorry for the confusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Aaaaaaaaaaah crap just dropped Cecil Shorts by mistake :o, hope none of ye are interested in him :)

• Advertisement

Well i see Cecil Shorts has been snapped up :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Well i see Cecil Shorts has been snapped up :rolleyes:

I picked up Shorts because I didn't know you had accidentally dropped him. I'll let him go again and hopefully he'll be returned to his rightful owner :P

barbarians wrote: »
    I picked up Shorts because I didn't know you had accidentally dropped him. I'll let him go again and hopefully he'll be returned to his rightful owner :P

No Point letting him go now sure as you know the league ends today, not that it mattered anyway, i'm pretty sure im relegated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

If Tom Brady has any rushing TDs I'll cry. Danny Woodhead also coming down with some sickness that keeps him out for just this game would be nice as well.

Well assuming that Santana Moss doesn't let loose and score 37 points tomorrow night it looks like I've managed to avoid relegation :D

Happy enough with that result for the season considering my injury problems at RB early on and hopefully I'll get a chance to make a good run at the consolation trophy :cool:

There were 2 weeks where I could have scraped a win with better player selection which could have had me in the play-off picture which is pretty annoying but nothing I can do about that now :(

3 weeks with the top score though isn't too bad so obviously did something right with my draft and the week I scored 130 to come second in the week I was only in second to 137 (Doug Martin week where he though it was a game of Madden on rookie mode bet me:p )

Still though hovering around relegation sucks balls but there's always next year to improve my position :cool:

All assuming Santana Moss doesn't go mad - if he does I could actually get relegated which would be ****e craic altogether :o

Finished the season with a win so end up with a record of 6-7 which is an improvement on the 5-8 record I had in this division last season. I can also finish no worse than 10th which is also an improvement on my final ranking of 11th last season.

Have this week off but will be back the week after for my semi in the consolation bracket :)

Playoff time lads :D this consolation prize is mine :cool:

Heyward-Beye the fecker scored more against me though already than he scored in the couple of weeks combined when I had him at the start of the season so chasing points already but projections are setting it up for a very close finish between me and Project Arcturus, hopefully will be a good matchup anyways

Well that's it for my season - if I had any hope the Seahawks D putting up 40 points kinda ****ed me over :o

What an epic of a game going on between myself and the Baa Baas.

At several times today it's looked over for both teams but with Foster to play tomorrow, I need just 2 points from him to win.

9ho1vn.png

• Advertisement

Promotion :D

Semi Finals this week now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

SantryRed wrote: »
    Promotion :D

Semi Finals this week now!!

Congrats man, you beat me out to promotion in our tussle last week :(

Really was a very close match-up but Foles putting 30 points on the board really gave you a leg up. Marshawn Lynch turning Beast Mode onto full blast was the final nail in the coffin for me really as Arian Foster was always going to overcome the 2 point deficit on M.N.F.

Good luck in the semi-finals and don't worry about me I've got the 5th place playoff to keep me busy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭persie11

Only 1hr to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Who was GM of Div 3 last year?

Who was GM of Div 3 last year?

I can't remember - but the league was reactivated there the other day so GM must still be around somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    I can't remember - but the league was reactivated there the other day so GM must still be around somewhere

If someone clicks on the Owners tab there will be a silhouette of a dude beside the Leagues Owner/GM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

BastardPrince was the GM last year, but he said in the main thread that he won't be able to do it this year - so I guess its open to whoever wants to take it on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Someone offered in the main thread. I don't care who it is as long as it's not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭niall1811

i said in the main thread that i'll do it, just need whoever was GM last year to transfer it over to me and i'll take it from there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

PM Bastardprince. Get him to remove two teams that are promoted, and invite you (he'll have to put the numbers back up to 16 before you can accept invite). Once in get him to transfer league rights to you and thats you sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

handover to niall1811 is complete from what i can tell

• Advertisement

Yeah its complete, just want everyone to post their team names in here now so i can make sure everyone's in the right division and that everyone's playing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Team of Rivals

Blue Mountain Goats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Royal Meath Eagles

manafanas steelers

alright Spongey sent me the list of all the teams that should be in Div 3, i'm gonna set about booting the players that were promoted/relegated last year and send out the invites for the new players to join, i'll PM anyone who's email address i need for them to join later on tonight when i have it sorted.

Henry Le Cheat

I've last years promoted/relegated teams booted and the replacement players contacted so once they reply and join we're ready to go, will set up a poll for draft date closer to the time, obviously will be between the last game of preseason and the first game of regular season.

Warfield's Warriors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

The Klique is in after promotion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Project Arcturus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

Pitches Be Crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Fighting Irish

Witty Tanks

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

Blu York Giants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

Any word on a draft date??

I'll put up a poll coming into the final week of preseason with a hope to having the draft a day or two after preseason ends so there's time for tweaking of the teams before the season begins. The poll will be up long enough for everyone to have a say and majority rules on the date and time.

Any news on the draft day?

http://doodle.com/4sm376g9pkrcqezz
    As i said here's the poll for the draft date, it will be open until friday/saturday, hopefully long enough for all to cast a vote. I've only put monday, tuesday and wednesday on as i dont think a draft on a weekend is a good idea, and i haven't gone for 6 or 7 pm as an option as i would say some league members wont be in from work in time for that! Click the link and vote as soon as possible and we'll get this division going :D

• Advertisement

IM IN reason for avoiding 9pm monday for me was due to being in draft at that time so prefer do one at time

Advertisement