Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society Outing - Dundrum House Hotel Golf & Leisure Resort 23rd May

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Rikand wrote:
    It is with a great deal of regret that I have to withdraw from the event. I've been pretty unwell for a week now and i don't look like improving before the weekend.

Whooop don't have to fight u for shot gun!

All seriousness though hope u get well soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Rikand wrote: »
    It is with a great deal of regret that I have to withdraw from the event. I've been pretty unwell for a week now and i don't look like improving before the weekend.

Raging as I was really looking forward to it :(

Pity that as I was looking forward to our game. Hope you recover soon

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

That's a pity Rikand, if you feel any better before Saturday let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭athlone99

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Whooop don't have to fight u for shot gun!

All seriousness though hope u get well soon!

unless your driving to athlone shauna you aint getting shot gun :D

Sorry to hear Rikand!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

charlieIRL wrote: »
    That's a pity Rikand, if you feel any better before Saturday let me know.

Cheers Charlie - it would be a decision made Saturday morning if I did. Feeling pretty ****e today but I can see how I am in the AM :)

Plus, playing with Seve, I want to be playing at my best if i want to have a hope of a captains pick. Right now I'd say, I definitely wouldnt be at my best on Saturday, lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Cheers Charlie - it would be a decision made Saturday morning if I did. Feeling pretty ****e today but I can see how I am in the AM :)

Plus, playing with Seve, I want to be playing at my best if i want to have a hope of a captains pick. Right now I'd say, I definitely wouldnt be at my best on Saturday, lol :D

Spot on, have to be gone from my house at 9:30 at the latest and heading out the opposite way so won't be in town. And thats after collecting the babysitter!!

And here's me thinking you were just afraid of us in the car on the way down!!!:D:D

You might never get the chance again;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Lads anyone anytime it takes from Mad Cow to get there ?

Getting a mixed response from maps. Driving at ball speed.

Also - best exit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,702 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Also - best exit ?

Should take around 100 minutes take the Cashel exit

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Also - best exit ?

Came down this morning, took 2 hours from my house..... Moving swiftly ;)

Now it didn't come up on my Sat Nav at all so for anyone lost, it was in my Sat Nav as Co. Tipperary Golf Club. It's probably about 10 mins from Cashel

• Advertisement

Seve OB wrote: »
    Came down this morning, took 2 hours from my house..... Moving swiftly ;)

Now it didn't come up on my Sat Nav at all so for anyone lost, it was in my Sat Nav as Co. Tipperary Golf Club. It's probably about 10 mins from Cashel

You another practice round sinner.

We need a new Society rule. (1 month prior to event :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Wouldn't worry about lads practicing, they end up out thinking themselves on the day...... 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭ballyk

Also - best exit ?

I normally take the second Cashel exit. Go into Cashel and turn right but head towards Dundrum rather than Tipperary town. Golf course is on a bend on your left hand side as you approach Dundrum village.

I didn't even get as far as the putting green!

Weather here this morning is a bit cloudy but calm and just nice for golf :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TLOA72

Enjoy everyone. Hope it stays fine for ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭benny79

well any updates lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭ballyk

benny79 wrote: »
    well any updates lads?

Recycled had the clubhouse lead with 42 points when I was heading away to caddy for Ballykisteen in the Pierce Purcell.

ballyk wrote: »
    Recycled had the clubhouse lead with 42 points when I was heading away to caddy for Ballykisteen in the Pierce Purcell.

Class score - we seen a 40 odd out there.
    If you were sensible.

We hear paulo's course mgmt talks are paying off for Recycled. Very happy with my own golf today - just no magic when needed - but 34 pts.

Good laugh with pete and hole in one - all Dubs from the lived sides of the city. :D

We all had good moments , but never too many great ones or big putts.
    Great pace of play.

Liked the countryside and course layout - away from it all and everyone.

Would be a great place for an overnight and a few pints. Hard finish.

A little course knowledge would be good at the start of turn.

Great day out - good food , Tipperary nicer than the reputation :D:p:pac:

I think I seen every farm in the area - dug up 1/2 the course too.

Recycled winner with 42
    DWD second with 38
    Buddy Holly third with 37
    CharlieIRL fourth with 35
    Kiers47 Booby prize
    Seve OB Longest Drive
    Keano Nearest Pin, was actually Recycled, but as he won it went to next on the sheet.
    2's ......... Nobody so rollover to the Curragh!..... Had a great chance on 12 but I choked on the putt!
    Pick outs
    Paulos
    Shauna
    3Putt
    Macker
    Tiger

Regarding nearest Pin as we try and share the prizes around, we generally don't give 2 prizes to one person at the same outing. Maybe in the future, no harm if you are anyway close, to just measure your distance and stick it on the sheet, even if you are not the nearest. I know I was closer than Keano, but sure I let him gave it as I cracked one down the middle on 18 :)

Full results to follow later on, need to get the kids to bed then hit the residents bar with me laptop :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

A prize by default :o

Started with a birdie...what followed was very average

Edit: Well played Recycled. You like the winners circle!

• Advertisement

How on earth did Kiers win Booby prize.

I mean that was one of the best course guides we ever got for any course.

Sorry buddy - we seriously need a report on that. :D:P

Did hear you at turn at top of hill, you must of hit a tree about 8 times, was counting the branches. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Had a great day. Knew it was going to be good day when I spotted the Garda with the speed gun in just enough time to slow down.

Thanks to my playing partners doublecross and a post punk, really enjoyed the company. Course was lovely, great condition, something about it that really suits my eye.

Sorry I had to bail straight after. So looks like Charlie got me on a count back for 4th and Seve outdid my long drive. Another day of "could of been ! "

Looking forward to The Curragh

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Good day out again with Boards even if at times I was motherless on the course.
    32 pts with 3 scratches & 4 1 pointers. 3 putted four times which is most unusual for me. Thought the greens were on the slow side & rather bumpy. That's my excuse out of the way.
    Enjoyed the company of Tony & Athlone today and both showed that on their day they can bring in a score.
    Well done to all the prize winners and looking forward to seeing everyone in The Royal Curragh next month

By the way Seve .

Animal effort again - not sure what the family think of this , almost golfing affair at this stage.

Well done to the kids and wife.

Also , class of your lovely kids to grab your ball and move it up fairway 100 yards for LD, well trained/ raised.

Did any Athlonians happen to grab my nearest the pin prize from the last day off Paulo ;)

Only after thinking of it now, lol

Not surprised to see Recycled pick up another win at the boards.ie society outings. He played great in Roscrea last year and he deserved another win :D

So here I am, sitting in the residents bar, pint beside me and kiddie free :)

Was a great day on the course, think I may have even got a little colour, it was pretty humid out there. I was cursing myself yesterday when I realised I had forgotten the swimming trunks, but there were a few second hand ones floating around so I was able to borrow a pair and bring the kids swimming. Needless to say I was cursing myself again today that I dodn't bring the golfing shorts....... though never thought till now to ask if they had a spare pair in the shop :)

Well thanks to all 28 who played today. I had the pleasure of Tiger for company along with 2 visitors, one of whom is a boardsie, bogieman, who had a cracking front 9 of 21 and finished with a very respectful 37..... how I would have killed for that!

My game was alright, but the tee shots crucified me today and found more than my fair share of trouble. Turned with 16 and a par on 10 to leave me one behind my handicap, but i must have hit every tree going up 11, and then my final chip for a point landed 2 inches from the cup. 12 should have given me the 2's pot, a 9 iron in to about 7 feet, and a real amateur put meant a par was as much as I could get. Fell off the rails on the back 9, finished with 31.

Now to go through the cards and see who has leapfrogged me in the race for the Seve Trophy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭paulos53

Did any Athlonians happen to grab my nearest the pin prize from the last day off Paulo ;)

Only after thinking of it now, lol

I still have it. I will give it to you at the next outing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,702 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

My first Boards outing today and must say I really enjoyed it. Sound bunch of lads and lasses.

Played well overall, one scratch on the par 3 third when I embarrassingly hit a 9 iron instead of the 6... Recovered well and my bit of local knowledge clawed me around the tricky back nine.

Course was in great condition which was great to see. Had the pleasure of playing with kiers (just wasn't his day) and Princess poppy who gave a masterclass on hitting it straight.

Overall a good day, managed to get myself a prize (seen the hate in some eyes with the newbie getting a prize :) will do my best to get to the curragh.

Big tip I will bring to the curragh after today though is sunscreen. Got roasted out there today. Heard pints of cider is the cure so that's where I'm heading now.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

My first Boards outing today and must say I really enjoyed it. Sound bunch of lads and lasses.

Played well overall, one scratch on the par 3 third when I embarrassingly hit a 9 iron instead of the 6... Recovered well and my bit of local knowledge clawed me around the tricky back nine.

Course was in great condition which was great to see. Had the pleasure of playing with kiers (just wasn't his day) and Princess poppy who gave a masterclass on hitting it straight.

Overall a good day, managed to get myself a prize (seen the hate in some eyes with the newbie getting a prize :) will do my best to get to the curragh.

Big tip I will bring to the curragh after today though is sunscreen. Got roasted out there today. Heard pints of cider is the cure so that's where I'm heading now.

After my shocking day I'm finally home and have started on that very same medicine.

Congrats on getting in the prizes and welcome aboard.

Advertisement