Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Football Tool to calculate stats for any of your mini-league!

Options
  • 18-12-2013 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hey. Some of you may have seen some of the stats I've been posting on this forum the past few gameweeks. Well I thought I would make a chrome extension so others can do the same for any of their leagues.

It's free to download here:
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fpl-mini-league-stats-cal/ofjikfigpedfahjpninpbegobibogbda

You can run it for any of your leagues simply by opening that league page and clicking the icon which appears in the right side of the address bar. It will get stats such as gameweek average, most captained, starting selections, benched players, transferred in/out players, average transfers made etc. just be aware that if there are more than 50 in your league, this program will calculate the stats for the top 50 in that league.

I'd appreciate any feedback you have! And if anyone needs help understanding it or anything let me know!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

This deserves a lot of credit . Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭TheSetMiner

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    This deserves a lot of credit . Well done.

Thanks man. I learnt a lot making it and I think it is genuinely a really useful tool so hopefully others agree!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Thanks so much man, this makes it so much easier to calculate the actual average for my leagues (i.e.e top 50). Really helpful tool!

Thanks so much man, this makes it so much easier to calculate the actual average for my leagues (i.e.e top 50). Really helpful tool!

Glad you like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Excellent work thanks for sharing!!

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote: »
    Excellent work thanks for sharing!!

No problem, glad you like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Looking forward to getting in to this over the christmas, thanks!

Looking forward to getting in to this over the christmas, thanks!

Yeah my aim was to have it published for the festive period alright!

Minor update to show: Average point hits per person in league and League Standard Score [average of top 5 teams in a league]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Just got around to playing with this, best thing ever!

No harm bumping it for those who missed it.

Setminer is a legend! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,081 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

yep its a great app,can def see me using it regularly.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

app for android ?????

app for android ?????

If there was enough demand for this I would look into it? I haven't developed an android app before, however, so it would likely take a while to learn the basics etc.
    Also for an app you would probably have to enter the league ID into a form box to get your calculations whereas with the extension you have the ability of just clicking the icon on a given league page which is more user-friendly I think.
    FHFC wrote: »
    Just got around to playing with this, best thing ever!

No harm bumping it for those who missed it.

Setminer is a legend! :)

Haha thanks man!
    Glad to hear people are getting good use out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Just what i needed... even more ways to procrastinate! Great effort, fair play :)

Just what i needed... even more ways to procrastinate! Great effort, fair play :)
    Nice one buddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

Does this still work for anyone? Mine half works. Can't see transfer or league stats, just what % each player is. Very handy last season!

IanOBo wrote: »
    Does this still work for anyone? Mine half works. Can't see transfer or league stats, just what % each player is. Very handy last season!

Hey, sorry to anybody trying to use my extension so far this season! It seems something had changed slightly with the FPL website that was throwing it off. I am working on fixing it at the moment. Hopefully it will at least be user-friendly again by the end of today!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Are you gonna run the twitter account again this year? Some fun/interesting stuff on that last year

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Are you gonna run the twitter account again this year? Some fun/interesting stuff on that last year

Hi, I probably won't be able to comment as frequently on the twitter this year but from time to time I will try to tweet a little!

Update: The Extension seems to be working now apart from the transfers in/out section. Is that the same for everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Hi, I probably won't be able to comment as frequently on the twitter this year but from time to time I will try to tweet a little!

Update: The Extension seems to be working now apart from the transfers in/out section. Is that the same for everyone else?

Yes it's working for me now. Could do with the transfers section added though, I found that really handy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

All sections work for me, including transfers in / out:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

This is a really nice piece of work. Thanks to the developer.

Markx wrote: »
    This is a really nice piece of work. Thanks to the developer.

Thanks man!

The transfers in/out section seems to be kind of hit or miss at the moment. I had a look a few days ago and couldn't work out what was going on with regards some of the output. I will try to find the time to take another look in the next few days. In the meantime if anyone has any idea what might be happening, please let me know. I am by no means an expert in javascript!

The transfers in/out section seems to be kind of hit or miss at the moment. I had a look a few days ago and couldn't work out what was going on with regards some of the output. I will try to find the time to take another look in the next few days. In the meantime if anyone has any idea what might be happening, please let me know. I am by no means an expert in javascript!
    Just had a look there and played around with a few leagues I'm in, it seems to work fine till ya get to a team that hasn't made transfers, then breaks up. You need to put in a line that handles if there's been no transfers.

eg, I have a league that has 20 teams... http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/79715/standings/
    If ya run it on that, each transfer should weigh 5%.
    Team 5 hasn't made any transfer
    So it just shows the players each of the first 4 teams transferred in as 5% and same for out.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Just had a look there and played around with a few leagues I'm in, it seems to work fine till ya get to a team that hasn't made transfers, then breaks up. You need to put in a line that handles if there's been no transfers.

eg, I have a league that has 20 teams... http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/79715/standings/
    If ya run it on that, each transfer should weigh 5%.
    Team 5 hasn't made any transfer
    So it just shows the players each of the first 4 teams transferred in as 5% and same for out.

Thanks mate that is a really useful insight. I'll have a look at the code again with that in mind and hopefully work something out!

Update: I believe I have fixed the bug with the transfers in/out section thanks to shedite who pointed out where my code was breaking down! An extra line or two of code was all that was needed in the end and I can't figure out why that wasn't needed last season! Anyway I am hopeful this is the problem fixed and I have updated the extension on the store. It may take a couple of hours for this to come into effect and it will update automatically. You shouldn't need to uninstall and reinstall though that may update it quicker - I'm not sure. Thanks to all who have been in touch and who have motivated me to get back to work on the extension!

Update: I believe I have fixed the bug with the transfers in/out section thanks to shedite who pointed out where my code was breaking down! An extra line or two of code was all that was needed in the end and I can't figure out why that wasn't needed last season! Anyway I am hopeful this is the problem fixed and I have updated the extension on the store. It may take a couple of hours for this to come into effect and it will update automatically. You shouldn't need to uninstall and reinstall though that may update it quicker - I'm not sure. Thanks to all who have been in touch and who have motivated me to get back to work on the extension!
    Glad I could help.

Fair play for the effort. It's a very useful add-on. Thanks for the work!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I can't figure out why that wasn't needed last season!

If I remember correctly you made this app available for us during the season last year. So maybe there just was no team with no transfers in all the leagues we all were in.

Anyway as many said here fair play for the effort for this interesting and useful add-on ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Quick question on this. The average team value stat refers to what? (a) total team value including bank or (b) total current value of players excluding bank.

Ran it on my main mini league and it gave 100m on Team Value Average and 1.1 bank average. Quite low especially if (a) above.

Advertisement