Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

you're drinking it after Full Irish, the same happened to me with Trouble Sabotage the other day.

We really need to pick the order we drink beers in more carefully.

Yea but the full Irish wasn't diminished at all the the extremely hop forward hunter. Maybe its just not v good. Its my last of the night anyway until the fa cup build up tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

is the coffee prominent in the Lagunitas?

I'd say it's there but not prominent.

More of a milk stout feel to it. But it is there alright.

Genuinely fantastic stout though. I'm really impressed by it. Still sippin away here.

There's been a few posts on the Full Irish. It's not bad don't get me wrong but the double Irish they did for a very small amount of time was really really tasty and I wish I'd bought more at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Anyone have any knowledge of Molloy's leopardstown? Is the craft selection similar to their nutgrove store?

It's been a couple of months (6+) since I was in the Leopardstown one, but I felt Nutgrove had a better selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

stuchyg wrote: »
    Had a hop hunter followed by full Irish. Having a no bristle now and my god the utter blandness is killing me. Is it always like this?

I take its the bristle ipa. It's a decent ipa, just not as hoppy as the likes of full Irish or hop Hunter.

Try it again but have it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Having a White Hag Oatmeal Chocolate Milk Stout,they really can do no wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

Drinking a Siren Calypso - holy god it's delicious.

Had a glass in Beer Market (closest pub to my flat) last week when the weather was all warm n humid... So perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭toffeeshel

Drinking a Siren Calypso - holy god it's delicious.

I really like it too, if this weather ever picks up it'll be my BBQ beer:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

toffeeshel wrote: »
    I really like it too, if this weather ever picks up it'll be my BBQ beer:cool:

Bbq beer choice... Now that'd be a good thread, too lazy to start one though.

I reckon I'd go with an all day IPA myself like founders all day IPA for example.

Any good larger recommendations?

This is larger maybe? Haven't tried it yet tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Calypso is a Berliner Weisse, a slightly soured, quite light in both colour and body style from the Berlin area.

There are a few Irish craft lagers, but I'm not familiar enough with any of them to actually recommend.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

8 degrees pilsner is more than acceptable as Irish offerings go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

L1011 wrote: »
    8 degrees pilsner is more than acceptable as Irish offerings go

And I would add bo bristle pilsner too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Couple of Old Crafty Hens last night, really is a superb beer.

Sipping on an 8 degrees simcoe rye ale, preceded by a knockmwaldown Irish stout. Really a big fan of 8 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Just picked up my Born to die in Blackrock cellar, 3 bottles left

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Anyone have any knowledge of Molloy's leopardstown? Is the craft selection similar to their nutgrove store?
    Recently re-organized the layout and have a very impressive selection of craft beer now, complete with ratings etc. Some really good deals too (e.g. 5 x 8 Degrees for €10). Certainly up there with the better craft beer shops these days and competitively priced. Picked up a couple of bottles of KBS there recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Just picked up my Born to die in Blackrock cellar, 3 bottles left

I need to get out of wetherspoons and go down !

I need to get out of wetherspoons and go down !

And then back again :-)

And then back again :-)

True! Tweeted them to hold one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭donnacha

Picked up 2 x born to die in molloys, leopardstown. 1 left in fridge. They have a decent range alright but nothing on blackrock cellar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Brooklyn Brown Ale tonight...

donnacha wrote: »
    Picked up 2 x born to die in molloys, leopardstown. 1 left in fridge. They have a decent range alright but nothing on blackrock cellar.

The Blackrock Cellar is a dangerous spot.. such a great selection.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

donnacha wrote: »

Missed the last one in O Briens at the Beacon, getting swayed by the boards media hype

Having a Sneaky Owl from Mountain Man, such a wonderful dark ale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Started off with a Broken Dreams and moving on to a Fran Well Coffee Porter.

The Blackrock Cellar is a dangerous spot.. such a great selection.

Every time I go there I'll say I'll limit my spend but once I pick up that basket theres no stopping me, today I only wanted the born to die but ended up with another beer and joined Ross's beer club in The Dark Horse :-P

Drinking my Born to Die now. It's nice and fresh and nicely hopped really well balanced ...but.. I'm a tad underwhelmed. I think I would have preferred a few cans of Centennial instead..

*hides*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Founders breakfast Stout.

I think it's probably the nicest stout I've ever tried. It has all the body missing from GBB milk stout, the perfect amount of alcohol and everything comes together beautifully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Sierra Nevada beer camp last night which was really nice. Lagunitas IPA which has become a weekly and is always fantastic. Anchor steam beer and pipettes ale (I think) both of which were ok and inoffensive but not anything to write home about.

Watching the hurling this afternoon has been a Black IPA by black donkey which was really great. Burnt chocolatey caramel notes with the bitterness of an IPA if that makes any sense. A pint bottle of Guinness extra off the shelf which was daycent as always. Black donkey buck it which after the other two is quite fruity and had a flavour I couldn't quite make out but wasn't keen on. Wouldn't try again. O haras stout to finish which I haven't tasted yet today but is consistently good.

Man I love bank holidays!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

For tonight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I had one of those Punk IPA's in the old Brewdog cans and I swear it was nicer than than the newer cans!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout and Beerd Baron Samedi Porter both on draught in The Beer Market.

My opinion on these is as follows...

55404433.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement