Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie's BaBa Side

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

GDM wrote: »
    Interesting to see EOS make full use of the bench...

he only made use of it becuase it was a barbarians match and he wanted to give everyone some pitch time,added to the fact they were winning,i foresee eddie back to old ways come 6 nations.great match though

I didnt see jason robinson play for most of his career,no doubt from watching clips he was a fantastic player,but is it just me thinking that the english hype everything up so much,i mean he wasnt the best in the world was he?you didnt see disco dennis getting anywhere near so much attention from the irish media,he should have been on that barbarians squad imo(especially seeing as eddie was coach)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Interesting to see EOS make full use of the bench... a sign of things to come (and learning from past mistakes) or a brief bout of insanity from his point of view.

I tend to the latter position, unfortunately. When it comes to the ireland job, he'll be back in his shell afore long...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

You know he's been with Munster for a good while now? Interesting to see EOS make full use of the bench... a sign of things to come (and learning from past mistakes) or a brief bout of insanity from his point of view.

It's practically written into the Baa Baa's rules that the bench always gets used and in most games the entire bench gets a run.

He'll go back to his conservative use of the bench for the next Ireland game.....I just hope his fans don't start shouting about how the Baa Baas win is a vindication of Eddies tactics....It's a lot easier to win a game with all the talent that the Barbarians had on display today and the fact that the Boks had only 5 of the players from the world cup final in their starting line-up !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

dc69 wrote: »
    he only made use of it becuase it was a barbarians match and he wanted to give everyone some pitch time,added to the fact they were winning,i foresee eddie back to old ways come 6 nations.great match though

I didnt see jason robinson play for most of his career,no doubt from watching clips he was a fantastic player,but is it just me thinking that the english hype everything up so much,i mean he wasnt the best in the world was he?you didnt see disco dennis getting anywhere near so much attention from the irish media,he should have been on that barbarians squad imo(especially seeing as eddie was coach)

No no no he was one of the best players to grace both codes and will go down into the hall of fame. He had the sheer pace and this amazing ability to accelerate of either foot with a side step probably one of the hardest men to take down as you wouldnt know where he was heading. Had a stunning career with Wigan and his most famous act in Union cutting the best defense in the world up in his first Lions match ever burning Latham on the wing.

Will be sadly missed Billy Whizz wont be one like him for a while to come

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Now there's something I never thought of..do we know if Disco Denis was invited to play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Now there's something I never thought of..do we know if Disco Denis was invited to play?

Good point, would have been nice to see him get a run and wasn't like he was match tied seeing as he's no longer a registered leinster player...is he even turning out for Mary's this season in the AIL ??

SF0H0055.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Stev_o wrote: »
    No no no he was one of the best players to grace both codes and will go down into the hall of fame. He had the sheer pace and this amazing ability to accelerate of either foot with a side step probably one of the hardest men to take down as you wouldnt know where he was heading. Had a stunning career with Wigan and his most famous act in Union cutting the best defense in the world up in his first Lions match ever burning Latham on the wing.

Will be sadly missed Billy Whizz wont be one like him for a while to come
    Robinson was the ultimate winger, he destroyed Australia for the Lions '01, and without him, England wouldn't have won the RWC 03, fantastic player, unstoppable 1on1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Also one of the greatest league players of all time, a holy terror for Wigan, though born in Leeds, but we wont hold it against him....One of the few players to be truly world class in both codes.

Total professional,once he got over his wild youth/ demon drink and found God. Would expect to see him coaching soon in some capacity at Sale and wont be long before he's part of the England back room set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Great game, was really suprised and pleased to see the elements of tradition remain e.g. running EVERYTHING.. Was a realy good-natured match etc. , players seemed to enjoy themselves.. Was sad to see Robinson taken off as a though! Didn't think it fitting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Another great BaBa game!! although Francois Steyn did spoil the tempo with the drop goal attempts

oh and i'd say the reason robinson was taken off was so he could get his standing ovation for being such a joy to watch

• Advertisement
Advertisement