Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subscription boxes available in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Quiet thought I was having same issue as you. I went on FB and posted a bit post which detailed my experience with them so far. I kept updating that post as I went along. Like you I had no joy getting to them by phone (they do not seem to answer it) and they ignore emails. The only success I had was in tormenting them, oh and contacting my credit card company who were excellent and v helpful.

I am very glad I only placed a once off order as it has put me off having a subscription for life!

I'd request a refund for the voucher if you can?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

Unfortunately GBs customer service is shoddy to say the least. I have been subscribed off and on for about 2 years and really only resubscribe for special offers or for boxes I have an interest like the Harrods one they had earlier in the year.

I have ordered boxes that took 2-3 weeks to arrive but most take about a week- I've found contacting them is pointless as it takes them ages to get back to you and when they do its not a satisfactory response anyway. The only thing is the boxes do eventually turn up and if its products you will actually use, they are great value. I think a lot is to do with the novelty factor too..like getting a birthday present.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

Just received the following email from GB re the September box:

DEAR CUSTOMER,

We are writing to you to apologise for the delay in you receiving your September Glossybox.

We have only just been notified that due to circumstances beyond our control at our warehousing company, that a number of dispatch boxes had been delayed. We can now confirm that the boxes have been dispatched and at latest you should have your box by Saturday, 28th September.

We can only apologise profusely for any inconvenience and upset caused. It is not at all how we usually operate and are enforcing new controls to ensure this doesn't happen again.

As a valued customer we are sending you some extra products to enjoy. This gift has left our warehouse today, as is also on its way to you.

Again we apologise, and sincerely hope you enjoy your future boxes with us.

Kind Regards,

The Glossybox team

That's a first but it's obviously affecting uk customers as we'll if they felt they need to apologise as they never have before. Be interesting to see what free gift is...probably some leftover products from past boxes but won't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Quiet_thought

I continuously tweeted them until I got a response. I must say that the guy who emailed me was very helpful. He looked into why my box was missing and told me that's how they found out about the warehouse mistake.
    I was actually really impressed with how he handled the situation!
    Even though it did take a bit of pestering, it is nice to see a company apologising to their customers.
    So hopefully we will all have our September boxes next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Chloe29

After my previous glowing review , my September box has been 'lost in transit' :-( Hopefully they sort their problems soon as really like the boxes and as they are great value for money want to continue getting them!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Still waiting for mine as well.. A week and a half since I got dispatch notice

And they don't provide tracking numbers for customers in Ireland which makes it very difficult to figure out what's happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Definitely agree with shipping info to Ireland being needed! And quicker customer care replies (48 working hours is a long time to wait!). But that being said I did just get a nice package through the door saying they apologise for the delay in my September box due to unforeseen but now resolved warehouse issue, and to say sorry they sent a few treats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I still haven't gotten my box - but I also got treats in the post today

GOSH mascara, Jelly Pong Pong lip stain pencil & Molton Brown shower gel

• Registered Users Posts: 7 NoxNox

Okay, how did y'all get past the postcode thing? Cause it's not accepting D# for me no matter what I do...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

I finally got the second box from the glossybox summer sale. It was the July box and aside from the long time it took to get here I was pretty happy with the contents, which is nice because I was so disappointed with the contents of the first box.

Even with that tho I probably wouldn't order from them again because of their dodgy customer service. Plus 20 quid a month is a lot to pay for very hit and miss products.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kilkea

Hi all, just heard that the Irish company has launched.....chictreatclub.com ...looks fab!

kilkea wrote: »
    Hi all, just heard that the Irish company has launched.....chictreatclub.com ...looks fab!

Looks good but there doesn't seem to be a monthly option (or maybe I'm completely blind!!) ....wouldn't opt for a three month subscription with so many companies going bust these days !!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Infernikus

I know this isnt beauty related but it is about subscription boxes (I found this thread through a google search) But does anyone know any ones that do gaming stuff and ships to Ireland as I have found some great ones but they only ship to the US/Canada and the UK :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Has anyone ever heard of this?

https://chictreatclub.com/

I saw it advertised on Ireland AM this morning. It costs about €15 a month. The idea is you sign up for either 3, 6 or 12 months and you get a box of five beauty products delivered to your door each month. They can range from hair care, skincare, nails, tools and make up. It seems like a really fun idea, but you may get a lot of crap. Personally, I am trying to use all the products I have at the minute but am very tempted by this!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I've merged your thread with the other subscription boxes thread, ElleEm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I've merged your thread with the other subscription boxes thread, ElleEm.

Thanks!

I didn't know they existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

How are people finding the chictreat box compared to the glossybox. I signed up to three months of glossybox last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I'd be interested in hearing opinions about Chic Treat too. I got Carmine just once before Glossy Box took it over. I got a few of the She Said ones too but stopped after a very poor box. I got several Glossy Boxes but had to stop after so many boxes never arrived and generally, terrible customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

me too. Has anyone used chic treat club or love lula and how did you find it? I gave up on glossy box as the customer service was non existant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

I signed up to Glossybox a few months back but found it to be the biggest waste of money. I could start selling handcreams, boxes always late despite the fact they took payment weeks in advance, no "luxury" samples from brands, poor customer service and the fact that us girls here in Ireland got boxes that were far inferior to girls in UK.

I've been subscribed to Chic Treat Club for two months now. My first box was worth about 90 quid and had a great selection of products whereas my second box was worth about €30 and I was less impressed- one brush (very awkward to use because handle very stumpy and bristles very long) was worth €17 I think so the other five products were €13 between them- a face mask, 2 Thalgo samples, a horrible cheap bronzer from a brand called Kubiss sold in the Cosmetic Outlet (famous for selling fake Urban Decay palettes) and a nail strengthener from Kiss which is a brand available from Penneys. What I liked about the box was that there was a little bit of everything- a makeup brush, body care, skincare, makeup, nails- but I wouldn't have bought a single item in the box, and that's what makes it worth it to me or not. In the July box, I would have bought all the items so it was definitely worth the €17 to me then.

Still though, I reckon CTC will come good again and I'm hoping for a decent September box like the July box. Won't be subscribing to Glossybox again.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

Apart from lip gloss and nail varnish (and a full size The Balm blusher from the Carmine box) I have found the make-up in the various boxes I got pretty awful - cheap and weird colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

The first glossybox I got was pretty good and all if the products could be used. The one that came last month was really really poor, think I will give it one or two more months. According to some bloggers it seems birchbox has gone down hill also.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Hi,
    Anyone know of a subscription box for men? I know birchbox do one but I'm looking for more of an accessories focussed one. Again, loads in USA/Canada but don't ship here.
    Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 33 GirlOutWest

I'm slightly intrigued by the whole subscription box thing. It's huge over in the states but still new(ish) over here.

I would love to subscribe to one but finding the right one at the right price is the thing, isn't it. I don't want make-up every month and although I love my pets dearly, not really caught up by the idea of getting one for the pets. I mean, will they even know it's their box!!

So, out of curiosity, just Googled a few and was surprised by how FEW are based in Ireland. Here are my findings, feel free to add any new ones.

MyIrishBox - $55.50 (Again a little on the pricey side for me and the items look like stuff from a souvenir shop, sorry).

IrishTasteClub - $49.00 (I like this one but again a little pricey and not sure if I could get excited by a box of sea salt and fine foods arriving every month)

HappeePost - £21.99 (This is probably the one I would most likely subscribe to. Irish company. Their aim to bring a bit of joy to ye every month apparently via boxes filled with "handmade goodies". The price is ok and I think I could be tempted - If I do, I will review it)

Any others?

I'm slightly intrigued by the whole subscription box thing. It's huge over in the states but still new(ish) over here.

I would love to subscribe to one but finding the right one at the right price is the thing, isn't it. I don't want make-up every month and although I love my pets dearly, not really caught up by the idea of getting one for the pets. I mean, will they even know it's their box!!

So, out of curiosity, just Googled a few and was surprised by how FEW are based in Ireland. Apologies if I have repeated one that someone else has mentioned. Anyway, here are my findings, feel free to add any new ones.

MyIrishBox dot com - $55.50 (Again a little on the pricey side for me and the items look like stuff from a souvenir shop, sorry).

IrishTasteClub dot com - $49.00 (I like this one but again a little pricey and not sure if I could get excited by a box of sea salt and fine foods arriving every month)

HappeePost dot com - £21.99 (This is probably the one I would most likely subscribe to. Irish company. Their aim to bring a bit of joy to ye every month apparently via boxes filled with "handmade goodies". The price is ok and I think I could be tempted - If I do, I will review it)

Any others?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

There is a new box called 'Alainn' which is a beauty subscription box full of Irish owned products - have never tried it myself but have seen the Twitter account

http://www.alainn.ie/

Just checked alainn out, looks good. All make-up/cosmetics though, only so much make-up this girl can use! lol. Great to see it is all Irish products.

I still haven't settled upon a box yet, one that I like enough to commit to. The search continues. But great to see more Irish Boxes hitting the scene. Can only be a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭travellingbid

I recently cancelled my birch box subscription after about 5 months. First and third box were good but others were very poor. Too many sachets and not enough variation of products.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭GuessWhoEh

Hi people

Any news on the subscription boxes? Anymore updates and follow ups?

I would love to sign up to an Irish site but proving difficult to find one decent site. I found one that just didn't look legit whatsoever and another had a Chinese site come up instead of the actual site (presuming domain name was a mix up)

Advertisement