Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is rave music against religion?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Rave music is religion man ... god is in the beats.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Haha. What a great thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

PDN wrote: »
    We have a prayer meeting in our church where we use rave music. It's called 'Alternative Worship' and basically consists of rave music playing while all kinds of psychadelic patterns are projected onto the video screen with passages of scripture superimposed.

Wasn't that in an episode of Lost? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

That's some nice trolling OP.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bexsy

Halfdog wrote: »
    I am wondering of rave music is against religion because most of it is electronic with no words?

'HALFDOG' maybe finds beastiality more to his taste? I wont be disrespectful and say anything about your mum, and sure your dad is of a good pedigree :)

Raving has had such bad press since the early 90's. When infact 'RAVE' means to 'party' which I'm sure has been going on for centuries! I'm sure there wasn't this much 'antisocial behaviour' on our streets then? Before the Criminal Justice Bill I mean?

The funny thing thing about this subject is that it's been scientifically proven that ALCOHOL is worse than ECSTASY! FACT!!!! Too many taxes come of the former, when the latter is so much better for society. I'm a raving lunatic you say? Read this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/broadband/tx/drugs/

look at the harm rating.... Ecstasy ranked 18th? this ***terrible awful drug*** that's killed 40 odd people this year?(through dehydration) What about Alcohol ranked 5th that's killed 40,000 this year? Nice taxable drug, that would be banned if it were new now. Our governments would make too much loss if it were banned now, despite the dreadful harm it does to out societies!!!

But of course, alcohol has been around for centuries, and endorsed by Jesus himself? Nevermind science of today..... I mean Darwin was wrong and the Dinosaurs never existed according to the bible?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

While I would agree that, both used in moderation, ecstasy would probably be less harmful, I really think that this is not the place for yet another boards.ie drugs debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    While I would agree that, both used in moderation, ecstasy would probably be less harmful, I really think that this is not the place for yet another boards.ie drugs debate.
    I had my days of pills in the past. Water intoxication or the lack of it is probably more harmful than extasy itself. At one venue we had to kick down a door to get at a tap. The dangers of Extacy is that it is totally unregulated and no one knows what is added to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Halfdog

KevIRL wrote: »
    Haha. What a great thread.
    :)

bexsy wrote: »
    'HALFDOG' maybe finds beastiality more to his taste? I wont be disrespectful and say anything about your mum, and sure your dad is of a good pedigree :)

Raving has had such bad press since the early 90's. When infact 'RAVE' means to 'party' which I'm sure has been going on for centuries! I'm sure there wasn't this much 'antisocial behaviour' on our streets then? Before the Criminal Justice Bill I mean?

The funny thing thing about this subject is that it's been scientifically proven that ALCOHOL is worse than ECSTASY! FACT!!!! Too many taxes come of the former, when the latter is so much better for society. I'm a raving lunatic you say? Read this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/broadband/tx/drugs/

look at the harm rating.... Ecstasy ranked 18th? this ***terrible awful drug*** that's killed 40 odd people this year?(through dehydration) What about Alcohol ranked 5th that's killed 40,000 this year? Nice taxable drug, that would be banned if it were new now. Our governments would make too much loss if it were banned now, despite the dreadful harm it does to out societies!!!

But of course, alcohol has been around for centuries, and endorsed by Jesus himself? Nevermind science of today..... I mean Darwin was wrong and the Dinosaurs never existed according to the bible?
    No I don't have anything got to do with beastiality. "HalfDog" was called in honour of a stray sheep dog that used to sniff around our feet at former metal fabrication workshop I work for. The dog would drive us mad getting in our way. One day a Heatons truck arrived with 8'x4' sheets of steel, while unloading the truck a sheet slipped and fell down and cut the dog in half. He became known as halfdog after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

This thread is drifting way of topic. Back to the OP or I have to close it.
    Asia

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Halfdog wrote: »
    :)

No I don't have anything got to do with beastiality. "HalfDog" was called in honour of a stray sheep dog that used to sniff around our feet at former metal fabrication workshop I work for. The dog would drive us mad getting in our way. One day a Heatons truck arrived with 8'x4' sheets of steel, while unloading the truck a sheet slipped and fell down and cut the dog in half. He became known as halfdog after that.

so did u see the cross section of the dawg?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Wicknight wrote: »
    Well rave music is associated with illegal drug taking and immoral sexual exploration .. .as such it is very anti-Christian. On the other hand the it was recently adopted as the official music form of American Atheists ...

Since when did sexual exploration become immoral? I listen to house music and trance and I'm not a drug user.

Advertisement