Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - Old RTE program from the 70s or 80s

Options
  • 02-07-2011 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

anyone remember this? It looked like it was from the 70s or early 80s. It used to be repeated on RTE a few years ago (maybe 03/04)

It was a show that used to focus on people making things by hand, kind of just a working day in the life of. I remember one episode there was an old guy making hurleys by hand, another was someone making baskets, another was someone making sculptures of birds. There was very little speaking in it except for the banter between the people it focused on. Sounds like a boring show I know but I loved it........for some reason I'm thinking it was called Patterns, am I right? Anyone else remember it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I used to enjoy that too. Think it was called Hands, Ill do a quick check

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

UhOh wrote: »
    anyone remember this? It looked like it was from the 70s or early 80s. It used to be repeated on RTE a few years ago (maybe 03/04)

It was a show that used to focus on people making things by hand, kind of just a working day in the life of. I remember one episode there was an old guy making hurleys by hand, another was someone making baskets, another was someone making sculptures of birds. There was very little speaking in it except for the banter between the people it focused on. Sounds like a boring show I know but I loved it........for some reason I'm thinking it was called Patterns, am I right? Anyone else remember it?
    The name of the program was 'Hands' i think, there may other threads on boards regarding this program and there are a few of the them on youtube.Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭katiebelle

Hands was about a lot of Irish crafts but I think it was narrated. It would be good to see it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

Hands!!!

excellent, thank you all.....just found the website where I can order the full box set also. 155 euro is alot so I think I'll start saving for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

UhOh wrote: »
    Hands!!! excellent, thank you all.....just found the website where I can order the full box set also. 155 euro is alot so I think I'll start saving for it!

Could you not make one yourself... ;)

Thats sounds HUGE, can you link to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭brian_t

Could you not make one yourself... ;)

Thats sounds HUGE, can you link to it?

http://www.adpost.com/ie/arts_crafts/278/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Hands was a great programme, it showed so many old crafts that have died out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭katiebelle

155 euro ???? Omg !!! That's very expensive. I was thinking around the 40 to 60 euro mark. I dont want to see it again THAT much lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement