Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Teen Fears Execution in Egypt

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,146 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

130Kph wrote: »
    Another: “how profoundly & morally decent I am” post to add to the other 35,000 posts of vomit inducing computer-server power wasting, laughable, useless posts.

I have to say, regarding MB fanatic Ibrahim Halawa, I find it stomach churning to listen to a cheerleader for the provos campaign of mass murder (of their fellow countrymen) in NI who after 30 years of hindsight & ‘maturity’ still thinks it was the only way to respond to those circumstances. How f**cking morally repugnant (only my opinion – not that morals ever came into the chimp-brain, gangster provo mindset).

Well, the provos and their cheerleaders were really only ever about ‘giving it’ to ‘the man’, weren't they! . Lots of individual child hood anger. Lots of righteous indignation. The provo's – what are they but pathetic, sad, inadequate child-men. But VERY angry. Angry, Angry. Oh Yes, VERY angry. ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, Snooze fest.com.....………………………...

So terrorist supporters in the 2010’s now style themselves as internet social justice warriors. (Puke, vomit, puke, vomit, puke) * 100,000.

Watching Nodin educate the low-hanging fruit bigots or novices on After Hours (or elsewhere on boards) is about as useful as watching an adult teach a 2 year old how not to burn themselves in a fire once;
    then again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again; and again;

such pathetic sh1t. Such pathetic, tears-inducing sh1t. But I suppose it’s one way to get to 35,000 posts.

Who gives a flying, microwaved f**ck what you think about Humphrys blog or any blog on the internet for that matter?
    the provos way was the only way to achieve civil rights for all. the paracitic sectarian orange state had to be crushed by force and when the BA vermin turned on the people they had to be disposed of. the whole thing was regretable but there was no other way. the provos brought the BA to a stailmate which was fantastic. there is no such thing as "social justice warriors" its another term used by certain types as a buzz term for a rant. pc brigade is another such term.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Maybe he wanted to get into jail like Mickey McGuire in Shameless.... all those carme hot bodies getting sweaty in a confinded space like that.... there are bound to be Torrid romances..... You notice in the Halwaw videos.... no girls apart from his sisters seem to notice him

I'm sorry, but would you care to explain the false claims you made earlier?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95308087&postcount=3997

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

I hope he is saved eventually, it's very sad :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Nodin wrote: »
    You implied he picked up a gun. I asked for some evidence and you referenced a video. When asked to link to this video, you stated that it had been taken down because of halawas lawyers. Eventually you admit that there was no video showing him with a gun. You thus (1) effectively lied about him picking up a gun (2) lied about there being a video of this (3) lied about the fictional video being taken down. Why?

The picking gun is mean when you become a combatant. Once you pick up a gun you are no longer a civilian and are fair game to be shot. There is a video of him in the mosque. Someone else implied before me they removed videos of him under the Data protection Act, as he is a minor in Ireland. I would love to see the G2/CIA/Egyptian intelligence files on him. I dont think old Greens Slime are all over him but I do think the prison service are going to parade hi into court and drag this out as much as possible. It is Naive to think that his father old enemies wouldnt try to take it out on his offspring

The picking gun is mean when you become a combatant. Once you pick up a gun you are no longer a civilian and are fair game to be shot. There is a video of him in the mosque. Someone else implied before me they removed videos of him under the Data protection Act, as he is a minor in Ireland. I would love to see the G2/CIA/Egyptian intelligence files on him. I dont think old Greens Slime are all over him but I do think the prison service are going to parade hi into court and drag this out as much as possible. It is Naive to think that his father old enemies wouldnt try to take it out on his offspring

Yet you never bothered explain that despite what I asking and went on to claim there was a specific video that was taken down, and that you had seen it. Why?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

the provos way was the only way to achieve civil rights for all. the paracitic sectarian orange state had to be crushed by force and when the BA vermin turned on the people they had to be disposed of. the whole thing was regretable but there was no other way. the provos brought the BA to a stailmate which was fantastic. there is no such thing as "social justice warriors" its another term used by certain types as a buzz term for a rant. pc brigade is another such term.

Having read far more of your posts than normal over the past few days, I'm genuinely wondering how you manage to cope with the society you live in where the views of the majority are black and yours are white?

I've yet to see anything in your posts that contribute positively in any situation

LoganRice wrote: »
    I hope he is saved eventually, it's very sad :(

Yoou are probably missing out on the full story ....... its not a simple as he was a random person who got treated badly.

Yoou are probably missing out on the full story ....... its not a simple as he was a random person who got treated badly.

Yes, that's why they charged the 400 plus others with the same crime - that's precise targeting, that is.

Well they are releasing the ones with minor offences and holding the ring leaders and organisers

Well they are releasing the ones with minor offences and holding the ring leaders and organisers

You aren't answering my questions, skooter.

Why is this? Are the Jihadi Waterford Imams monitoring your net activity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Beats me. They could be secret satan worshippers for all the odds it makes regards the brothers charges.

Odd really,as the sisters claims regarding their brothers innocence of ALL charges,strikes to the very core of the issue...or maybe they are mistaken...or....:confused:

It does indeed beat me occasionally also ....;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Stheno wrote: »
    Having read far more of your posts than normal over the past few days, I'm genuinely wondering how you manage to cope with the society you live in where the views of the majority are black and yours are white?

I've yet to see anything in your posts that contribute positively in any situation

I noticed that too. I thought I was the only one that saw it, until now. Possibly some form of ASD. Nothing wrong with it, just different that is all.

Stheno wrote: »

i get along fine. i contribute very positively here and i'm not afraid to give my opinions. i will stand up for people when necessary and condemn when necessary and i recognize that things happened and will sometimes happen for a reason (or in some cases no reason)

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

You aren't answering my questions, skooter.

Why is this? Are the Jihadi Waterford Imams monitoring your net activity?

Who is to say he didnt pick up a gun he was there in the time and the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

It's like reading a propaganda piece from a severely drunken Joseph Goebbels. What the fuck even is this ?

Who is to say he didnt pick up a gun he was there in the time and the place.

Blather, skooter, won't help you. Just explain why you made all those things up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭130Kph

As a courtesy I will respond. However, your posting history shows that you deserve to be ignored and laughed at.

No, only a brain dead imbecile would think that the provos (or INLA or similiar) was the only answer to the injustices of the loyalist sectarian state.

The provo response was a caveman / monkey-man response to bad circumstances. If people can't even begin to recognise that with 30 years hindsight, it shows that they are just pig-sh1t thick. Unfortunately.

Anyway, back to the Halawa moron in Cairo :confused:

Blather, skooter, won't help you. Just explain why you made all those things up.

Bit like the bishop in the brothel ...... he was there, he was talking the talk, ..... if the cap fts then wear it. Its not my job to decide whether he is innocent or guilty but what do you think the judge will say. The Judge is probably an "old boy" and remember Daddy Halawa, possibly felt threathened by the MB. How do you think he is going to look at it. Meanwhile the court clerk get an Idea. Just for the craic lets play the Grand Old Duke of York. Lets march him out of prison and into court and infront of the judge and have him sent back to Prison when the day is over for another 6 weeks.

Just remember his father could have got him out at any time....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Strange that some posters will ferociously jump on a poster on an anonymous message board, with no bearing on the case when he says something with no evidence.

But when the sisters outright lie directly about the case, the same posters are suspiciously quiet.

• Advertisement

Strange that some posters will ferociously jump on a poster on an anonymous message board, with no bearing on the case when he says something with no evidence.

But when the sisters outright lie directly about the case, the same posters are suspiciously quiet.
    there is no evidence the sisters lied. only people on here claiming it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

I've seen evidence....plenty of evidence posted

I've seen evidence....plenty of evidence posted

Your best off ignoring him. He doesn't seem to deal in facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Go on then... show us where the posters incorrectly said that the sisters lied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,278 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

What would you call this?
    The siblings had travelled to Egypt from their home in Ballycullen, Co Dublin, earlier in the summer for a holiday.
    However, the four were forced to seek sanctuary in the Al Fateh mosque after violent clashes between supporters of ousted president Mohammed Morsi and the security forces.
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/irish-teen-locked-up-in-egypt-jail-fears-execution-30158991.html
    A 17-year-old Irish boy who is currently in jail in Cairo could have been 'beaten to hell' by Egyptian prison guards, according to his sister.

Shall we go on??

*Points finger menacingly at Weldoninho* Rascist Islamophobe .... Burn the infidel, no 70 virgins for you (bearing in mind they could all be Graham Northon)

• Advertisement

smurfjed wrote: »
    that says they were on holiday. and that he could have been beaten up by prison gards. not proof of lieing

that says they were on holiday. and that he could have been beaten up by prison gards. not proof of lieing

We now Know the family were'nt "On Holiday" in Cairo.

We have statements from the Halawa girls expressing their desire for regime change and their stated intention to achieve this.

We also have the Irish Ambassador having no evidence of Ibrahim being ill-treated despite regular meetings between Ibrahim and the Irish Consular staff and his own counsel.

Does this prove anything ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

I'll treat ment may also be Embassy staff not bring him his Playstation and also he may not have been able to go to the local Burger King.

This boy has lived a privillaged life (Private School, foreign Holidays)....... now he is getting the experience of a life time ...... what it trully means to be humble.

EOTR, I thought that you were wearing rose coloured sunglasses, but I was wrong, you have blinders, you only see what suits your purposes!
    I do however find it strange that you were against the recent executions in Bali, and yet here you are supporting the right of the MB to implement sharia law in Egypt, especially as it permits executions.

EOTR, I thought that you were wearing rose coloured sunglasses, but I was wrong, you have blinders, you only see what suits your purposes!
    I do however find it strange that you were against the recent executions in Bali, and yet here you are supporting the right of the MB to implement sharia law in Egypt, especially as it permits executions.

Maybe if you explained how a Government in Egypt backed by Sharia Law would make a difference to our Domestic Economy and the price of Brent Crude oil, people might take more notice. If Syria and Egypt are lost only then will people take notice of the Suez canal.

• Advertisement

here you are supporting the right of the MB to implement sharia law in Egypt, especially as it permits executions.

am i? thats news to me

am i? thats news to me

Nope ... that is gospel. Sharia law are big on both the Capital and corporal punishment. Their way of life just not suitable for here in the West

Nope ... that is gospel. Sharia law are big on both the Capital and corporal punishment. Their way of life just not suitable for here in the West
    my post was in answer to the bit where he stated i am defending the MB

You have constantly stated that the military junta is wrong and the democratically elected government should be in power, ie the MB..... You cant get it both ways, remember that the government of Indonesia is also democratically elected.

You have constantly stated that the military junta is wrong and the democratically elected government should be in power, ie the MB..... You cant get it both ways, remember that the government of Indonesia is also democratically elected.
    no, i didn't. i never said the mb should be in power. i stated they were democratically elected and would have more of a right to be in power then the junta, but not that they should be in power

No, i didn't. i never said the mb should be in power. i stated they were democratically elected and would have more of a right to be in power then the junta, but not that they should be in power

There is quite a hint of the Jesuit in this line of reasoning...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

I'll treat ment may also be Embassy staff not bring him his Playstation and also he may not have been able to go to the local Burger King.

This boy has lived a privillaged life (Private School, foreign Holidays)....... now he is getting the experience of a life time ...... what it trully means to be humble.

Sounds like he's having a religious experience

old_aussie wrote: »
    Sounds like he's having a religious experience

And Brother aint it the truth? if he didnt believe in God he is certainly praying to him now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

no, i didn't. i never said the mb should be in power. i stated they were democratically elected and would have more of a right to be in power then the junta, but not that they should be in power

The main problem with countries like Egypt is that they are full of very angry, very disenfranchised people. The provides support for extremism. Africa and the Middle East are full of artificially created states with a history of colonialism, racial tensions and dictatorship.

This has lead to a two choice situation for all these. Either extremist chaos or a strong dictatorship supported by the army. Morsi and the MB government he lead were comparatively moderate but I don't think he was strong enough to stand up to extremists who were using him and the MB to take over. A messy Syria-style civil war could well have developed and part or all of Egypt could become part of an al Qaeda or ISIS superstate spanning Libya, Egypt, Syria, and Iraq.

So, for now, Egypt's army are doing the right thing. An election would definitely bring extremists to power there either directly or indirectly. This would not be good either for Egypt, its neighbours or the world in general.

Maybe if you explained how a Government in Egypt backed by Sharia Law would make a difference to our Domestic Economy and the price of Brent Crude oil, people might take more notice. If Syria and Egypt are lost only then will people take notice of the Suez canal.

Extremism getting the upper hand in these and other countries would not be good for anybody. There have been many 'Islamic' fascist dictatorships past and present, but all the ones with oil have always acted rationally. We have yet to find out what an oil state would look like if it was completely controlled by a 100% irrational fanatic group like al Qaeda or ISIS. They could use oil as a weapon and also block the Suez canal. Their aim is to cause havoc in Europe and to take it over.

And what if 2 groups like this went to war? ISIS and al Qaeda share 3 things: a desire to impose (their version of) Sharia Law on as much of the world as possible, a hatred of most existing nation states ranging from the US to Iran, and the willingness to use extreme terrorism to push their agendas. But they are also rivals who are competing for the same prize and if they went to war, it would be messy. Al Qaeda predominate in Afghanistan, Pakistan and the Arabian Peninsula. ISIS are stronger in Iraq, Syria and North Africa. Other al Qaeda groups like AQIM and Boko Haram have sided with ISIS. A war between 2 terrorist supergroups would be messy and a lot of innocent people would be killed.

• Advertisement

You really could see a Islamic civil war? I see an Islamic superstate as envisioned by T.E. Lawrence (except ruled by religious leader instead of a dynasty). I see them all joining up eventually from North Africa to South West Asia. But as before with Feisal they disintegrated into factions.

I am also concerned with International Brigades of Muslims returing to assist but a lot of them are idealists and have no formal combat training and never worn boots. You hear about the French jihadist complaining they had no where to charge their iPods (wtf?).

I think if Green Slime tag them out there in reconassance or through inventory lists then their passports should be revolked.

You really could see a Islamic civil war? I see an Islamic superstate as envisioned by T.E. Lawrence (except ruled by religious leader instead of a dynasty). I see them all joining up eventually from North Africa to South West Asia. But as before with Feisal they disintegrated into factions.

I am also concerned with International Brigades of Muslims returing to assist but a lot of them are idealists and have no formal combat training and never worn boots. You hear about the French jihadist complaining they had no where to charge their iPods (wtf?).

I think if Green Slime tag them out there in reconassance or through inventory lists then their passports should be revolked.

The 'Islamic Superstate' is the aim of both al Qaeda and ISIS. Eventually, someone could set up one but for now, it looks remote. Thankfully, the above 2 named terrorist groups do not have the support of the vast majority of Muslims.

The main blockages of such a state lie on the basis of racial differences and also the Sunni and Shia divide as well. Perhaps, the countries on the Arab peninsula along with Iraq, Syria and possibly some North African ones could come together. These types of things were tried before:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Arab_Republic
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_Islamic_Republic
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federation_of_Arab_Republics

But the ideas never took off. Too much differences and disagreements between nations hindered such aims. Colonel Gaddafi was one of the biggest champions of either a united Islamic state and later a united African state.

removing their passports means the state they come from condones their actions and wants the world to be put at risk. such nonsense appeals to the daily mail gutter types who believe everyone else but their country should be responsible for their citizens in the likes of this situation.

removing their passports means the state they come from condones their actions and wants the world to be put at risk. such nonsense appeals to the daily mail gutter types who believe everyone else but their country should be responsible for their citizens in the likes of this situation.

If removing your first world pass completly screws with your life. Without that passport you cannot reenter the EU......pretty much anything in the EU. You do understand the meaning of the word condones? If we granted young Mr. Halawa diplomatic immunity and claimed him back as our own? That would mean we approved of him going there, so Ireland as a state (or part of the EU), approved a plot to over throw the Egyptian Government? Good luck with that.

I am still in favour of sending him a care package, subscription of Front/Loaded/FHM/Islamic readers wives and Two thumbs up and a message from Fingal Co. Co. Junior members reminding him to be brave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

CAGE was it they were supporting on FB?

ISIS manual praises 'Jihadi John apologists' Cage: Terror manifesto tells jihadis to look for tips on the organisation's website

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3075006/ISIS-manual-praises-Jihadi-John-apologists-Cage-Terror-manifesto-tells-jihadis-look-tips-organisation-s-website.html#ixzz3Zj2Nu1Vb
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

@Bjork Do you think cage would give me an award for publicising the Halawa case?

bjork wrote: »
    CAGE was it they were supporting on FB?

ISIS manual praises 'Jihadi John apologists' Cage: Terror manifesto tells jihadis to look for tips on the organisation's website

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3075006/ISIS-manual-praises-Jihadi-John-apologists-Cage-Terror-manifesto-tells-jihadis-look-tips-organisation-s-website.html#ixzz3Zj2Nu1Vb
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    daily mail. so probably best to take with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

daily mail. so probably best to take with a pinch of salt.
    You said it best and only believe yourself so from the horses mouth :)
    what a waste of a post. a meaningless soundbite with no substance, infact, no nothing

You said it best and only believe yourself so from the horses mouth :)
    the daily mail is something you never use as a source. low rent, gutter trash, and the rest. anything it writes isn't true until a more credible source picks up the story

• Advertisement

the daily mail is something you never use as a source. low rent, gutter trash, and the rest. anything it writes isn't true until a more credible source picks up the story

100% certifiably the most nonsense post ever written on this, or any other Internet forum. Hilarious. Eotr has officially jumped the shark.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement