Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite Song

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

This is easy. Thus far in my life there is only one song, above all, which can be called my favourite. Its epic as f*ck, and when I heard it live, it nearly made me keel over it was so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

It's impossible to pick just one song, there are so many brilliant ones out there I love!
    But this is one of my all time favourites:

From the brilliant Pisces Iscariot album.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Hmm... I'll pick a few. It depends on what mood I'm in :P

This is for I'm in my "I am ****ing brilliant" mood-

This is my "wake up"

And for when I'm in a soppy "miss my gf" mood

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Right now it's Space Dimentia by Muse but gimme a week and I'll have something different

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Nightwish wrote: »
    This is easy. Thus far in my life there is only one song, above all, which can be called my favourite. Its epic as f*ck, and when I heard it live, it nearly made me keel over it was so good.

That song sends a shiver down my spine every time I hear it, it's ****ing amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Atm my favourite song is "Left to Die" by Death, from the album Leprosy -

I'll add a youtube link when I get home.

Finished work ! Woooh !

Feeder - Just a day

Picked up a love for it while playing GT3 when I was younger...ahh..brings back memories :D

Funny, that's where I first heard and got to love that song too!

If I had to pick two songs (I can't pick one!) to listen to forever, they would be Under Pressure by Queen/David Bowie:

And... On Every Street by Dire Straits:

Actually, I'd have to pick this too (Beast of Burden by The Stones):

But, then again, these are just some of my favourites, I just couldn't choose to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

If I had to choose just one song, it'd be Better Living Through Chemistry by QOTSA. That'd be my all time favourite I'd say. But other songs/bands come close.

Dream Theater: Honor Thy Father
    Rush: Passage to Bangkok
    Porcupine Tree: Fear of a Blank Planet
    Smashing Pumpkins: Geek USA
    Alice in Chains: Angry Chair
    Pearl Jam: Given to Fly

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭victoriaa

currently playing on repeat: whistle for the choir - the fratellis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Haven't heard of half these songs! :-) I'm more of a pop person! Abba all the way! ;-)
    Oh and Take That of course!

ohthebaby wrote: »
    Abba all the way!
    I get slagged NON STOP for liking Abba! (I'm a guy)
    They're deadly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

seamus-2k7 wrote: »

Maybe not my favorite but I'd like to share. (bret you got it going on, flight of the conchords)

I like ya be'ed. You've got a good be'ed.

Like everyone's said, I don't have one fixed favourite song, but lately, it's been between What Sarah Said by Death Cab for Cutie and Hljómalind by Sigur Ros, from either Hvarf or Heim.

cautioner wrote: »
    r Hvarf or Heim.
    I just got those two albums, they KICK ASS!
    I love the acoustic version of that song from Agaetis Byrjun.
    Have you seen the Heima DVD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

I just got those two albums, they KICK ASS!
    I love the acoustic version of that song from Agaetis Byrjun.
    Have you seen the Heima DVD?

Nope, never knew there was one. Worth getting? They're definitely a band on the see-before-I-die list. The albums are so epic I can't imagine what a live show would be like.

cautioner wrote: »
    Nope, never knew there was one. Worth getting? They're definitely a band on the see-before-I-die list. The albums are so epic I can't imagine what a live show would be like.
    Most definitely. You can pick it up in Tower Records for around 20 spot I think.
    My Icelandic friend saw them live (lucky bugger),they're mind-bogglingly awesome live I'm told

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Sophisticated6y

Dancing in the Moonlight - Thin Lizzy. :cool:

(see also, smashing pumpkins version)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

... but then make sure and see the thin lizzy version again. one of my favourites, that song, but the whole point of it is this celebration of youth, and the freedom and just the small things, it's just so happy and yay, and then billy corgan makes it sound like the worst days of his life! haha, thin lizzy version of it for me every time.

Dancing in the Moonlight - Thin Lizzy. :cool:

(see also, smashing pumpkins version)
    ... but then make sure and see the thin lizzy version again. one of my favourites, that song, but the whole point of it is this celebration of youth, and the freedom and just the small things, it's just so happy and yay, and then billy corgan makes it sound like the worst days of his life! haha, thin lizzy version of it for me every time.
    I really HATE the Smashing Pumpkins version!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭mike o

Ain't no easy way by the Black Rebel Motorcycle Club,first song i ever played with my current band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Nothing Else Matters.

Allot of metallica songs or any Tenacious D song or Nickelback..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Sophisticated6y

+1! Much agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭hallstatt

The highwayman by the Highwaymen (cash,jennings,krisstofferson,nelson)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Feeder - Just a day

Picked up a love for it while playing GT3 when I was younger...ahh..brings back memories :D

+1 to you my good friend!!!! +1

If it wasn't for GT3, and subsequently GT4, and the advertising for feeders album, and something else I wouldn't have listened to "High".

I'm going out for a while,
    So I can get high with mmmyyy friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Mushy wrote: »
    If I had to choose just one song, it'd be Better Living Through Chemistry by QOTSA. That'd be my all time favourite I'd say. But other songs/bands come close...

Alice in Chains: Angry Chair
    Pearl Jam: Given to Fly

Dude you have such good taste! ;)

Either Given to Fly or Yellow Ledbetter or any Pearl Jam song would be mine :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Thunder Road or 4th of July, Asbury Park both by Bruce.
    The guy is a hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Not a poster here, but the best song of all time is Enjoy The Silence by Depeche Mode..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Dave147 wrote: »
    Not a poster here, but the best song of all time is Enjoy The Silence by Depeche Mode..

I got that album this week, the long silence (I know silence, shocker!) at the end of that song is kinda annoying though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Very very difficult to pick one because a song depends on your mood but Poor Places by Wilco (both versions) is probably my favourite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Smashing Pumpkins - Soma.

And yes, it's difficult to pick one song. So many to choose. Different moods. Different ages etc......But this is still a brilliant track :).

Advertisement