Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[RULES QUESTIONS]Any questions or are unsure about anything, ask here before posting.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jackow

What's an infarction ? Does it mean that you can't place an add for a certain time period ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

jackow wrote: »
    What's an infarction ? Does it mean that you can't place an add for a certain time period ?

no, like a warning, but if you build up a collection of them it may result in an automatic ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

Can it be made part of the rules that seeing as you can edit your first post within 24 hours that people are not technically allowed to bump their thread by adding new information or pictures with another post hours after their first one

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

ShadowFox wrote: »
    Can it be made part of the rules that seeing as you can edit your first post within 24 hours that people are not technically allowed to bump their thread by adding new information or pictures with another post hours after their first one

Hi, I know that sort of 'tactical' bumping happens the odd time but I don't think it's widespread enough to warrant a rule change.

As it stands, if someone is following a thread and the OP adds something then they get notified, that's practical.

Will keep an eye on it, thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

mmm, I thought I was going mad there for a sec and boards had eaten my first reply to this question - just now copped it was in the other thread :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Steve wrote: »
    mmm, I thought I was going mad there for a sec and boards had eaten my first reply to this question - just now copped it was in the other thread :D:D

It's ok steve the men in the white coats will be there soon :cool:

andy_g wrote: »
    It's ok steve the men in the white coats will be there soon :cool:

Will they have ice cream? I like ice cream...

/drool

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Steve wrote: »
    Will they have ice cream? I like ice cream...

/drool

:D:D

Special ice cream and happy pills :D

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭I Armour I

Items being put up a high price due to their rarity/ lack of availability in shops? In one particular case, cheaper/equal price in stores?

Coyuldn't find anything in the charter but recall it being a no no...

Lil Armour wrote: »
    Items being put up a high price due to their rarity/ lack of availability in shops? In one particular case, cheaper/equal price in stores?

Coyuldn't find anything in the charter but recall it being a no no...

It's in the rules and is called profiteering, please report it if you see it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

If u accept an offer on an item and bring it to pms but u get no reply from the buyer even though hes be on line 3 separate times in the day can u bump back up the item on the basis hes not interested and taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

I would wait a reasonable time for a response. (24-48 hours). Being online during the day does not mean he looked into this forum or read his PM's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mrsfeeney

how do i place an ad

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mrsfeeney

hi looking to place an ad to sell airsoft guns how do i place it

Hi, welcome to boards.ie :)
    To sell something, just start a new thread in this forum - select the for sale tag.
    Have a read of the trading rules here and make sure you include the relevant info: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056698847

And for help on how boards.ie in general works, have a look here:
    New thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056704028
    Helpful FAQ: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056232089

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭joshloveridge

how does trading a gun work with postage?:)

Hi, you need to agree that with the other person involved. I'd recommend registered post on both sides at the very least if meeting up is not an option.

Also, have a read of this: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79685177&postcount=12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭tyrone03

if I post a wanted ad and someone replies with items, do they have to have an asking price or can they ask me to make them an offer?

Hi, unless the person offering already has a thread here for the item being offered then there's no specific rule on that so both options are allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭tyrone03

Can one of the mods pm me please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 MLGISMYNAME1

If someone is accused of selling a broken gun yet it was in working order when it was sold what is the way it works?

If someone is accused of selling a broken gun yet it was in working order when it was sold what is the way it works?

Each situation is usually dealt with differently based on each parties stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 SlimDenby

I recently swapped two swords from my collection for a spring loaded sniper. Out looks very similar to the one below but there was a sticker by the breech saying it was 1.6 joule. The guy who gave it to me also said the spring had been upgraded to be even more powerful. Is it even legal and if so can it be skirmished. I will get it chronoed bit I'm just wondering in the mean time. EBay are the limitations on power?

SlimDenby wrote: »
    I recently swapped two swords from my collection for a spring loaded sniper. Out looks very similar to the one below but there was a sticker by the breech saying it was 1.6 joule. The guy who gave it to me also said the spring had been upgraded to be even more powerful. Is it even legal and if so can it be skirmished. I will get it chronoed bit I'm just wondering in the mean time. EBay are the limitations on power?[/
    quote]
    Just did some research, is a Swiss Arms 1.6 joule Sar 10 bull barrel

Under irish law all airsoft guns are required to be UNDER 1 joule there for it cannot be skirmished and if it is indeed over 1 J you have an unlicienced firearm.

Thanks for prompt reply. So the way forward is to learn the exact fps on it and go from there. Is it possible to downgrade the spring to bring it in line with irish firearms laws because I have noticed there is a model available that maxes at one joule?

Any decent retailer or techie can chrono and downgrade the gun for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭murray.eoghan

Hey I have a gun for sale /trade, can I put a wanted ad and add a link to my trade ad ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

It would be considered as a duplicate thread as you are just offering the same item(s) by way of trade

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭josh101st

Hey , I'm trying to sell my tr16 but whenever i go to post it with pics there's no option and just says i cant to stop spam, but other people have pics on their threads, any help would be appreciated, thanks

Advertisement