Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Series Hands

Options
  • 21-03-2011 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I have been looking for the old traditional crafts series from RTE
    called "Hands" from years ago.

It is quite an elusive item to acquire, apparently it was never released for general purchase.

Has anyone ever been successful in getting these documentaries ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It was never released on DVD or VHS..

.. so other than dodgy bootlegs, I'd say you're outta luck!

There's more details in the Television forum (shockingly) if you search: here and here for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Leonid

You can buy the boxset in the IFI shop. Fairly pricey though, over 100 euro.
    There are one or two episodes on youtube as well.

Great show altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Did you check on Youtube? You can download clips from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Pfft... I'll wait for Blu-ray!

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    Pfft... I'll wait for Blu-ray!

I only know it as my Dad always wanted a copy of the episode they made on the Leitrim Chair, a chair that every Irish person would know if they seen one (there must have been one in every home/pub in Ireland at one time) .. but alas, it wasn't available on DVD until recently.

they made on the Leitrim Chair, a chair that every Irish person would know if they seen it.
    Is it a chair that's comfortable at first, but grows increasingly uncomfortable as you outstay your welcome. And it wines you and dines you then rapes you, and won't call you the next day?

U NO, LIKE LEITRIM?

Basq wrote: »
    Is it a chair that's comfortable at first, but grows increasingly uncomfortable as you outstay your welcome. And it wines you and dines you then rapes you, and won't call you the next day?

Sounds you like you had a run-in with Katherine Lynch there Basq :p

Sounds you like you had a run-in with Katherine Lynch there Basq :p
    Oh.. now she is funny!

She's Leitrim's Brendan O Carroll... with more hair and testicles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I actually met the guy that produced it, David Shaw-Smith. I had to install broadband on his house, very nice guy. He sells dvd copies on his website and gave me a signed copy of his book on my leaving

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Traditional-Crafts-Ireland-David-Shaw-Smith/dp/050051142X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1300743509&sr=8-1

Here's the website:
    http://www.irelandstraditionalcrafts.com/index.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement