Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sharing Church buildings a good idea?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

The Bible is the "word of God", Ie Genisis to Revelation and is more up to date now than any book written on the planet.
    youre bringing your own thread off topic,but, could you back up that statement?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

nerin wrote: »
    youre bringing your own thread off topic,but, could you back up that statement?? :confused:
    The Bible predicts a Global totalitarian government and worldly "ecunemism" and that is the way the world is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

ok,lets not bother with this argument,everyone can predict what i'll say and what you'll say.
    me:its not literally a book made by god, it was written over many years.
    you:its the word of god
    me:anyone can interpret an ancient text like the bible and back up their own "man made" beliefs with it
    <insert drawn out never ending debate>
    so back on topic i guess :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭wolfsbane

In what way is it a 'false' gospel?
    We don't follow the gnostic gospels so please clarify, thanks.
    Sharing a building doesn't mean we compromise the tenents of our individual faiths.
    From my experience, and from the official statements of those participating in ecumenism, they do not believe in some of the fundamentals of the Christian faith. For example, many do not believe that Christ made a substitutionary atonement; others deny that He is true God; others that we are saved by faith, apart from any merit of our own. Roman Catholic clergy probably hold to more of the fundamentals than their C of I, Methodist, Unitarian compatriots, but all deny some.

BTW, I don't mean Gospel, as in NT Book, but gospel in the sense of the apostolic message:
    Galatians 1:6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

Yes, sharing a building may be OK in itself, but it can so easily be used to declare that you are all one at a basic level. If you don't mean that, then you should be prepared to share the building with the local atheist group, the wiccans, the Mormons, etc.

Advertisement