Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sharing Leap Card Fine (Old thread)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Will probably just pay the fine now as much as it kills me to do it. A person with no ticket at all would get less penalty as I've also had my card confiscated with credit still on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

markpb wrote: »
    Before the leap card was introduced, that problem existed. Cash was transferable, (discounted) tickets were not. Why is cash suddenly not transferable? Did people get more stupid when leap card was launched?

If I lose my card and someone uses my credit, that's my problem. Ditto for me dropping a tenner on the footpath. Why do transport operators need new rules to protect me?

I wonder if the OP had their card confiscated?

These are not new rules, tickets have never been transferable!

What do you mean by cash was transferable? If you mean tickets paid for in cash are transferable then that is incorrect!

GM228

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,242 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

If it was confiscated then it would have been either a personalised Leap card/PSC card or a child/youth/student card. In either case it's taken from you as it isn't your personal card to use.

If I lose my card and someone uses my credit, that's my problem. Ditto for me dropping a tenner on the footpath. Why do transport operators need new rules to protect me?

I wonder if the OP had their card confiscated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

10. Transferability

10.1 Personalised Leap Cards and Leap Cards with Tickets on them are not transferable.

10.2 Leap Cards which are not personalised and do not contain any Tickets (i.e. Travel Credit only) are transferable for separate journeys but cannot be used by more than one passenger on the same journey (although the travel credit may be used on Dublin Bus services to pay for companion(s); such usage shall result in the issuance of a paper ticket for the paid companion(s); such paper tickets must be retained by the companion(s) as proof of entitlement to travel); the Leap Card used to pay in the first instance shall not form proof of entitlement to travel except for the cardholder).

10.3 These Terms and Conditions in relation to transferability are subject always to each Transport Operator’s Conditions of Carriage.

10.4 Any attempted use of a personalised Leap Card by a person not entitled to use that card may result in the confiscation of the Leap Card and may result in the Leap Card customer being charged the appropriate standard fare in respect of the improper use (as determined by the relevant Transport Operator) and you may not be entitled to receive a refund of any Travel Credit. If your Leap Card is confiscated please refer to the relevant Transport Operator.
    https://www.leapcard.ie/en/PageSetting/ContentViewer.aspx?Val=CG%2fCj953WkPB%2b7fwjkLFshsyP7wecX6fiV0VBn3Q632F20yhboVXGTVmv%2b2bImvcFvyDWv8wk%2bd4E5kAGPCvjpJvBUgOhvVEg%2fB6ZgVyLiI6nLqx13jMpsQIKgDUASmGM793kdSI9FJOtf2oYKBBrP3uRbgVAG0ZGo31awr2Vmg%3d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

...Cash was transferable, (discounted) tickets were not. Why is cash suddenly not transferable? ...

A leap card is not cash. The leap fares used to be discounted I dunno if thats still true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

beauf wrote: »
    A leap card is not cash. The leap fares used to be discounted I dunno if thats still true

Let's clear it up-only non-personalised Leep cards which DON'T have a pre-loaded ticket may be transferred, but NOT on CIE services! No other types of tickets are transferable and no tickets have ever been transferable from IE, DB or BE.

GM228

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

We know.

But are all leap fares discounted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,921 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

beauf wrote: »
    We know.

But are all leap fares discounted?

Yes on IE, BE, DB and LUAS.

Other operators charge full rate.

Advertisement