Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Robertson is 4.5 so I can do that no problem. Ya I'm thinking about Hutton. Just fixtures putting me off. They look good this year tho so far!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 148 ✭✭Pipjam

JR6 wrote: »
    Robertson is 4.5 so I can do that no problem. Ya I'm thinking about Hutton. Just fixtures putting me off. They look good this year tho so far!

Hull have Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool in their next five so they don't have it much better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭LostArt

Bit of help needed here please

Guzan
    Terry Chambers Duff
    Cesc Ramsey Siggy Di Maria
    Aguero - Ulloa - Costa

Mannone, Hutton, Moore, King/Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

LostArt wrote: »
    Bit of help needed here please

Guzan
    Terry Chambers Duff
    Cesc Ramsey Siggy Di Maria
    Aguero - Ulloa - Costa

Mannone, Hutton, Moore, King/Cork

Downgrade Terry to a Southampron defender? Clyne/Bertrand/Alderweld ? Frees up 1.5m to be spent elsewhere.
    Chambers...good way into the arsenal defence, but they havent kept a clean sheet all season...Hutton or Moore a better option to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭LostArt

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Downgrade Terry to a Southampron defender? Clyne/Bertrand/Alderweld ? Frees up 1.5m to be spent elsewhere.
    Chambers...good way into the arsenal defence, but they havent kept a clean sheet all season...Hutton or Moore a better option to start?

I'm just a bit tempted to hang onto Terry and Chambers because I think they'll both tighten up, in Chelseas case probably very soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

LostArt wrote: »
    I'm just a bit tempted to hang onto Terry and Chambers because I think they'll both tighten up, in Chelseas case probably very soon

I know what you mean, I've Courtois in my team so hoping they'll get their act together soon enough as well...but besides downgrading Terry I cant see where else you can make a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭F1fan

Long time lurker, first time poster...
    Here's my team as is, I still have my wildcard, and also one transfer this week.
    Don't know should I go all out and wildcard, or just make the one change, maybe in defence. Am thinking around in circles. Happy with midfield though.
    Can anyone give me their thoughts/suggestions please?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

F1fan wrote: »
    Long time lurker, first time poster...
    Here's my team as is, I still have my wildcard, and also one transfer this week.
    Don't know should I go all out and wildcard, or just make the one change, maybe in defence. Am thinking around in circles. Happy with midfield though.
    Can anyone give me their thoughts/suggestions please?

Issues I see:

Colocinni - NUFC are woeful at the moment, especially in defence
    PVA - Sunderland aren't much better
    Dier - Spurs fans tell us he'll lose his place soon
    Terry - nuff said. I have him and will hold on for a little while longer but my patience is wearing thin
    Isgrove - not playing much (injured too?)
    Fletcher - not pulling up any trees

I'd suggest three better cheap/cheapish defenders e.g. Clyne, Duff, Taylor, Bertrand (Hutton if this all takes weeks and Villa's fixtures are better)
    Isgrove to Boyd, Marney, King
    Fletcher to anyone e.g. Ulloa, naismith, or if you free up funds, any of the good 7-ish strikers

Edit: re wildcarding, maybe it depends on how you are in your leagues. Can you afford to make the changes one per week, or will you drop far behind?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭F1fan

Issues I see:

Colocinni - NUFC are woeful at the moment, especially in defence
    PVA - Sunderland aren't much better
    Dier - Spurs fans tell us he'll lose his place soon
    Terry - nuff said. I have him and will hold on for a little while longer but my patience is wearing thin
    Isgrove - not playing much (injured too?)
    Fletcher - not pulling up any trees

I'd suggest three better cheap/cheapish defenders e.g. Clyne, Duff, Taylor, Bertrand (Hutton if this all takes weeks and Villa's fixtures are better)
    Isgrove to Boyd, Marney, King
    Fletcher to anyone e.g. Ulloa, naismith, or if you free up funds, any of the good 7-ish strikers

Edit: re wildcarding, maybe it depends on how you are in your leagues. Can you afford to make the changes one per week, or will you drop far behind?

Thanks Alchemist33,
    Good suggestions re defence, thought PVA was a good choice, but Terry had me cursing last week. Like you though I'm not sure if he should get the axe just yet. Reckon I would have to go wildcard, last week used my 2 transfers to get rid of Mata and Rooney, which obviously left me crying over Match of the Day! Knocked me down the leagues too, so I have a bit of catching up to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Wildcard played! Mainly to get in Fabergas, Di Maria, Duff and Ulloa before their price jump....which happened so happy out!

What do ye make of this?

Manone

Taylor - Duff - Wilson

Ramsey - Fabergas - Di Maria - Chadli - Sigurdsson

Rooney - Costa

Bench:
    Heaton
    Robertson
    Hutton
    Ulloa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Wildcard played! Mainly to get in Fabergas, Di Maria, Duff and Ulloa before their price jump....which happened so happy out!

What do ye make of this?

Manone

Taylor - Duff - Wilson

Ramsey - Fabergas - Di Maria - Chadli - Sigurdsson

Rooney - Costa

Bench:
    Heaton
    Robertson
    Hutton
    Ulloa

No liverpoor or Man City attacking players would be my only concern with this team,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Team for the week

Krul

Pieters
    Duff
    Taylor

Fabregas--Ramsey--Sterling--Sigurdsson

Costa---Adebayor---Aguero

Happy enough, Adebayor out for Pelle is likely my next move and also depending on his performance this weekend look to get Di Maria in too before his price rises out of my reach.

Any opinions? haven't posted a team since the start so all feedback welcome good and bad.

Currently on 223 overall sitting at circa 300k :o

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

After playing the wildcard this where I am at:

Begovic (McCarthy)
    Chambers – Moreno – Bertrand (Duff, Moore)
    Fabregas – Di Maria – Sterling –Schneiderlin –Sigursson (Boyd)
    Costa – Aguero ( Jutkiewicz)

No Arsenal attacking coverage is a small concern but willing to go without it as they are not exactly setting the world alight at the moment.

9 playing away from home this week since I am benching Duff & Moore but feel my back 3 could provide some attacking return.

0.0 in the bank!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Hackers wrote: »
    After playing the wildcard this where I am at:

Begovic (McCarthy)
    Chambers – Moreno – Bertrand (Duff, Moore)
    Fabregas – Di Maria – Sterling –Schneiderlin –Sigursson (Boyd)
    Costa – Aguero ( Jutkiewicz)

No Arsenal attacking coverage is a small concern but willing to go without it as they are not exactly setting the world alight at the moment.

9 playing away from home this week since I am benching Duff & Moore but feel my back 3 could provide some attacking return.

0.0 in the bank!!

6 midfielders, you are well set up for the weekend anyway!

Ha, I see what you mean now!! Boyd was going to be bench fodder in an earlier version and he was still in my head when typing!!
    jebforever wrote: »
    6 midfielders, you are well set up for the weekend anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Hackers wrote: »
    Ha, I see what you mean now!! Boyd was going to be bench fodder in an earlier version!!

Ninja edit there Hackers! :)

Yes, would have looked an even bigger dope if I hadn't done that !!
    Ninja edit there Hackers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I know it's not Pick your Team thread, but any thoughts on this lot for the weekend- will do either 433 343

Krul
    Duff Alderwiriild Manquillo
    Sterling Ram Fab Siggy
    Costa (c) Aguero Welbeck

Azpil, Moore, Boyd,

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I know it's not Pick your Team thread, but any thoughts on this lot for the weekend- will do either 433 343

Krul
    Duff Alderwiriild Manquillo
    Sterling Ram Fab Siggy
    Costa (c) Aguero Welbeck

Azpil, Moore, Boyd,

Team looks good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Any opinions on this?

Don't know how to fit Aguero there - could downgrade Pelle to Ulloa but the 3 upfront look strong enough for now. Herrera is there to catch some price rises only. It is going to be Silva most likely in his spot.

322980.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Wildcard active, am I missing anything obvious or any suggestions?

fAKPte.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

wonski wrote: »
    Any opinions on this?

Don't know how to fit Aguero there - could downgrade Pelle to Ulloa but the 3 upfront look strong enough for now. Herrera is there to catch some price rises only. It is going to be Silva most likely in his spot.

322980.jpg

I wouldn't want the headache of trying to decide which of your front 8 to bench every week. But I'm bitter because I missed Siggy's 13 pointer through that situation :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I wouldn't want the headache of trying to decide which of your front 8 to bench every week. But I'm bitter because I missed Siggy's 13 pointer through that situation :(

Re wonski's team. Agree with this. I'd drop Hererra for a cheapie like Boyd. I don't really get Hererra as an FPL prospect anyway, certainty at his price. Use the cash so you can be flexible to upgrade one of the cheap strikers If and wwhen you need to.

Loving the double Saints defence though, that's what I did last week in my wildcard. :) Sadly I then benched Clyne.

Have same back 5 except I've Hutton not Pieters. If I was going again I'd consider Wisdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

FHFC wrote: »
    Re wonski's team. Agree with this. I'd drop Hererra for a cheapie like Boyd. I don't really get Hererra as an FPL prospect anyway, certainty at his price. Use the cash so you can be flexible to upgrade one of the cheap strikers If and wwhen you need to.

Loving the double Saints defence though, that's what I did last week in my wildcard. :) Sadly I then benched Clyne.

Have same back 5 except I've Hutton not Pieters. If I was going again I'd consider Wisdom.

Hererra is there only to catch some price rises tbh. Silva will take his spot.

I can afford getting Aguero in for Pelle, but no sure if I want tbh.

Thanks for advice guys, we all know I will ignore it and do something crazy on Friday evening:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

This is my team after activating my wildcard with my bank visible too. Any help, suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

DVDM93 wrote: »
    This is my team after activating my wildcard with my bank visible too. Any help, suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Take Bruce out -- he'll break your heart and he might well drop in price any day now. Hutton has tough fixtures and I think the Villa honeymoon (honeymoon Villa :D ) is over. I know Wisdom is cheap too but I don't fancy Brom to keep many clean sheets. IMO Duff and Moore would be two better options.

Otherwise, cool. No City cover but I don't think that's essential at the moment.

Take Bruce out -- he'll break your heart and he might well drop in price any day now. Hutton has tough fixtures and I think the Villa honeymoon (honeymoon Villa :D ) is over. I know Wisdom is cheap too but I don't fancy Brom to keep many clean sheets. IMO Duff and Moore would be two better options.

Otherwise, cool. No City cover but I don't think that's essential at the moment.

Appreciate the reply :) I looked in to what you said and made the transfers. It leaves me with this and 0.1 extra in the bank. Thanks.

Do you think I should change Rooney to Falcao/Aguero or leave it as it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Appreciate the reply :) I looked in to what you said and made the transfers. It leaves me with this and 0.1 extra in the bank. Thanks.

Do you think I should change Rooney to Falcao/Aguero or leave it as it is?

Team looks Good. Personally I'd go with aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Any opinions on this lads?

a5df66c39bf7dd2268f53b998d4d0bf2.png

• Advertisement

Any opinions on this lads?

a5df66c39bf7dd2268f53b998d4d0bf2.png

I'd downgrade Evans and get Krul out of there. Newcastle are leaking goals at the moment and with everything going on re: Pardew, I'd stay clear.

Advertisement